Accountancy Forum
ACCA: Advantages and Disadvantages - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA: Advantages and Disadvantages (/showthread.php?tid=9922)

ACCA: Advantages and Disadvantages - Sitara - 05-30-2011

Asalam Alaikum,

Well, I want to know the worth of ACCA in Pakistan. Its advantages and disadvantages one thing more, I'd like to know is, the knowledge of Ca and Acca are similar or not.

Why a person should prefer doing ACCA?????

Do not get involved in ACCA V/S CA debate.

Be positive when replying........

Many thanks..

- zahid 13456 - 05-31-2011

@SATARA
There are many posts in this forum which have been posted for the same subject matter and some of them still active,why dont use search bar or those posts.
Kyo jaan ka CAs ko gusa dila rha ho ka wo phr ACCAs ko tang kra.

- Sitara - 05-31-2011

@Zahid, It isn't like this. I know I can search that out. But I have some specific questions.

- mudassar2704 - 06-01-2011

CA and ACCA are very much similar qualification as far as knowledge and theory concerned. But in practical scenario CAs are better than ACCAs due to controlled and arranged training scheme for CA students during their qualification. However I even being the student of CA would advice the new comers in accountancy field to go for ACCA instead of direct entry into CA. Benefits of ACCA while in Pakistan have reduced due to ICAP's revised exemption policy but even then ACCA is globally known qualification. "ACCA is better than being a Part qualified CA having no worth abroad and currently in Pakistan too"

- Sitara - 06-01-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mudassar2704</i>
<br />CA and ACCA are very much similar qualification as far as knowledge and theory concerned. But in practical scenario CAs are better than ACCAs due to controlled and arranged training scheme for CA students during their qualification. However I even being the student of CA would advice the new comers in accountancy field to go for ACCA instead of direct entry into CA. Benefits of ACCA while in Pakistan have reduced due to ICAP's revised exemption policy but even then ACCA is globally known qualification. "ACCA is better than being a Part qualified CA having no worth abroad and currently in Pakistan too"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Appreciated....

Well, If ACCA qualified people do training weather in industry or in firm, will they be in worth?

- Ali RAZA - 06-01-2011

If a person do training whether/weather in firm or industry . . ?? I think there should be worth of person who do work.. rather than sitting home idle.. )

Regards,

- Sitara - 06-01-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali RAZA</i>
<br />
If a person do training whether/weather in firm or industry . . ?? I think there should be worth of person who do work.. rather than sitting home idle.. )

Regards,

@ Ali Raza good for this (whether/weather).

well thanks for the precious comments [p]

- mudassar2704 - 06-02-2011

I do't think industrial training is comparable with that of in CA firm. CA firm gives you a multi dimensional exposure whereas in industry one remains focused on a limited area. In this way CAs take lead over ACCAs.

@ sitara, Yup if ACCA join CA stream and complete articles then no doubt they are equally worthy.

- Sitara - 06-08-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mudassar2704</i>
<br />I do't think industrial training is comparable with that of in CA firm. CA firm gives you a multi dimensional exposure whereas in industry one remains focused on a limited area. In this way CAs take lead over ACCAs.

@ sitara, Yup if ACCA join CA stream and complete articles then no doubt they are equally worthy.

Thanks, It helped a bit.

- Ali Akbar - 06-09-2011

Hi,

If you are up for ACCA, then do complete training/articleship from firm, either during or after qualification. It ofcourse gives an 'extra' edge over ACCA qualified but untrained person when you go for job in industary.

As far as question of training in industary or firm is concerned, then as replied by Mudassar the prefered and perfect avenue to get training is from firm.

- Sitara - 06-09-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br />Hi,

If you are up for ACCA, then do complete training/articleship from firm, either during or after qualification. It ofcourse gives an 'extra' edge over ACCA qualified but untrained person when you go for job in industary.

As far as question of training in industary or firm is concerned, then as replied by Mudassar the prefered and perfect avenue to get training is from firm.

Thanks a lot, Things are cleared now.

- Kasim - 06-16-2011

Aik cheez clear nahi hay

saray forum members main app he ki designation sitara kiyoun hay?