Accountancy Forum
Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder (/showthread.php?tid=9655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- arsalan7 - 03-23-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by basit_namdar</i>
<br />Yeah my friend received a call around 6 30. No it is not true my friend who received the call is from intermediate background and has done matriculation. The thing is that as far as i can think the selection has been made on haphazard basis. complete mis management and no merit what so ever. As far as I know the shortlisting is done by partners which doesn't seems to be the case this time.

The test has 5 components

1. Financial Reporting THEORY
2. Financial accounting IASes
3. English ( IDIOMS AND ESSAY )
4. GK
5. Audit ISAs

Each section contains 10 marks and it is required to pass all the sections individually. Passing % is 50.

INFO GATHERED FROM A FRIEND
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
wrong..
its actually...
1-financial accounting 15 marks
2-audit 10 marks
3-financial reporting 10 marks
4-english 10 marks
5-iq/gk 5 marks

i ran out of time n didnt do 4 marks which i KNEW!! (
n didnt attempt 8 marks in total (
i wish i had time.. damn i made a mistake.. else i would have been confident right now (

- arsalan7 - 03-23-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by basit_namdar</i>
<br />Wat if a person is ACCA qualified with good educational record but he doesn't receive a call. AMAZING ISNT IT??
n what is that "good" educational background u have?

- Dard - 03-23-2011

Arsalan what questions were asked in english and financial accounting sections?

- arsalan7 - 03-23-2011

in fin accounting there were 5 Qs of 3 marks each.. one was fifo calculation n others i dont rem honestly..but no ias were asked cuz it was basic accounting.. and in english a 5 marks essay on arab countries ongoing problem n 2.5 marks of synonyms n 2.5 marks of idioms (sentences were asked to be made)

- mini - 03-23-2011

arsalan and other people who gave the test.. please tell in detail what was asked.. in all the sections .. audit gk iq wagaira ..

- arsalan7 - 03-24-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mini</i>
<br />arsalan and other people who gave the test.. please tell in detail what was asked.. in all the sections .. audit gk iq wagaira ..
i alreadi told u english n financial accounting sections...
in gk/iq there were sequence questions n veri basic gk..
in audit isa were asked n components of internal controls..
in financial reporting ias were asked like ias24 n ias 10..

- arsalan7 - 03-24-2011

Can anyone tell when do they call for the 1st interview?? n when will the internship actually start?? (if selected ofcourse...)

- saad0090 - 03-24-2011

i think the test today was just a game of time managmnt and concepts!! too lengthy paper in too little tym, i dnt think any1 wud be able to atempt 100% paper wid gud answers!
and the disturbing factor was that one has to pass in all 5 sections! i think there will be hardly few ppl 2 pass all 5 sections!

- Dard - 03-24-2011

50 marks, 1.5 hrs time? That's reasonable.
Saad can you please tell us the specific questions that were asked?

- kashif_0014 - 03-24-2011

i left almost whole of GK..and some part of englishh...
but rest of the test was bang on target..wrote a vry good essay wid huge details..
wot are the chances of being called by EY?

- basit_namdar - 03-24-2011

@arsalan If u really think that they hire on the basis of good educational background and extra curricular activities than how can they call a guy who has not even cleared f8(search this topic that guy has posted on this forum). Secondly for your info i am an ACCA affiliate in a period of 2 years & 3 months and have passed all my papers first time except p3 which i failed once and have been a consistently good student throughout my life. My average ACCA score has been 67. I also hold a certificate of achievement awarded to me by ACCA for scoring 96% in f2. I have been an A grader all my life and on top of that I am a certified computer technician. I beleive that to be a "good" educational record.

- basit_namdar - 03-24-2011

And secondly i have cleared p4 and p7 in my options.

- shayanshonu - 03-24-2011

wrong..
its actually...
1-financial accounting 15 marks
2-audit 10 marks
3-financial reporting 10 marks
4-english 10 marks
5-iq/gk 5 marks

i ran out of time n didnt do 4 marks which i KNEW!! (
n didnt attempt 8 marks in total (
i wish i had time.. damn i made a mistake.. else i would have been confident right now (
[/quote]
same here yaar i also ran out of time ( i didn't attempt 8 marks but 5marks from english ( and IQ/GK sucks...what's the answer of this 65 35 17 ? .and what about this one 16 (96) 13
10 ? 15.

- Dard - 03-24-2011

Shayan aapko questions yaad hain to please post them here.

- shayanshonu - 03-24-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />Shayan aapko questions yaad hain to please post them here.
yaar ias12 tha,ias 24,18,8,10,38 tha bki ias1 mai soci ka pcha tha,audit mai components of int control,principal auditor ka kch tha,expert work ka tha bki yaad nai,english mai essay waves of uprising of arab world and its consequences in future,baki idioms,synonyms thay....iq mai thay ye 2 ques jo likhay baki 3,4 aur..gk mai largest river,island of world,2016 olypics host country name.