Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr Toronto Boy--- help
10-06-2009, 04:41 PM,

dear toronto boy i just started CA and m in module A. thought about doina ACCA after D module. my problem is that my intermediate result just came n i got an overall B-grade. my father always told me that a person with an A-grade throughout accademic career is given preference for promotion n provided better allownces in his job (post job scenario). now i want 2 ask that is this thing same with accountancy jobs (more precisely outside 'Pakistan' since u are a cannadian resident) i.e. is intermediate result very important for accountacy jobs and do firms tend to hire accountants seeing there overall academics record (matriculation, intermediate, bachelors e.t.c) or do they prefer those individual who have shown good result in their accountancy examinations.

thnx a million in advance..
10-07-2009, 03:23 AM,

Dear syedakif110

I am not a consultant, but an accountant, though living here for about a decade. Whatever I write here is based on my personal understanding of different things. These may or may not be correct.

You may listen to every one (including me and consultants), but evaluate circumstances and calculate your own risks and costs involved by yourself. Then take your own decision.

If you can spend Cad$3,000 just on having a "job offer letter", in addition to paying several other official and consultant fees, why don't you opt the simple way of applying for immigration in normal course, just like all other people do. Immigration process is recently accelerated and I heared that it is not taking much time these days.

I don't wanna say that perhaps consultants are lying to you to get your money. Still, by living and working in this economy, specially these days with recession, anyone can easily say that having a regular accounting related job offer letter for an unknown immigrant from distant land is not an easy task. Moreover, it is revocable anytime and not binding. So, even if you get a genuine "job offer letter" and come here using it, you may not be ensured with a job for an extended reasonable period of time. Similarly, I don't think you have very unique skills set that is not easily available here.

However, "job offer letter" may provide you some additional points for your immigration application, provided immigration officer accepts it knowing all legal requirements.

Though I know consultants prepare and arrange for "job offer letters" somehow, I don't wanna comment on ligitimacy of those.

Dear, I have already written my opinion. Following link may help you further for immigration related questions. Ask your question to participants (from Pakistan) on Canadian High Commission (CHC), Islamabad related thread. I am sure people can help you there.

http//www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8212&whichpage=740

http//www.immigration.ca/discussion2/default.asp

Best Wishes

10-07-2009, 03:55 AM,

Dear prince adi

Marks can play a role for a fresh candidate for job when he/she does not have prior experience. However, later for promotion or switching jobs, nature, quality, length of experience as well as work ethics play more vital role.

Regards
10-07-2009, 06:43 AM,

Salam,

Totally agreed!!
V.good answer.

Regards.
[^]
10-08-2009, 04:14 PM,

Dear prince adi

Very important point I wanna mention to you and other students of your age that though we should work hard in every level of education i.e. Matric, Inter, Graduation etc. etc. but don't be discouraged with not having highest marks in any class or level.

Life does not stuck-up with your marks/numbers in any typical level (i.e. Matric or Inter etc.). Some people just stuck (and become discouraged/stagnant) in their whole life in marks of any typical level and don't start working hard again. Similarly, not every subject or field of study (like science Pre-Med or Pre-Eng) are for every student. There may be several other subjects and fields where a typical student can excel and eventually get success in life.

I know, unfortunately, our Pakistani society creates classes among students on basis of their marks in matric or inter, which leaves very bad longer lasting effects on their personalities. But let me confirm you that there are uncountable number of successful people in Pakistan and in the world who did not get very good marks in a typical level (let say matric or inter) but later worked hard and got success.

So, don't repent on whatever happened in past. Just get your lesson from it, and move on. There are many avenues waiting for you all. Explore them and create your niche in whatever you can do.

This is a general message for all students.

Best Wishes
10-09-2009, 03:46 PM,

Dear toronto_boy

I really appreciate your way/efforts to encourage/guide students n others for their way to practical life...it is really a commendable thing to spare time for others in this materialistic time...the God says make convinience for others allah will make convinience for you.....Jazakallah
10-09-2009, 11:57 PM,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dear prince adi

Very important point I wanna mention to you and other students of your age that though we should work hard in every level of education i.e. Matric, Inter, Graduation etc. etc. but don't be discouraged with not having highest marks in any class or level.

Life does not stuck-up with your marks/numbers in any typical level (i.e. Matric or Inter etc.). Some people just stuck (and become discouraged/stagnant) in their whole life in marks of any typical level and don't start working hard again. Similarly, not every subject or field of study (like science Pre-Med or Pre-Eng) are for every student. There may be several other subjects and fields where a typical student can excel and eventually get success in life.

I know, unfortunately, our Pakistani society creates classes among students on basis of their marks in matric or inter, which leaves very bad longer lasting effects on their personalities. But let me confirm you that there are uncountable number of successful people in Pakistan and in the world who did not get very good marks in a typical level (let say matric or inter) but later worked hard and got success.

So, don't repent on whatever happened in past. Just get your lesson from it, and move on. There are many avenues waiting for you all. Explore them and create your niche in whatever you can do.

This is a general message for all students.

Best Wishes
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Salam,

Very well said Sir, this usualy happens with me. I ever get dishearted by my result. But I want to say something here that when I got my hsc part 1 result it was bad result means I got 54% and other mates of my class who were haaving good percentage became teacher's favariote.

And one of my teacher started paying attention on that girl because of her good marks and started ignoring us. We were very puntual and regular in our class. When we used to ask question they never used to reply. It made us disoppointed. I and two of my friend got supply in that paper. I dont know about rest.

This really happens in our country teachers start prefering those students who are good at studies and get good marks and start ignoring those who are very hard working.
10-10-2009, 08:08 AM,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dear syedakif110

I am not a consultant, but an accountant, though living here for about a decade. Whatever I write here is based on my personal understanding of different things. These may or may not be correct.

You may listen to every one (including me and consultants), but evaluate circumstances and calculate your own risks and costs involved by yourself. Then take your own decision.

If you can spend Cad$3,000 just on having a "job offer letter", in addition to paying several other official and consultant fees, why don't you opt the simple way of applying for immigration in normal course, just like all other people do. Immigration process is recently accelerated and I heared that it is not taking much time these days.

I don't wanna say that perhaps consultants are lying to you to get your money. Still, by living and working in this economy, specially these days with recession, anyone can easily say that having a regular accounting related job offer letter for an unknown immigrant from distant land is not an easy task. Moreover, it is revocable anytime and not binding. So, even if you get a genuine "job offer letter" and come here using it, you may not be ensured with a job for an extended reasonable period of time. Similarly, I don't think you have very unique skills set that is not easily available here.

However, "job offer letter" may provide you some additional points for your immigration application, provided immigration officer accepts it knowing all legal requirements.

Though I know consultants prepare and arrange for "job offer letters" somehow, I don't wanna comment on ligitimacy of those.

Dear, I have already written my opinion. Following link may help you further for immigration related questions. Ask your question to participants (from Pakistan) on Canadian High Commission (CHC), Islamabad related thread. I am sure people can help you there.

http//www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8212&whichpage=740

http//www.immigration.ca/discussion2/default.asp

Best Wishes

@ Syed Aakif110

If you qualify without job offer letter then there is no need to get one.
You can get immigration in six months under new immigration rules and there is no need to hire a consultant as the process is very simple. Just visit www.cic.gc.ca and down load immigration guide along with forms and determine your NOC code and thats it. You have to sent your forms along with copy of passport and DD of CAD$ 550/- to Central Intake Unit Sydney Nova Scotia Canada.

Below is the link to a popular forum about immigration

http//www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pakistan-application-forum-t19839.3800.html

Hope this helps

@ Toronto Boy

I will be in toronto from 18th Oct to 22nd November, will call you if i need to discuss any issue.

Thanks for sharing valuable information on the forum.

regards

M.Rizwan
10-11-2009, 03:57 AM,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
@ Toronto Boy

I will be in toronto from 18th Oct to 22nd November, will call you if i need to discuss any issue.

regards

M.Rizwan

OK. No problem. If I could not get your call, leave your name, message, and number on answering machine. I'll get back to you ASAP.
10-22-2009, 07:19 PM,

@ MRS
Will u apply for canadian immigration- thnx 4 ur information-