Accountancy Forum
Exemptions now what - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Exemptions now what (/showthread.php?tid=979)

Exemptions now what - muqtader - 07-17-2004

hi there guys
ICAEW has awarded exemptions to ICAP members ...well that means more oppurtunities..but do u ppl think that this would effect the criteria of passing CA at ICAP? Moreover if today ICAEW then tomorrow its high chance for ACCA.. as they are considered equal to ICAEW...
whats ur opinion mates?

Muqtader Abbas Shah

- net_mania - 07-18-2004

could you please elaborate what type of exemptions are being offered for ICAP members... and why should they be influencing ICAP's already stringent passing criteria coz i don't think anything can affect ICAP!!!!

If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- sumaaan - 07-18-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
hi there guys
ICAEW has awarded exemptions to ICAP members ...well that means more oppurtunities..but do u ppl think that this would effect the criteria of passing CA at ICAP? Moreover if today ICAEW then tomorrow its high chance for ACCA.. as they are considered equal to ICAEW...
whats ur opinion mates?

Muqtader Abbas Shah

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Have there been any recent changes? Am I missing something?

- net_mania - 07-18-2004

<i><font color=blue>Credits for ICAEW Professional Stage Papers

Accounting
Awarded to members of the Institutes of Chartered Accountants in Bangladesh, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. CPA USA, China and Malaysia.

Audit & Assurance
Members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in India or Pakistan (subject to passing the Aptitude Tests).

Business Finance
Members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in India or Pakistan.

Financial Reporting
Members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in India or Pakistan (subject to passing the Aptitude Tests).

Taxation

Credit is not available for the Advanced Stage.

(Taken From www.icaew.co.uk) </font id=blue></i>

<b>now, can anyone tell me how the exemption policy has changed as i was not previously aware of ICAEW's exemption policies
and why should it be affecting ICAP's passing criteria</b>

Edited by - net_mania on Jul 18 2004 124023 PM

- Goodman - 07-18-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
ICAP's already stringent passing criteria coz i don't think anything can affect ICAP!!!!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

u are partly correct.

But what about if a disgruntled failed student takes ICAP to court of law to explain its policy of how it awards Grade A to ascertain if they are being consistent on year to year basis. I get to hear that attempting ICAP is a high risk ground but the question is why? Does our students are gone rotten or there has been deliberate attempts to keep them out to protect the interests of few? You tell me which one is right

- sumaaan - 07-18-2004

The exemptions are still the same I reckon... Although, an ACA from ICAP has to also start a 'three year' training contract under a firm authorised by ICAEW.

- Moon - 07-21-2004

Moreover if today ICAEW then tomorrow its high chance for ACCA
whats ur opinion mates?
in my opinion, icaew has already been in the town for long, so the question of ACCA can not be raised... follwing the exemption case you have mentioned....

Invest your hard work today for a success benefit tomorrow

- muqtader - 07-22-2004

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/newsst.asp?newsid=64

please refer to the the link above for the detailed article on exemption.what do you think what should be students doing with these exemptions in place.

Muqtader Abbas Shah

- sumaaan - 07-22-2004

Thats old news...

ACA's from ICAP still have to enter a three year training contract with a firm authorised by ICAEW if they plan to do ICAEW.

Leaving your current job in Pakistan, moving to another country and working as a trainee for three years?!