Accountancy Forum
Is CA an education that appeals student's luck? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Is CA an education that appeals student's luck? (/showthread.php?tid=9175)

Is CA an education that appeals student's luck? - mtahariaz - 11-23-2010

I think it is

56 % luck
44% hard work (according to previous referral policy of ICAP)

AND

51% Luck
49% Hard work (according to new policy of ICAP)

U people certainly thnk abt the numerics I hav gven.

- Nauman - 11-23-2010

What are the basis of this analysis?

- mudassar2704 - 11-23-2010

Hard work is must then payers for good luck are also must

- Nauman - 11-23-2010

Well luck is not exclusive to CA students you need luck in any profession you pursue. In my opinion since examination papers are not disclosed once they have been checked people tend to make a lot of assumptions regarding ICAP.

At the end of the day you can lie to everyone since your papers are not disclosed but you cannot lie to yourself.

- mtahariaz - 11-23-2010

@Nauman Well I thnk that If u have no luck clicking at that tym u will not be able to pass.I m the pure exmple.My MLW Ppr ruin me and cost me 6 attempts.This cause me a late MFC person & it has just ruined me my article.TIll now I m farigh.I Knw at first tym there ws mistkes bt I corrctd itand also I checked it by bk every tym i hav gven the ppr bt they failed me dun knw y?My all core pprs were passed in Module C but for B's MLW only I ws a late mfc.The attempt in which I passed ,I attemptd the it wth very rough attitude,attempting about 50-55%(this includes my all efforts in ppr, right and wrng also) only but I passed .So,thats y ICAP logics of passing the examinee is very very odd.

- mudassar2704 - 11-24-2010

yup I also agree, Some times realy we find no grounds for failure and in some instances we can't know why were we passed by ICAP. Luck always play role in CA. Now just compare the current result of CA-inter with previous one. Both times exact 418 students passed, what should we say about passing criteria 50% or a filter for selection of top 418 students.
Whether some one agree or not but in CA number of students to be passed are pre estimated and passing at 50% is just hint. Look at the previous results, almost similar number of students get through in every attempt. So man in addition to hard work, luck also matters.

- sayyaf - 11-25-2010

I dont agree.
Aesi approach rakho ge tu na apni mistakes identify kr pao ge aur na paper clear...
kamyabi nakami ALLAH(SWT) k hath mai hai.ALLAH(SWT) ne har cheez mai insan k lye koi na koi behtari rakhi hoti hai.

- Namia Beera - 11-25-2010

well sorry....
i believe in what ALLAH says "Aur her ek ko wohi milta hai jitni k usney mehnat ki hogi."

so it is ur HARD WORK that matters...!!!
ab koi banda paper mein koi topic bghair preparation k jaey and ussi sey related quest a jaey is per woh kahey k am UNLUCKY k yeh paper mein aa gaya to USS KO JUTEY MARNY KA DIL KARTA HAI MERA [D]

- yasir_live - 11-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Namia Beera</i>
<br />well sorry....
i believe in what ALLAH says "Aur her ek ko wohi milta hai jitni k usney mehnat ki hogi."

so it is ur HARD WORK that matters...!!!
ab koi banda paper mein koi topic bghair preparation k jaey and ussi sey related quest a jaey is per woh kahey k am UNLUCKY k yeh paper mein aa gaya to USS KO JUTEY MARNY KA DIL KARTA HAI MERA [D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Woh bunda kahi Zardari tu nahi tha [D]

Regards.

- mtahariaz - 11-25-2010

K.Agree with all of but Luck also mattters.And as MUDASSIR said almost same/similar result lyk previous result,this puts the question mark on ICAP's Transparency of passing students. I dun thnk k yeh ITTEFAQ ho .Aisa ITTEfaq nai hota -)

- mudassar2704 - 11-25-2010

No doubt hard work is the first and most important thing because without it one even should not think of passing CA exams. But as I said in my previous post it's one's luck that whether he falls in the passing students or not. Actualy ICAP papers are more a competition than ordinary exams. One is to fight to leave the others behind in order to make place among the top most students, because the number of the students to be passed is pre fixed like CSS exams.

- mtahariaz - 11-25-2010

Mudassir,Hard work is must but luck really matters.Han First attempt of pprz is platinium attempt I thnk

- mudassar2704 - 11-25-2010

Chartered Accountant = Hard worker + Intelligent + Lucky

Ya normaly first attempt is considered to be the best chance to pass. But I think it may be because in 1st attemt one is more energetic and also well prepared.