Accountancy Forum
ICAEW or ICAP after ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ICAEW or ICAP after ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=9186)

ICAEW or ICAP after ACCA - Sjd_238 - 11-25-2010

Posted - Nov 25 2010 091945 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asalamoalaikum,
I hope you receive this message in good health.
Brother I'm in dilemma and would be grateful if you could advised me, since your the person of knowledge that I highly regard [masha Allah]

I have completed my ACCA[affliate] and bachelors in commerce, these days I'm trying for big4's...[kpmg(1st interview) and deloitte(waiting for selection call).
I had been a student of CA and hav passed 2 modules...but than i couldn't do module C so left CA and join ACCA since recently I had plan to do Chartered Accountancy after ACCA, FOR THAT I HAVE EVEN CLAIMED EXEMPTION. But now I got to know yesterday about ICAEW (I know it's too late to realise this) but I'm really confuse, I have tried passing module C twice but I couldn't and I have heard how difficult Module E and Module F are, I want to get ur advice which way I should move

My family just know about CA and they want me to do it, like this thing is the end in life...But I dont want to ruin my life by making a wrong decision and than suffering in end. My friend(s) friend and people I met recently are advising me to go for ICAEW... but I dunno the pros and cons of doind ICAEW after ACCA

I'm very confused brother, could you kindly give a healthy comparison between both CA and ICAEW.

Moreover I have already claimed exemption at CA through ACCA what should I do about that...I mean how could I now get ICAEW exemption, please brother advise me somthing, save me from the dungeon of CA...

My background
I'm not a very bright student...just a hardworker, with a family who beside having many expectations from me would need to be convinced for ICAEW if I opt that [/b]

Please ..if you really could help me soon please do..I'm very worried...I need to act quickly..

May Allah reward you for ur services )

- arsenal.gooner - 11-25-2010

claiming exemptions for icap ca has nothing to do with icaew... the problem with icaew is that it is a little more difficult to get a training contract than icap.. but if i were to chose one of them, i would go for icaew since there are less no. of papers to give and are around the same standard as the ACCA papers you have already passed..

so after giving 3 remaining papers of icaew, you can claim ICAP memebership based upon the reciprocal agreement b/w icap and icaew..

if for instance you are unable to get an icaew training contract and still plan to spend the next 3 years in a firm, then as you will already be training, just give ICAP papers a try.. inshallah you will have a far better chance of succeeding since you have passed the ACCA final papers..

Arsenal

- Sjd_238 - 11-26-2010

<b> thanks brother</b>

But I have still few reservations.

1)what do you mean by <b>ICAEW training contract</b>?

2) I'm still not clear about exemptions, If we claim exemption at ICAEW thru ACCA [I have heard zero exemption fee] we would have to give three papers. But If I have already claimed exemption at ICAP thru ACCA then can I still claim exemption at ICAEW and give same 3 papers??

I'm no more interested in CA since it's really tough, but chances are more that I'll be selected at KPMG [insha Allah] which is ICAP registered firm.

3) I didn't gave p6 and p7 than it's like either I give (p6 and p7) or I give ICAEW's papers. Which one would be better option in <b>monetary terms</b> and <b>difficulty level</b>??

4) A friend of mine have told me that ICAEW is achually really expensive and only E any Y offers ICAEW's training contract, no other firms from big4's. What's the validity of both statement??

Thanks, for your time.

- arsenal.gooner - 11-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sjd_238</i>
<br /><b> thanks brother</b>

But I have still few reservations.

1)what do you mean by <b>ICAEW training contract</b>?

2) I'm still not clear about exemptions, If we claim exemption at ICAEW thru ACCA [I have heard zero exemption fee] we would have to give three papers. But If I have already claimed exemption at ICAP thru ACCA then can I still claim exemption at ICAEW and give same 3 papers??

I'm no more interested in CA since it's really tough, but chances are more that I'll be selected at KPMG [insha Allah] which is ICAP registered firm.

3) I didn't gave p6 and p7 than it's like either I give (p6 and p7) or I give ICAEW's papers. Which one would be better option in <b>monetary terms</b> and <b>difficulty level</b>??

4) A friend of mine have told me that ICAEW is achually really expensive and only E any Y offers ICAEW's training contract, no other firms from big4's. What's the validity of both statement??

Thanks, for your time.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

1. its just like you have to get a contract for icap ca, similar is the case with icaew

2. you can claim exemptions from as many bodies as you want.. claiming exemptions from one body has absolutely nothing do with claiming exemptions from another. for eg, with your ACCA, you can claim exemptions in icaew, cima, cia etc etc.. as many as you want..

3. its better to give p6 and p7 rather than icaew equivalents since you will find more resources to pass your acca exams (teachers, books etc) than icaew. furthermore, you are already aware of acca and its exam standards so that will help.. and im not even sure that other than the 3 papers you have to give if you have given p6 and p7, the others are examinable in Pakistan or not so you will probably have to fly to dubai or some other place. so better give p6 and p7 and then the remaining papers in Pakistan.

4. im not sure about the firms that offer the contract but i do know that there are a few companies like ici that offer icaew training contract.. as far as the expenses are concerned, visit the icaew website to get all the information straight from the horse's mouth.

Rgds,

- Sjd_238 - 11-26-2010

wow...you have made everything so crystal clear...Alhamdulilah.
<b> you're a bliss </b>[^]

*) really we can claim from many as we want...wow wow this is amazing.

*) I'm surely gonna give p6 and p7, thanks to ur healthy comparison ))

<b>one more query is it possible that I can claim the REFUND of the exemption fees that i paid at ICAP??? especially now if I dont want to do CA..I have paid around Rs.18000 thats like way to much to forego ) </b>

I have applied at kpmg, there are chances that I may get inducted in there....please please do dua )

Moreover, in future I have anything to ask can I please do that...you would be there right[?][8)]

- arsenal.gooner - 11-27-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sjd_238</i>
<br />wow...you have made everything so crystal clear...Alhamdulilah.
<b> you're a bliss </b>[^]

*) really we can claim from many as we want...wow wow this is amazing.

*) I'm surely gonna give p6 and p7, thanks to ur healthy comparison ))

<b>one more query is it possible that I can claim the REFUND of the exemption fees that i paid at ICAP??? especially now if I dont want to do CA..I have paid around Rs.18000 thats like way to much to forego ) </b>

I have applied at kpmg, there are chances that I may get inducted in there....please please do dua )

Moreover, in future I have anything to ask can I please do that...you would be there right[?][8)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

my advice... keep your icap exemptions... who knows you might need it especially keeping in mind the fact that icap is thinking of reducing the exemptions to ACCA.. just keep them as a backup incase you are unable to get a contract for icaew, so you can give icap papers..

the forum members would be happy to help you in anyway they can

Rgds,

- Sjd_238 - 12-02-2010

ok[^] one more ques/

tel me the proceedure to apply for ICAEW and contact no + address for the karachi office

- alihassan1414 - 12-02-2010

sjd_238 ...are u intersted in air force ...if yes then u can apply at air force because they are recruting acca in accounts department ........last date to apply is 8dec......