Accountancy Forum
CA Intermediate - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA Intermediate (/showthread.php?tid=9868)

CA Intermediate - usmank89 - 05-14-2011

Guyz I need ur comments and support on these matters

1. ICAP virtually ignores the fact that there is a large number of students who havent complted their inter, thus the firms are able to exploit these students with extremly low stipends when they are doing the same level of work as otherz. I myself have gone through this and i used to and still advocate that stipend does not matter and even 6000 wont do u any good but what u need to think about is the time wasted, but i realized that people have financial constraints and 1000 is an extreme atrocity.

2. The second things comes out of the first. As ICAP ignores the existence of unregistered trainees, the time they put in the firm doing work requiring same competence and skill as any other trainee(at least for the first year), is not recognized thus wasted. If only ICAP would understand this and even if does not force the firms to pay stipends to these trainees but only gives a 12 month credit for experience gained at training firms before registration it would remove a lot of pressure from the students.

3. Recognition of CA Inter is a big hurdle. It is a certificate gained from a reputable institution of pakistan and does require hard work, pressure handling and skills yet it is not recognized by HEC even being equal to b.com whereas u can get a GENUINE b.com degree from a university recognized by HEC after studying for 2 or 3 hours just before the exam or better yet buy one of a university somewhere in interior areas. HEC on one hand is stopping universities from recognizing CA Inter( http//www.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisions/QALI/QualityAssurance/UniversityAccreditation/ENUDAI/Documents/Guideline%20for%20Intermediate%20qualified%20students%20of%20Accountancy.pdf ) but is giving M.com equivalance to ACCAs whereas ACCAs being a UK inst. gets only a BSc Hons from a UK uni that even after writing a thesis.

- arsenal.gooner - 05-14-2011

i knew it.. you had to bring in ACCA...

do your research lad and do some work... you get the bsc degree after passing only 9 papers of ACCA not the whole of ACCA. according the Higher education of UK (dont remember its name), ICAEW, CIMA and ACCA run masters level programs and hence are equivalent to a UK masters degree which of course has no comparison with M.com.

As for your other concerns, i do agree to an extent. Unregistered trainees deserve recognition for the work experience they have gained by working in the firm. ICAP is peculiar in this sense no other accountancy body (i might be missing some but i am talking on the whole) imposes such a condition on when and after what papers training should start. a trainee is a trainee and i believe that there should not be any concept of unregistered trainees at all. either you induct them or you don't.

However, i feel that CA inter, not being a qualification in itself, should not be recognized because its the ultimate qualification that counts. Similarly, part qualified ACCAs do not get any equivalence.

However, you can avail the University of lahore degree awarded to CA inters after giving islamiat and Pk studies..

P.S. ------ plz icapians, bohot hogya yaar. ab apni har frustration ACCA par mat daalo.. same goes for ACCAains...

- usmank89 - 05-15-2011

first of all u didnt notice that i was not criticizing ACCA (or its students) but HEC (and i have no grudge whatsoever wid ACCA and recognize that it does a whole lot of good stuff for its student body). And it is fair to do so becuz the whole point of a HEC is to promote its OWN higher education first. do you ever expect the (the higher education of UK) to give equivalence to ICAP my point is dere is no harm in giving equivalance to ACCA but ignoring ur own qualification is what i am critical about. about CA inter if you'd read my source it is saying CA inter wont get exemptions for degree programs. It is like they are putting CA inter at the level of FSc/A lvl which i think is not fair at all. and for that reason ICAP has also notified students AGAINST registering with UoL before HEC clarifies. I wanna say that when i was mentioning ACCA BSc i was trying to state that dere is a difference between Equivalance and degree and HEC is giving the option of neither(to CA inter) and no exemptions as well! (reding it again i myself find the last line of my post a bit confusing). The thing about whole qualification that counts is not justified as ICAEW gives paper to paper exemption, similarly you said that one can apply for Bsc after giving 9papers of ACCA and loads of similar examples are out dere.

- Tango - 05-15-2011

i think we should differentiate professional education and academic qualification, so that we would be able to get out from their comparisons and confusions.
professional qualification has its own dignity & importance and academic has its own.
as ca inter concerns, we've to see how importance is being given to it by market,,smart,,so what is the worry.???
if any body wants to be recognize himself in terms of academic qualification,,then he should go to that path,,[)]