Accountancy Forum
Is it possible to do BCom private from Karachi - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to do BCom private from Karachi (/showthread.php?tid=9428)

Is it possible to do BCom private from Karachi - irfanr8 - 01-27-2011

AoA!

I have been following this forum for a while but never bothered to participate myself. But now that I need some information so I have to create a new thread in the very first post.

Actually, I am doing ACCA on my own and have passed papers F1-F5. I am looking at the possibility to get BCom degree from University of Karacho as well because it wouldn't require me a lot of extra effort. So my question is/are

1- Is it possible to do BCom priavte and by private I mean without having to enroll with any affiliated institution.
2- If so, then, will it be combined or Part I & II based examination and what are the next available dates for registration and exam entry application.

I actually checked University of Karachi website but couldn't find any helpful information.
If doing private is not possible with University of Karachi then maybe some other reputed institution.
Thanking in advance.

- Taify - 01-29-2011

Yes, u can.
just visit KU.. get the registration form... and be a registered KU member. U dnt have to attent classes.. u will be required to give exams
I dnt think registration forms r available these days

keep checking their site.

- irfanr8 - 01-29-2011

Many thanks for your reply Taify.

I checked out UoK website but I don't think it is helpful at all and it is a pity considering the fact that it is major institution. Now that it has been confirmed, perhaps someone could provide more detail like is it Part I & II based system or combined and what are the normal dates of registration and whether or not registration and applying for examination takes place at the same time or not. I am not located in Karachi and have asked a friend in Karachi but so far he has not been able to get any information.

To be honest, I am relieved to read that it is possible. Because I have been cut off from conventional education for quite sometime. And after having struggled in field I realize the importance of degree. Lots of people(employers)pay attention to qualifications and you just get rejected in the first screening process.

I would like to advise those who are solely concentrating on ACCA with limited finances to have at least one alternative option on hand. Because with ever increasing ACCA and its tuition providers fees and continuing free fall of Pakistani Rupee it can hurt you seriously. At least this is what has happened in my case.

- yasir_live - 01-29-2011

Irfan.

Yar Part-1&2 aap ek saath nahi day saktay, main yeh samaj raha hun k aap chah rahay ho k ek hi attempt main dono parts k paper pass kar liay jain yani k in one year, Right ? lakin esa option nahi hay, registration/Enrollment kara lenay k baad agar aap ko ek ya uss say xiada saal ka arsa guzar chuka hay tu phir aap dono part k exams saath day saktay ho, fresh enrollment k baad nahi.

Regards.

- irfanr8 - 01-30-2011

Many thanks for explaining yasir_live. You are right in that I was thinking it get done in one go. But I am going to go for it even though it may take couple of years. I just hope that I wouldn't miss out on the earliest possible next date of registration.

- Mahtab - 02-02-2011

Please Contact

University Publication 0213-263-6474

- SZABIST2 - 02-07-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by irfanr8</i>
<br />AoA!

I have been following this forum for a while but never bothered to participate myself. But now that I need some information so I have to create a new thread in the very first post.

Actually, I am doing ACCA on my own and have passed papers F1-F5. I am looking at the possibility to get BCom degree from University of Karacho as well because it wouldn't require me a lot of extra effort. So my question is/are

1- Is it possible to do BCom priavte and by private I mean without having to enroll with any affiliated institution.
2- If so, then, will it be combined or Part I & II based examination and what are the next available dates for registration and exam entry application.

I actually checked University of Karachi website but couldn't find any helpful information.
If doing private is not possible with University of Karachi then maybe some other reputed institution.
Thanking in advance.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sure mate you can go for Bcom. Bcom registration is going on these days, You should get the form. Attach everything to it anf get your self registered. And when exams are near you can go and give the papers. There are 13 papers in Bcom. You will have to complete it in 2 years. You can not give all 13 papers at once.

Hope this helps

- irfanr8 - 02-08-2011

Many thanks for providing valuable information Mahtab & SZABIST2. I am going to make sure that I do not miss out on registration.

- Urooj - 04-01-2011

Actually I also want to get my B,com done. Can you please let me know the dates for Part 1 and 2 for this year .I would really appreciate it .

- S.A.Shamsi - 04-02-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Urooj</i>
<br />Actually I also want to get my B,com done. Can you please let me know the dates for Part 1 and 2 for this year .I would really appreciate it .
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Dear Urooj
The Registration for Bcom private has been started in Karachi University for details click the following link...

http//uok.edu.pk/ann_results/images/280311.jpg