Accountancy Forum
CA or ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA or ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=9828)

CA or ACCA - Fuzzy_56 - 05-05-2011

Asak ...
I have few questions on which i want your advice

1 . Which one is better and I also heard that ACCA is type of intermediate of CA .. Is this true ?

2 . Good institutions for ACCA and CA in Islamabad ?

3 . I also heard that now 50% is passing limit in CA and books are recommended which makes CA easier than previous decades ... ????

Thanks )

- Fuzzy_56 - 05-13-2011

Is anyone there to answer my question ???

- TAYYABRAZA - 05-13-2011

acca is better thatn ca

- aasim jan - 05-15-2011

how u can say acca is btr thn ca? you mean that CA is very very difficult from ACCA, m i right?[p]

((((((((((((((((HOPE)))))))))))))

- Fuzzy_56 - 05-17-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TAYYABRAZA</i>
<br />acca is better thatn ca

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Plz Justify your answer .. )

- adil.farooq00 - 05-22-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fuzzy_56</i>
<br />Asak ...

1 . Which one is better and I also heard that ACCA is type of intermediate of CA .. Is this true ?

3 . I also heard that now 50% is passing limit in CA and books are recommended which makes CA easier than previous decades ... ????

Thanks )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- Gul Rehman - 05-23-2011

Dear..CA or ACCA...both have their own value...CA in Pakistan...but ACCA in other countries....CA Cheap....ACCA expensive.....CA tough..ACCA easy...CA has limited job opportunities ..ACCA unlimited especially in foreign countries....

In Islamabad..SKANS...SBM and ICAF ...yeah you are right...50%..it is..books...are good enough...now it is easy...

cheers'

Gul Pashtoon

- Fuzzy_56 - 05-23-2011

@Gul Rehman
Thank u very much ... I am giving my I.com - II exams and Inshallah will clear it in 70% , so I want to ask is it good for me to start after I.com ?

- Tamour Hassan - 05-31-2011

aslamulikum,according to my opinion both qualifications are valuable.my preference is CA,there are many reasons behind this.In pakistan, employers regard CA in comparison to ACCA.in ACCA if u work hard u succeed, but the examination process of ICAP is so that you really have to work extremely hard to qualify CA papers,and even after working hard u remain worried about the result.this is the process of examination that makes CA more difficult. i wud recommend you to opt for CA. AND ONE MORE THING,TRY TO ACHIVE ATLEAST 80 % IN I.COM, OTHERSWISE I FIND CA RISKY FOR U

- zahid 13456 - 05-31-2011

@TAMOUR
LOL....yar,80 pec number lana sa CA assan ho jta ha. kash mja phle pta hta.Anywayz,ACCA is far better than CA in all aspects no matter how tough is CA.

- mudassar2704 - 06-02-2011

CA and ACCA fight again.
In Pakistan where ever you go you will find CAs are in more demand than any other accountancy qualification. Even part qualified CAs get good jobs. Out of Pakistan CA is well recognized in middle east but little in rest of the world unless you convert it in ACA England by appearing and passing two papers of ICAEW. It is normally bit difficult to pass CA exams specially final exams of CA. One need to work very hard in order to clear CA.

Now ACCA, In Pakistan ACCAs do get good jobs but level of these jobs is not that of CAs. Abroad ACCAs are in advantage over CA due to their global recognition. ACCA syllabus is also much advance but it is relatively easier to pass ACCA. This may also be due to very much defined syllabus and syllabus limited exams. Normally an average student get through ACCA.

Now decision is yours, best of luck

- Fuzzy_56 - 06-05-2011

@taimur
I think people who gets 80% in I.com are mostly toppers in board which are very few , 70 % Good , 60% averge , 50 % wo larke jinko commerce ke ilawa aur kahin admsn na mila ho P

- Tamour Hassan - 06-10-2011

THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO MAKE YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT CA IS THE FIELD OF TOPPERS NOT AVERAGE STUDENTS.STUDENTS SCORING 60 % MARKS WILL WASTE THEIR PRECIOUS TIME IN CA.THEY FIND IT HARD TO PASS.MOST OF THESES STUDENTS COME TO CA BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT GET ADMISSION ANYWHERE ELSE,BUT THE SAME PROVES DISASTROUS FOR THEM.CA IS MADE FOR EXTREME HARD WORKERS AND INTELLIGENT STUDENTS(IN MY CASE LUCK FACTOR IS MOST IMPORTANT)

- alihassan1414 - 06-11-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fuzzy_56</i>
<br />Asak ...

Thanks )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">ICAEW OFFER SAME EXEMPTION TO ICAP AND ACCA ........ THIS SHOWS THE LEVEL OF EACH QULIFICATION.........BUT THIS IS TRUE WHILE STAY IN PAKISTAN AFFILIATION WITH ICAP IS BETTER THEN ACCA......... THIS IS BECAUSE OF EMPLOYERS PERCEPTION ABOUT CA "ACCOUNTING IS ONLY UNDERSTANBLE BY CA'S ".ACCA IS WELL KNOWN IN PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION.....BUT SMALL AND MEDIUM SIZE ORGANIZATION DON,T EVEN KNOW .THAT WHAT IS ACCA .....WHEN I SAY IT IS LIKE CA.....THEN THEY SAY OK...........AS FAR AS KNOWLEDGE IS CONCERN ....A FRESH ACCA WITH OUT ANY TRAINING IS LIT BIT BETTER THEN CA (SUPPOSE CA COMPLETED WITH OUT ARTICLE SHIP) SO THEN WATS THE DIFFERENCE .....ARTICLESHIP.......AND OBVIOUSLY LOCAL BODY PROTECT ITSELF FROM OTHER BODIES TO STAY ALIVE.....AS ICAEW AND ACCA WILL DO IF ICAP GETTING STRONG IN UK..........CURRENTLY BECAUSE OF JOB MARKET CONDITION OF PAKISTAN ,CA'S AND EVEN OTHER PROFESSION LIKE ENGINEERS.....FACING JOB LOSS OR NO JOB SITUATION.....WHICH ONE IS BETTER IS UPON U WHAT IS UR COMPETENCY....BOTH ACCA AND CA HAS POTENTIAL TO GET GOOD JOB .....BUDY IT IS TOTALLY DEPEND UPON UR LUCK AND UR COMPETENCY ...........BUT OTHER SITUATION U MUST CONSIDER.....AS SUPPLY INCREASES PRICE WILL FALL....CURRENTLY APPROX 1000 STUDENTS ARE PASSING ACCA EACH YEAR.......AND STUDENTS PASSING CAT IN PURSUIT OF ACCA ARE MORE THAN 1700 .....U CAN IMAGINE THE THE FUTURE SUPPLY OF ACCA'S IN THE MARKET AND THEIR DEMAND.......THINK BUDY........