Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CA Inter Along with Mba finance
04-05-2010, 07:19 AM
CA Inter Along with Mba finance
Please tell me whether it will be a good idea to do MBA finance along with CA Inter ?? I am asking this question because my performance in CA is not very satisfactory . Even my module B is not fully cleared up til now . March 2010 was my third attempt of module B . I cannot get admission in IBA because they require 16 years education and I have done B Com and it is equivalent to 14 years . For this I have to take admission in Masters and complete the remaining two years for it . Though I think that I can get admission in other universities like SZABIST ,IQRA ,BAHRIA ,KU etc on the basis of B Com. I have heard that If we took so many attempts in doing CA then its better not to do it . I dont want to do ACCA coz now one can give some papers of any module like in ACCA . I know that continuing CA Inter with MBA will be more difficult but I want to know will it be of any use or not ?? What should i do please tell ??
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Definitely, an MBA Finance degree is of worth whether it be with any professional qualification.
04-06-2010, 05:09 AM

Dear u would be required to do really well in the test,interview , besides completing prerequisite 16 years education, to get into IBA.
I have seen many CA/ACMA students doing MBA/MCOM on the sidelines.But most opt for AIOU MBA or even VU.My cousin is in stage 3 of ACMA and also doing MCOM from a low profile university.
I believe it would be difficult to do CA and study in a good university with rigorous curriculum for MBA concurrently.Now that ICAP has imposed 6 attempts restriction , to farigh honay ka kafi khatra hoga.
Agar is dar say MBA kerna hai k chalo ji CA na bhi hoa to MBA ki degree to hath main hogi to phir MBA chor ker sirf CA per concentrate karo.But if u r committed to do both and can manage then go ahead.Sky is the limit.
04-06-2010, 03:54 PM

[/quote]
CA is not a private education which can be studied in line with MBA and this too requires regular attendence at the university.
[/quote]
ICAP has abolished regular attendence requirement for CA in RAETS so CA could be completed privately.
04-06-2010, 04:16 PM

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mfahr</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br /><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
CA is not a private education which can be studied in line with MBA and this too requires regular attendence at the university.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
ICAP has abolished regular attendence requirement for CA in RAETS so CA could be completed privately.
[/quote]

Though, ICAP has abolished regular attendance requirement, but still CA does not stand at a level of a private education. It needs full time concentration.
[/quote]
I agree on concentration part.
04-07-2010, 09:10 AM

Yes . You are absolutely right on the concentration part . But I have heard that when someone starts article ship he has to submit his graduation documents or other documents such as certificate of CA Inter to that firm . So that the person cannot continue any other qualification . I have been told this by my cousin who is doing articleship in a CA firm . And now I personally feel that by imposing 6 attempts limit ICAP has given relief to the students because attempting the whole module is not mandatory now . One can give one or two papers of any module . As I have studied module B and C before , so it would not take much time now . I have also heard that MBA is not that tough . I think taking 4 courses in a semester would not be a problem . On the other hand atleast 16 years education is also necessary .
04-09-2010, 03:02 AM

Kamran bhai and Shoaib bhai please shed some light on this topic . Im Waiting .
04-13-2010, 04:21 PM

Farhan getting MBA is not a difficult task but in market alot of ppl have MBA degrees... getting good GPA obviously require effort and if you want just a degree then u can get it... but unfortunatly HEC banned Alkher uni. and mba for bcommers are now of 3.5-4 years.
04-14-2010, 04:59 AM

I think IQra and szabist are still offering two years MBA to B com candidates .
04-14-2010, 06:40 AM

Farhan.

Log on to http://www.interface.edu.pk (List of all universities offering MBA in your city)

Regards.
04-14-2010, 07:21 AM

Yasir Bhai thanks for letting me know about this web

@Atifboss
I have never heard about this alkhair uni . According to my info , a person having 14 years B com degree is required to take 24 courses in MBA irrespective of the time he takes to complete it . If one takes 4 courses in semester than it will take 6 semester means three years to complete MBA . I have never heard about 4 year MBA .
04-14-2010, 05:24 PM

Farhan.

Even agar kaheen 4 saal ka MBA mil bhi raha ho to mat karna, Werna Employers hassain gay Aur mazak uraingay, Woh kahan gay Bachelors char saal ka hona chaiyay tha Woh 2 saal main Muka diya aur Masters 2 saal ka hona chaiyay tha woh 4 saal main kia.

Ku has MBA evening of 3 Years, 3 years is max I heard of. Never heard of 4 Years MBA.

AtifBoss, Comeon yaar Bcom itna bhi gya guzra nahi k is k baad MBA 4 saal main ho.

Regards.
04-15-2010, 03:46 AM

mfahr

Thanks a lot for sharing this information .

I further wants to know that Iqra offering three years MBA is equivalent to M.Phil or not ?? Is there any difference between Iqras gulshan branch and defence branch . My cousin who is doing BBA from IQra was telling me that gulshan branch is not recognized by HEc and it has no worth . He was saying that IQra ki gulshan branch se MBA karna fazool hai ?? Is this right or wrong ??
04-15-2010, 03:53 AM

Will it be a good idea that I complete M com first and then try for IBA ?? Or doing MBA from iqra is better for me now ???

I have no plan to do Ph .D in banking but I have plan to do CFA instead .

I have so many plans but I don't know which one is going to work for me .

Nowadays I am doing CA and struggling in it .
04-15-2010, 06:18 AM

Farhan.

Y don't U opt for Masters in Urdu Literature, I think it will Work for U since U r also good in Poetry And Urdu Adab.

Regards.