Accountancy Forum
ACMA, ACCA, CA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACMA, ACCA, CA (/showthread.php?tid=9650)

ACMA, ACCA, CA - Jan - 03-16-2011

Assalam-o-Alaikam Forum Members.

I have recently qualified M.com degree. Now i am stuck whether Acca or Acma is better professional degree for career development keeping in view our country economy situations.

ICMAP has reputation ( bad or good) very much like ICAP making students long time to be qualified even there is not much potential in Pakistan market. Both institutes ( if i am not wrong) have their own unknown hidden policy of passing students ratios, may be because of demand and supply factors. It seems somewhat logical but many students get exhausted due to such policy. In my view on average it takes 4-5 years for ACMA and 6 years or more to be qualified as an ACA. Its long period, due to financial crises, many students could not continue their studies and if not adjusted in market, becomes burdent on society and country. These are my personal views, may be wrong.
I have read a lot about ACCA, CA comparing each other, if somebody doing acma or qualified acma may advise me about its potential in market. which may guide me towards a rational and career development decision.

I EXPECT ONLY UNBIASED COMMENTS.

Regards

Jan ahmed.

- insearchofbest - 03-24-2011

Dear Jan

I m in ICMA S-5 ACMA is far better than ACCA there are no hidden policies just u have 2 do is get 50 marks in every subject the education is tough but no doubt 2-3 hours of home study will be enough if u love ur career it will take 4 to 5 years at the most to complete but u have to be serious.
ACMA is among top certifications of world CIMA from UK has given ACMA 6 exemptions,which means you just have to go through 3 papers in CIMA of its not a good feild how could it be?

- Jan - 03-25-2011

Thanks brother.

I have also had some research personally over market potential of ACMA.
I found it better career choice for many reasons as i do like Accoutancy & Finance field. I got admission now and enrolled in Stage II ( ONE PAPER ) & STAGE III.
Though ICAP have reduced ACMA exemptions by taking off AUDITING SUBJECT EXEMPTION.

I invite ACMA students to join these posts and share their comments.

Jan ahmed.

- ali_boy9 - 03-27-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by insearchofbest</i>
<br />Dear Jan

I m in ICMA S-5 ACMA is far better than ACCA there are no hidden policies just u have 2 do is get 50 marks in every subject the education is tough but no doubt 2-3 hours of home study will be enough if u love ur career it will take 4 to 5 years at the most to complete but u have to be serious.
ACMA is among top certifications of world CIMA from UK has given ACMA 6 exemptions,which means you just have to go through 3 papers in CIMA of its not a good feild how could it be?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

May I know the hidden policies of ACCA if possible. The person asked for unbiased comments. But your comment don't qualify unbiased.

Jan,
As you have already taken step further ,goodluck for it. But remember the world has become a global village and you should have gone for globally recognised qualifications such as CA,ACCA,CIMA. If you like cost accounting you should also have considered CIMA, as this could have helped you if in future you wanted to settle somewhere else in the world. But still good luck for your future and make Pakistan proud of yourself.
Regards,
Ali

- umair_cma - 03-28-2011

I am CMA Finalist ( 2 Courses Remaining), If we see the things realistically then it is quite obvious that in pakistan CMA's have better marker than the ACCA's and no doubt that if you want a good job in pakistan you should pursue CMA or CA.

But if you talk about global education ACCA is growing too fast, in my opinion there is no difference in ACCA CMA or CA the difference is only because of the Marketing efforts and the quality of the students.
Unfortunately many of the students in ICMAP joins ICMA only because they have no other option, the students who don't get admission in any other College/institute, they join ICMAP. I am sure that the market of ICMAP students will be improved very rapidly if the students join ICMA as their first option

- Jan - 03-31-2011

Thanks to all fellows for sharing / commenting on my post.

Dear Ali,

I have not mentioned any biased comments on ACCA.
"Hidden policy" quoted for exam policy of ICMA & ICAP for guaidance purpose only from CMA's and ACA's members.
Its only market forces which determine earning potential of professional degrees, when economy is sound, it absorbs many job seekers and giving high earnings even for average degree holders.

- moniacca - 04-09-2011

I am ACCA finalist... i think ACCA is a shortest technique to get a professional degree. you have already done master in commerce. So u can get almost 5 papers exempted in ACCA and can qualify ACCA in 1.5 year.

- Jan - 04-19-2011

Dear,

kindly elaborate shortcut degree ACCA benefits