Accountancy Forum
Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder (/showthread.php?tid=9655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- Dard - 03-25-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsalan7</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shayanshonu</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsalan7</i>
<br />i dont remember the question but i think it was 16(96)12 and 10(?)15 .. and i think the answer was 75 cuz (16 x 12)/2 = 96 and (10 x 15)/2 = 75
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">yeah it was 12 i mistakenly wrote 13..thanks for the ans..what about the other one 65 35 17 ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

unfortunately i ran out of time else my ans wud have been 3 because
(square of 2) - 1 = 3
(square of 4) + 1 = 17
(square of 6) - 1 = 35
(square of 8) + 1 = 65
How can one figure this out in 1minute?

- arsalan7 - 03-25-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsalan7</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shayanshonu</i>
<br />i dont remember the question but i think it was 16(96)12 and 10(?)15 .. and i think the answer was 75 cuz (16 x 12)/2 = 96 and (10 x 15)/2 = 75
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">yeah it was 12 i mistakenly wrote 13..thanks for the ans..what about the other one 65 35 17 ?

unfortunately i ran out of time else my ans wud have been 3 because
(square of 2) - 1 = 3
(square of 4) + 1 = 17
(square of 6) - 1 = 35
(square of 8) + 1 = 65
How can one figure this out in 1minute?
yea its difficult but rem sequences usually involve + - x / and square cube n square root cuberoot.. so its not that difficult but i hope they just need a pass in their test..shoot man its so scary

- Dard - 03-25-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsalan7</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />I am not good at sequences, but i tried. 65/2= 32.5, the second number is 2.5 more than 32.5(ie. 35). 35/2= 17.5, the third number is 0.5 less than 17.5(ie 17). So the sequence is a, b=a/2+2.5, c=b/2-0.5, d=c/2+2.5, e=d/2-0.5 and so on. Therefore the fourth number is 17/2+2.5= 11.
ur right ur not gud at sequences p
im kiddin but i think 75 is the correct ans.. u disagree with my calculation?
My solution wasn't that bad, atleast i tried. Yeah, i am not good at sequences. I would leave that sequence question for the last. I just hope i get a call for the test, atleast.

- Dard - 03-25-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fslcv</i>
<br />I made blunder in the test, now thinking of forgeting about the idea of audit cauz I wont ever get selected.
Don't lose hope and demotivate yourself. Work hard.

- arsenal.gooner - 03-25-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fslcv</i>
<br />I made blunder in the test, now thinking of forgeting about the idea of audit cauz I wont ever get selected.

waqt ka muqaabla sakht tha and therefore im sure that there would be a lot of people who would have made quite a few blunders in the test.. so u still stand as good a chance to receive an interview call as anyone else out there..

Rgds

- shayanshonu - 03-25-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />I am not good at sequences, but i tried. 65/2= 32.5, the second number is 2.5 more than 32.5(ie. 35). 35/2= 17.5, the third number is 0.5 less than 17.5(ie 17). So the sequence is a, b=a/2+2.5, c=b/2-0.5, d=c/2+2.5, e=d/2-0.5 and so on. Therefore the fourth number is 17/2+2.5= 11.
this justification would be correct if there were 5 numbers..any ways i also wrote 11 p but it was just a guess no calculation lol

- Dard - 03-25-2011

What if there were 5 numbers?

- arsalan7 - 03-25-2011

ofcourse i was kiddin @dard
and did anyone receive interview call?

- arsenal.gooner - 03-29-2011

guyz... so far only CA students (first attempt) have rcvd interview calls..
if any of you ACCA guyz receive a call, let the forum know..

- Dard - 03-29-2011

Recieved a call for what? Interview at FRSH karachi?

<br />Recieved a call for what? Interview at FRSH karachi?

yes dard

- Dard - 03-29-2011

You changed your post. Now my question looks stupid. Please try not to edit posts after a reply has been posted.

dard,
you are right. i have undone my editing.. now your question doesnt look stupid anymore..

- fslcv - 03-30-2011

so not even single ACCA received a call yet...amazing

- omertkhan - 03-31-2011

Ok, so I got an interview call today which is weird because my test went really horrible. The guy told me to bring my original documents and report at the office at 415
I wasn't expecting the call at all because as I said my test went really really bad. Anyway lets see what happens tomorrow. Maybe they're calling me just to make fun of me or something like that. I'm a CA student btw (fts 1).