Accountancy Forum
Help with which ACCA Papers to sit for next - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Help with which ACCA Papers to sit for next (/showthread.php?tid=9454)

Help with which ACCA Papers to sit for next - prtmlad - 02-01-2011

Hi there,
i have just registered with ACCA. i got 4 exemptions (F1-F4). my first attempt will be in June 2011. i got the exemptions on the basis of being a Commerce graduate from India (Mumbai University). My query is that i am confused to what papers to take now. an office colleague of mine has suggested me to go with F7 & F8. another guy has told me to go with F5, F6 & F9. my financial training centre tells me to go in the order i.e. F5 & F6. Please suggest me as to what combination to go for.
Thank You for your response in advance [)]

- Dard - 02-01-2011

Go in the order. F5 and f6

- arsenal.gooner - 02-01-2011

i agree with dard.. whether you take 1, 2, 3 or 4 papers, it would be best to go in order

- prtmlad - 02-03-2011

thank u so much guys. i just have another query to ask about. my friend gave me a reason to go for f5 & f9 because he says both are related subjects and that i will find it easier to cope with. please could u just give me a backing for your answers, it will be very helpful to me. thanks )

- zuiis - 02-03-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prtmlad</i>
<br />thank u so much guys. i just have another query to ask about. my friend gave me a reason to go for f5 & f9 because he says both are related subjects and that i will find it easier to cope with. please could u just give me a backing for your answers, it will be very helpful to me. thanks )

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
There is not much similarity in F5&F9.Its a gud combination me myself took da f9&f5 in june 2010 and passed.But i suggest u to go with F5&F6 its a better combination

- arsenal.gooner - 02-03-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prtmlad</i>
<br />thank u so much guys. i just have another query to ask about. my friend gave me a reason to go for f5 & f9 because he says both are related subjects and that i will find it easier to cope with. please could u just give me a backing for your answers, it will be very helpful to me. thanks )

the thing is that it might be a good combination, but in the next attempt, you will end up with a horrible one.. so it would pretty much set off.. therefore, go in order. ACCA recommends that as well it shapes up your mind in the way it is meant to be..

Rgds,

- Dard - 02-04-2011

F5 and F9 don't have much in common. I advise F5 and F6, then F7 and F9, and then F8 and P1(if you want to sit two papers in every sitting). F8 and P1 have things in common, like internal control and risk, so i advise you sit them together.

- Dard - 02-04-2011

F5 and F9 don't have much in common. I advise F5 and F6, then F7 and F9, and then F8 and P1(if you want to sit two papers in every sitting). F8 and P1 have things in common, like internal control and risk, so i advise you sit them together.

- prtmlad - 02-09-2011

guys thank u so much for your help till now. i have one more query. my another friend told me to take F7 & F8. he told me that these are two easy papers and a good combination. according to him, they can be easily cleared and that will help me boost my confidence. so guys, please help me out again. thanks so much for help till now as well in advance )

- arsenal.gooner - 02-09-2011

<br />guys thank u so much for your help till now. i have one more query. my another friend told me to take F7 & F8. he told me that these are two easy papers and a good combination. according to him, they can be easily cleared and that will help me boost my confidence. so guys, please help me out again. thanks so much for help till now as well in advance )

are you sure he said f8?? f8 is the toughest to clear in the f level.

- Dard - 02-10-2011

F8 is the most TECHNICAL paper in the fundamental module. I again advise taking F8 and P1 together, for the reason aforementioned

- prtmlad - 02-15-2011

well guys thanks 1nce again..its helpin me n m thinking of giving F5 & F6 for the first exam in june. if u think i require any other instructions needed that wud help me pls do reply. thnx for your help till now as well as for the advices 2 be expected by me in advance. wishing u all a sucesfull n great future )