Accountancy Forum
ACCA vs CA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA vs CA (/showthread.php?tid=914)

ACCA vs CA - iu - 06-19-2004

Assalm-o-Alikum,

I think this is not the reason that those who could not pass in CA entry test now reaching at core stage of ACCA, which demonstrates that ACCA is far easier than CA. It is all policy matters that how many has to pass and quite many has to fail. One of my friend who has attempted 5 times his last 3 papers of CA and yet got no success. Think, a person who has attempted 5 times 3 papers seems like has done PHD in these subjects but still fails.

ACCA is a very good qualification, first of all it gives you global recognition and it gives you more practical approach academically and even having no practical experience you are able to think practically. The recent drift toward recognition of ACCA by our lcoal and multinational companies demonstrate that a very bright future of ACCAians is coming on its way. And you know the other reason of popularity of ACCAs is that employers think that ACCAs are "Cheap labour with quality education", and this is very good for part qaulified and finalist in a long run. And the latest attempt of introducing Pakistani Law and Tax is a greater achievement of all ACCAs in Pakistan, a highly motivating factor indeed.

So all ACCAs, ready to go furhter on, WTO implementation is near and you are globally recognized and international companies will soon reach you but don't forget to improve your communication skills as it is like doing half ACCA and it will be a major tool of your success in future.

One more advantage of ACCA, which is usually not discussed and not regarded is the option to get an international bachelor, BSc in Applied Accounting form Oxford Brookes university, which can be received after completion of ACCA part II and submitting just 50 pounds and a project that will project your skill, which you have developed during your 2 parts study. Even after completion of part 3 of ACCA you have option to get an international MBA from the same Oxford Brookes university, which is number 4 in UK and ranked among top 24 universities in the world.

So guys there is no comparison of you (ACCA guys) with local CA guys. Studing ACCA like you are born privellaged. Remember, be handsome and make your place. CAs usually very less groomed because their instituion never worked on this aspect, which is very very important in today's world. IBA is an example, whoever joins IBA means he would have all tools of communicating and better position in industry. I would advice all fresh CAs that they should attempt ACCA exams parallel, if possible, otherwise completley switch and let the ICAP know that no more discrimination.

Oh...I didn't notice that I have been too long. Well will see again.

Allah Hafiz and take care.

Regards,

Ideas Unlimited
Because we all live happy..........