Accountancy Forum
PLz reply - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: PLz reply (/showthread.php?tid=955)

PLz reply - Addi_1 - 07-06-2004

Hi!I asked some friend of mine about CA and he told me that ICAP does a survey about how many jobs r avalable in the market Before their results r announced about aand then pass only top 15-20 students.I dont think this percentage is right.Do u think so?Does ICAP tells the marks in each paper on the result card.Is 50 the passing marks?

- smraza - 07-06-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi!I asked some friend of mine about CA and he told me that ICAP does a survey about how many jobs r avalable in the market Before their results r announced about aand then pass only top 15-20 students.I dont think this percentage is right.Do u think so?Does ICAP tells the marks in each paper on the result card.Is 50 the passing marks?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
Dear Addi,
your questions relate to the passing criteria of ICAP, which the God knows or Babas e ICAP know. This hot topic remained under discussion in previous forums, u can visit the relevant pages and can get information from there, the general perception about the passing criteria of icap is that the results are based on demand and supply rule, and the demand of CAs in the market can be estimated by conducting a servey, but whether ICAP does it or not, nobody is so sure about it, may be your friend gave his personal opinion or he may have some inside news.

SMR

- The Legend Killer - 07-06-2004

SM RAZA Please visit the site www.accountancystudents.co.uk/forum

Edited by - the legend killer on Jul 06 2004 54101 PM

- shabraatee - 07-07-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
Well dear! I think that may be this would be the procedure of the "Feudral Lords" of ICAP but all I know through my results and my performance in ICAP, is that, you pass when you work at the top of your callibre, when you prove yourself that you are worthy to be passed. And if you do mistakes, you lose. Don't try to put your burden on the ICAP. The ONE sitting on all above, is there, He is JUST and MERCIFUL. So believe in HIM and yourself.

For all we ought to have thought,
But have not thought,
For all we ought to have said,
But have not said,
For all we ought to have done,
But have not done,
I pray to The God,
For forgiveness.