Accountancy Forum
Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder (/showthread.php?tid=9655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- arsenal.gooner - 03-31-2011

they are calling CA students (especially first attempt) regardless of their performance in the aptitude test since they dont wanna miss out on the cream

- fslcv - 03-31-2011

Omer I don't think they will make fun of you, infact im sure ur almost in btw do share your interview questions with us....best of luck..

Seriously what was the reason for calling acca's for test if they only wanted ca students.

- arsalan7 - 03-31-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />guyz... so far only CA students (first attempt) have rcvd interview calls..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
oh sh*t (

- omertkhan - 03-31-2011

Guess what guys?
I just got a call from HR department. The guy told me that all interviews scheduled for today have been cancelled and now I have to come tomorrow at 415
What's up with that?

- saad0090 - 03-31-2011

hey do any1 know k whn will acca stdnts gt the call??
and whn will they required 2 join?? how much study leave will v get cuz the papers r near!!

- fslcv - 04-01-2011

lol study leave, first try and pray to get in.

- big4interview - 04-01-2011

Hello All,

the first post at http//www.Big4interview.com is related to the hiring at Big 4 firms. If you are interested in recruiting for one of these firms I recommend checking out the post titled "Big 4 Hiring Statistics Analysis"

Cheers!

- omertkhan - 04-01-2011

Hahahaha, you won't believe what happened guys!
My interview got postponed yet again. Now I've to go on monday at 1115
Seriously are the guys at EY making an april fool out of me or what?

- mushab - 04-04-2011

what did they asked u in interview?

- omertkhan - 04-04-2011

Well today was my interview and I've been selected.
Interview was with a partner and took about 10 minutes.

Questions that were asked
Tell me about yourself.
Why CA?
What do you know about EY?
Why EY?
Where would you rank EY? (I said I rank it after AFF and he asked what should we do to beat AFF, lol!)
If you get an offer from somewhere else will you leave us?
What are your goals?
What should an auditor do if he's auditing a client for the first time?
How did your papers go? Do you expect to pass?

And that was pretty much about it. In the end he said that I must submit my documents by 1pm tomorrow. He didn't mention my test results at all (whew!).

I asked him when will training start and he said probably by 18th April but it can be delayed.

And then I thanked him and that was it.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

- mushab - 04-05-2011

congrats !

so there would b only one interview, hr guys wont take any interview?

- omertkhan - 04-05-2011

Yeah it seems they're taking just one interview this time and that too by a partner. The name of the partner who took my interview was Omer Chughtai. Lol, the first thing he said when I entered the room was "Hey Omer, we share the same name."

- ali kpmg - 04-05-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsalan7</i>
<br />i dont remember the question but i think it was 16(96)12 and 10(?)15 .. and i think the answer was 75 cuz (16 x 12)/2 = 96 and (10 x 15)/2 = 75
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

arsalan ur answer is correct !! as i did the same ;p

- mushab - 04-06-2011

kisi ko call aye (acca)

- arsenal.gooner - 04-07-2011

mushab, i've heard that they have started calling ACCA students.. in fact, a friend of friend has an interview 2morrow