Accountancy Forum
Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder (/showthread.php?tid=9655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- munheem - 03-23-2011

same here ... no idea .. n i m nt at all studying

- munheem - 03-23-2011

i heard today only O/A level students have recievd call ..

- Dard - 03-23-2011

Has anyone recieved a call from FRSH islamabad?

- mini - 03-23-2011

im an o/a level student and have only 1 paper left... i recieved no call...

- arsalan7 - 03-23-2011

but its true only o/a level students got the calls..

- fslcv - 03-23-2011

Me too got the call at around 430, very few people are called for the test not everyone, there were around 1500 forms, I dont know on what basis they are short-listing.

My Test is tommorow 23 March at 1130 they said, but now Im confused people here are saying test will commence at 1000 but they told me at 1130 and they dint mention any dept they just said to be at their office.

Did I misheard them.
Shoud I be there at 10 or 1130

And they gave us only one day for preparation, lord have mercy on us....

- fslcv - 03-23-2011

we were supposed to fill out the form in person as well as online, this is what I was told by the hr dept.

- Dard - 03-23-2011

Anyone got a call from FRSH isb?

- Dard - 03-23-2011

Guys, please let us know about the contents of the test and post here when you have given the test. Thank you

- basit_namdar - 03-23-2011

Yeah my friend received a call around 6 30. No it is not true my friend who received the call is from intermediate background and has done matriculation. The thing is that as far as i can think the selection has been made on haphazard basis. complete mis management and no merit what so ever. As far as I know the shortlisting is done by partners which doesn't seems to be the case this time.

The test has 5 components

1. Financial Reporting THEORY
2. Financial accounting IASes
3. English ( IDIOMS AND ESSAY )
4. GK
5. Audit ISAs

Each section contains 10 marks and it is required to pass all the sections individually. Passing % is 50.

INFO GATHERED FROM A FRIEND

- mini - 03-23-2011

so thats it ? whoever didnt get a call.. are cut?

- basit_namdar - 03-23-2011

yeah think so but lets hope for the best I m in complete state of shock how can such a reputable audit firm be so unmanaged s

- masroorahmed - 03-23-2011

they are selecting on age basis,,,, tm main se kon hy jo 20 yrs ka hy but not yet recieved calll!!! m sure no one ll there of 20 years left with a call!!!!

- mini - 03-23-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by masroorahmed</i>
<br />they are selecting on age basis,,,, tm main se kon hy jo 20 yrs ka hy but not yet recieved calll!!! m sure no one ll there of 20 years left with a call!!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

oh bhaii.. what kind of selection basis is this?

aisa ho hi nahi sakta lol

- fslcv - 03-23-2011

first you guys said they are selecting on o/a level basis, now you are saying on age basis, other one is saying haphazard or random basis. I guess everyone is comming up with his own basis anyway.

They called me at 1130 , i guess test is being conducted in 2 batches, first one 1000 - 1130 and then 1130 onwards....