Accountancy Forum
Sponsorship from Canada - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sponsorship from Canada (/showthread.php?tid=9806)

Sponsorship from Canada - SRaza - 04-27-2011

For a brief intro, I am a Module-D qualified student and completed my articleship from A. F. Ferguson & Co. (a member firm of PwC network). During my articleshop, i attempted CA Module-E four times but couldn't clear any paper. So towards the end of articles, i switched my career to ACCA and now i have 4 ACCA professional level papers to give. I am expecting a permanent residence of Canada soon as my wife sponsored me from there a year back.

I plan to shift to Canada as soon as i receive PR and give remaining ACCA papers from there. I wanna know about how ACCA is seen by Canadian employers and also how it can help me get CICA or CGA? What significance does OBU B.Sc. hold?

I also plan to apply in PwC Canada and other big firms and so i wanna know whether there are such prospects?

Thanks

- SRaza - 04-27-2011

anyone?

- SRaza - 04-29-2011

Toronto boy, can you guide me, as u seem very active in several discussions.

- Dard - 04-29-2011

ACCA and CGA have mutual agreements. Visit http//www.cga-canada.org/en-ca/International/StrategicAlliances/MraAccaCga/Pages/ca_mra_acca_cga.aspx for details.

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 04-30-2011

there are few changes in canadian immigration rules, recently .. check this out at the following link ... and watch changes videos on the TV Programme .. ""Visa-Guide-at-Kohenoor-TV""

http//www.facebook.com/pages/Visa-Guide-at-Kohenoor-TV/169946446376843

- SRaza - 05-04-2011

Yah i believe they have brought a few changes to their way of dealing with Pakistani applications. I have emailed Kohenoor.tv to find out about how long it might tak for the application to be processed. Lets see what they say cos it has been a year and it usually doen't take this long in family class sponsorship.

- Scorpion1 - 05-19-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SRaza</i>
<br />For a brief intro, I am a Module-D qualified student and completed my articleship from A. F. Ferguson & Co. (a member firm of PwC network). During my articleshop, i attempted CA Module-E four times but couldn't clear any paper. So towards the end of articles, i switched my career to ACCA and now i have 4 ACCA professional level papers to give. I am expecting a permanent residence of Canada soon as my wife sponsored me from there a year back.

I plan to shift to Canada as soon as i receive PR and give remaining ACCA papers from there. I wanna know about how ACCA is seen by Canadian employers and also how it can help me get CICA or CGA? What significance does OBU B.Sc. hold?

I also plan to apply in PwC Canada and other big firms and so i wanna know whether there are such prospects?

Thanks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think you should search the forum for TorontoBoy's posts.

I live in Toronto, and work at PwC. ICAP is not recognized by the CICA and you will most probably need to write all three exams in Ontario (i.e. CKE, SOA and UFE). You will also need 2.5 years of experience in a CA training office (CATO), and getting a job in CATO is usually the biggest hurdle. However, all of this comes later - you first need a 4 year university degree in accounting, with relevant accounting courses with a minimum average of 70% in those courses, passing all. These are the requirements in Ontario, other provinces are even more stringent, as I have heard. You might get some exemptions, but don't count on that since you just have upto module D.

So basically, you can count out the CA option, unless you plan to go to university for 4 years, and then trying to get a good GPA, then trying to get a job with a CATO, and then trying to pass the three CA exams.

What you can do is this

*I think* that CGA designation here recognizes ACCA, and if you complete ACCA, you may apply to become a CGA here. It's much less hassle, and *I think* you just need to pass a couple of tax related exams to become a CGA member IF you have an ACCA certification. (Again, I am not fully sure about this since I am doing CA and not CGA, so I know more about CA. You should contact the CGA Canada institute and they will let you know where you stand).

After you do become a CGA here, you can also become a CA by clearing the Uniform Evaluation Exam (UFE) and acquiring the related work experience in a CATO. However, that would be a complete waste of time and money, unless you want to go into public practice.

CGA is a pretty good designation, and although CA is still considered more prestigious, it really does not matter. What matters is the candidate's social skills, personality, attitude and work ethic.

- malik21188 - 06-28-2011

HELLO EV 1
@SRAZA I WS ABT TO START NEW THREAD ABT SAME TOPIC SO I THINK ITS BEETER IF I PARTICIPATE IN UR THREAD AND THANX SCORPIAN FOR ALL INFO U GAVE I AM ACCA FINALIST AND PLANING FOR CANADA NEXT YEAR INSHALLAH AND WILL DO CGA THERE I WANNA KNW ABT JOB MARKET MAY I GET A JOB ON ACCA BASIS BCZ I NEED MONEY TO COVER MY LIVING EXPENSES +CGA FEES N ALSO TELL ABT HOW MUCH R LIVING EXPENSES IN CANADA TORONTO /MONTH
STILL WAITING FOR TORONO BOY REPLY