Accountancy Forum
USA Undergraduate BBA degree worth in Pakistan? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: USA Undergraduate BBA degree worth in Pakistan? (/showthread.php?tid=9844)

USA Undergraduate BBA degree worth in Pakistan? - zaryabhussain - 05-08-2011

Hello,
I am applying for an undergraduate program in business administration from a state university of USA. People might say I am stupid to come back after completing it, but I want to come back because I am a very patriotic plus emotional person about my home!
I just wanted to know that will the BS degree from USA be any worthy in Pakistan? Because in USA, most people are undergraduate only and they enjoy high paying jobs. But I don't know about what situation will I be facing in Pakistan! Because right now I am 21 and actually I have passed B.COM as well but waiting for results so applied as a freshman. So after 4 years I will be 25 therefore, won't be easy for me to continue education further in Pakistan at least after coming back....

Please guide me...
thanks...

- Dard - 05-08-2011

25 for a bachelor's graduate is a a bit high. Normally in Pakistan when students reach 25 they will have finished their 18 years of education.
The worth of a U.S degree is quite high in Pakistan, provided it is not an unknown university.

- zaryabhussain - 05-10-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />25 for a bachelor's graduate is a a bit high. Normally in Pakistan when students reach 25 they will have finished their 18 years of education.
The worth of a U.S degree is quite high in Pakistan, provided it is not an unknown university.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well, If I continue my Education in Pakistan, I will do my masters at the age of 23. but I am applying for US Undergraduate degree as a freshman that's why i would be 24-25 at the end of that.

I have a little idea about worth of U.S Masters degree in Pakistan but I have no idea about the undergraduate degree from U.S and its worth in pakistan..
can you please clear it?
thanks

- arsenal.gooner - 05-10-2011

your degree will have worth as long as it is from a good university and not some community college. furthermore, a US degree might not help that much in the initial phases of your career but after a few years of experience, it will add value to your CV.

But you can be equally successful by pursuing your education here in Pakistan.. it mostly depends on how capable you are together with being at the right place at the right time..

Rgds

- zaryabhussain - 05-11-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />your degree will have worth as long as it is from a good university and not some community college. furthermore, a US degree might not help that much in the initial phases of your career but after a few years of experience, it will add value to your CV.

But you can be equally successful by pursuing your education here in Pakistan.. it mostly depends on how capable you are together with being at the right place at the right time..

Well, the university I am going to is not in the top 10 or anything but it is a state university with an okay reputation and of course I wasn't talking about a community college because you can only get an associate degree from a community college.about pursuing education in Pakistan and being capable thing..well I would prefer it anytime..but I was just wondering if a US degree would have an expression to get me in one of the big guns in Pakistani firms and organizations...so that I may show my capabilities there and grow myself! because I think just an undergraduate degree from any of the unis like Iqra..etc won't get me anywhere at the start at least..! That's why I was asking about an undergraduate degree from US and its worth in here..

- arsenal.gooner - 05-12-2011

top 10 is a little too high... top 100 is good.. however, dont expect to become a director straight on.. there are many people who are foriegn grads.. you will have to work your way up..

- zaryabhussain - 05-12-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />top 10 is a little too high... top 100 is good.. however, dont expect to become a director straight on.. there are many people who are foriegn grads.. you will have to work your way up..

Thanks for replying once again. Yes, ofcourse I can't start from the top ) I just wanted to know if I will have better opportunities to get into big firms or companies after a few years of hard work..
so, the bottom line is...it is worth it if I do from a nice university and then work hard here?

- Dard - 05-12-2011

Yes, it is worth it if you work hard. Work hard, get the highest GPA and make sure you get yourself into lots of extra curricular activities which add skills needed by employers. For example, a stage drama can complement your team work skills; being a captain of a cricket team at a tournament level can show the employers your are a team leader as well. Debating can show your communication and presentation skills. These are just examples. You can do anything which adds skills needed by employers.

- Dard - 05-12-2011

Gone are the days when getting high marks used to be enough. Employers look more into personal skills now than academic performance, although a good academic performance is required for fulfiling the eligibility criteria.

- zaryabhussain - 05-13-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />Gone are the days when getting high marks used to be enough. Employers look more into personal skills now than academic performance, although a good academic performance is required for fulfiling the eligibility criteria.

hmmm. I am actually a passionate cricket player with a cricketing mind to lead my team so I can do that thing hehe ) I am really thankful to you for guiding me in such a way. however, I don't know if its true or not as I haven't been in the job market yet that..people say these things does not matter in Pakistan and blah blah.. Is that true?