Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
01-27-2004, 01:33 AM,
Hi Jiya,

As I said before in my posts that you do need a minimum of 3 years of professional work experience for the IOA, so, if you intend to adopt that route, then yeah you do need to work for a relevant company.
I am not certain about the American system, but I would assume it to be rather same, unfortunately.

Re who pays the tuition bill etc. It really depends on the employer. Some, usually big firms, offer generous packages, whereas, I have also heard about some companies, who don't contribute at all. So, Jiya, you would need to research into this. Just a piece of advice, I would also recommend to go for the one who offers some opportunities, since that shows their endeavours of training their future-leaders.

I believe your next question was about the acceptance of qualification worldwide. I would say that the actuarial training is very thorough and is accepted worldwide, doesn't matter whether you got from IOA or SOA. However, if you intend to work in the UK, then I would recommend doing IOA, and if in the USA, the SOA. Apart from these 2 countries, everywhere else, either of them would have the same prestige.

I hope my insight would be found solicitous.



Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Accountancy | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication