Accountancy Forum
Way out for part qualified CA finalists - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Way out for part qualified CA finalists (/showthread.php?tid=9970)

Way out for part qualified CA finalists - rehanfarhat - 06-13-2011

Hi all,

I was wondering whats the other options available for unqualified ca finalists, like m.a. economics, mba, acca, cfa, cfe, cia etc.

What you guys suggest what should a person do besides bcom. I personally want to go for mba finance and thinking of Virtual university. But they said i have to enroll in 3.5years mba program.

- Excel - 06-14-2011

U may opt to complete ur ca.
MBA from virtual university doesnt have good job market.

- rehanfarhat - 06-18-2011

Thanks. I want to pass CA but CA don't want me to pass. LOL!
If you look in the market (Local & International), Part qualified market is now very low. If you managed to get a job, chances are high that You know the work better than any one in your finance department, but due to part qualified and having no other Masters, you will face a huge obstacle in promotion. So MBA from Vu or any other third class uni is not meant to earn, but purely for promotion purpose.

So what do you suggest what else can be done?

- farhannaeem - 06-21-2011

dear Brother

i am not asking you NOT TO GO for CA. DO CA but with Secure options. means, if you unable to complte CA then you will have excellent job, future inshllah already.
Addition of CA will be like this "SONAY PAY SOHAGA"

So, I propose CIMA, UK. it will take 3 years to complete at least.

you will surprise to know, If you hold CIMA then you can get 18 Exemptions from ICAMP ( ACMA ). No other body like ICAP, ACCA providing you such opportunity.

See this

http//www.icmap.com.pk/pdf/sch_exempt_12122k8.pdf

You need to pass just following 3 papers to become ACMA Finalist

Stage 3 - Business Taxation
Stage 4 - Corporate Law & Secretarial Practices
Stage 5 - Financail Reporting

Other wise if you enter in ACMA after MBA/Bcom, there is no guarentee to complete ACMA. Becuase ACMA is so long route. They demand

Once you are ACMA finalist, you can support your self. You can apply for CA also.

ICAP will provide you exemption for A,B,C,D Modules ( CA Inter ). Check updated policy of ICAP for exemptions for ACMA finalist.

STAREGY

1. Apply for CIMA. it will take 3 year and 3.5 Lacs. Once you hold CIMA, you are secure. you can apply job in Abroad or can migrate to Canada, UK, Australia on Skill work worker class basis.

2. Apply for Exemptions from ICAMP ( ACMA ). ICAMP will give you 18 Exemptions from total 21 Subjects in ACMA

3. Pass remaining 3 papers to become ACMA finalist

Stage 3 - Business Taxation
Stage 4 - Corporate Law & Secretarial Practices
Stage 5 - Financail Reporting

Once you are ACMA fianlist, you can apply for any BPS 17 or higher managerial goverment job or can work in private organizaion with good package.

4. No you have 2 Options with this condition Earn good money, study on own money as you can.

4.1 Go for CFA
4.2 Go for CA

If you go for CA then I guess, ICAP will exempt A,B,C,D Module to you as ACMA finalist. But please check updated ICAP policy for it. If it is true then go for Articles and Module E and F to become CA fianlist.

For your information

CFE Institute Lahore Tuition Fee

Registration 5,000
Certificate Level (5 Papers) Per paper 7,000 = 35000
Operational Level (3 Papers) Per paper 9,000 = 27000
Management Level (3 Papers) Per paper 9,000 = 27000
Strategic Level (3 Papers) Per paper 13,000 = 39000
Top CIMA (4-5 Lectures) 10000 = 10,000

Total CIMA Fee for CFE 143000

CIMA Fee structure

Registration £63
Annual subscription £94

Certificate level - 5 Papers = £ 48 * 5 Papers = £ 240
Operational level - 3 Paper = £ 75 * 3 Papers = £ 225
Management level - 3 Paper = £ 75 * 3 Papers = £ 225
Strategic level - 3 Paper = £ 81 * 3 Papers = £ 243
TOP CIMA 1 Paper = £ 101 = £ 101

Certificate level total cost 96000 PKR Approx it will take 6 month for preparation and exam on Computer.

Allah bless you a lot of peace, prosperity in all walks of life.