Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Corporate & Invesmtent Banking
11-18-2004, 01:08 AM,
Corporate & Invesmtent Banking
Dear All,

I would like to ask you all 2 questions.

Q1. What are the difference between Corporate and Investment Banking ? Elaborate.

Q2. If one wish to apply at Corporate or Investment Banking department, then Should a person sent his CV to

HR Manager or
Relevant Head of Corporate and Investment Banking

If relevant head of CIBG, then what is the designation to whom the CV must be sent.

Thanking you in advance for the replies.

11-18-2004, 01:36 AM,
<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all,
i dont know the answer to the first question exactly, but surely for the second one. CVs are always sent to HR Department, addressing the Manager (HR). if u already know tht the head of HR dept is Director (HR), address him. but if u ve no info abt the highest authority of HR dept, then Manager (HR) is best option.

</font id='Verdana'>


live, n let live ...
11-18-2004, 11:16 PM,
A1 Corporate Banking is for corporates and institutions, whereas Investment Banking handles corporates, institutions, high-net wealth individuals and government.

A2 Tricky question!. Farhan's suggestion is a typical and in most cases should be adopted. However, every one does that. To stand out you need to do that others don't - especially where there is a lot of competition. I've always send my resume directly to the hiring person, which in most cases isn't an HR officer, as at the end of the day decision comes from the department rather than HR. If you know somebody in the organisation then network through him and try to find out who has the decision power in the process and then try to send him directly your resume. A safer bet would be to send a copy as well to HR - incase there is an error in your network!

Good Luck


Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Accountancy | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication