Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Input tax adjustment
07-18-2011, 08:58 PM,
#1
Input tax adjustment
We r going to buy some Safety items (Like jackets, shoes, gloves & Helmet..... etc) for our employees. Parties charged sales tax on these items. Could we adjust this sales tax or not?
Reply
07-18-2011, 11:11 PM,
#2
 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by olympia</i>
<br />We r going to buy some Safety items (Like jackets, shoes, gloves & Helmet..... etc) for our employees. Parties charged sales tax on these items. Could we adjust this sales tax or not?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">


According to Sales Tax Act, 1990, to claim input adjustment all the three following conditions are to be satisfied;

i You are making a taxable supply (s.8(1)). For making taxable supplies you must be retailer, supplier, manufacturer, importer of the goods supplied (see definition of taxable supplies & s.2(41))

ii. You must be a registered person S.8(3)

iii. You are selling that supplies and charging output tax (adjustment of input tax against such output tax should not be more than 90% of input tax) s.8B
Reply
07-20-2011, 01:59 AM,
#3
 
Safty Items are adjustable because these items use for that type of employees who are directly involved in production or support the production teams however these item as itself not directly involved in production.
Em also claiming input tax on such item from many long times.

Regards

Umar



<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by olympia</i>
<br />We r going to buy some Safety items (Like jackets, shoes, gloves & Helmet..... etc) for our employees. Parties charged sales tax on these items. Could we adjust this sales tax or not?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Reply
07-20-2011, 04:15 PM,
#4
 
thnks student of law & umar
Reply
07-23-2011, 08:56 PM,
#5
 
can we claim/ adjust sales tax or fed in mobile phones as input tax
Reply
07-24-2011, 03:24 AM,
#6
 
Salamx.

Yup. Input Tax on mobile fones @19.5 % is purely adjustable.

Regards

Umar



<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shahzad ans.</i>
<br />can we claim/ adjust sales tax or fed in mobile phones as input tax
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Reply
07-25-2011, 03:18 PM,
#7
 
Please give a few examples of taxable supplies in respect of which input tax paid on mobile phones is deductible. Also discuss the status of supplier, I mean, trader, manufacturer or exporter. Reference to provisions of law, case law and SRO is requested.


<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by umar_khi08@yahoo.com</i>
<br />Salamx.

Yup. Input Tax on mobile fones @19.5 % is purely adjustable.

Regards

Umar



<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shahzad ans.</i>
<br />can we claim/ adjust sales tax or fed in mobile phones as input tax
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Accountancy | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication