Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tax Exemption on Software Export
08-31-2010, 05:43 PM,
Hello mirfawad,

I believe that registration with PSEB is required if you are a company (Private Limited, Partnership etc).

I talked to PSEB staff once about that. They do not register individuals working under their own name.

But again, I am not an expert, LapTop may provide authentic information.

08-31-2010, 08:01 PM,
JI mera wasta to kabhi para hi nahi PSEB say,,
09-01-2010, 05:16 PM,
Dlight you are right. PSEB does not register with individual's personal name but a sole proprietorship have registered business name can be registered with PSEB.

NOW iknow a person who is running a software house as a sole proprietorship but is registered with PSEB.

Thanks all of you for your cooperation. Now I have sought out my problem.
09-02-2010, 03:59 AM,
Salam ,

I am in a similar situation , now i would be really thankful if anyone could help me out , i am currently living in lahore and i am thinking to apply for Tier 1 visa for UK . I am working as a contractor with a UK based company . I send them invoices and they send payment in my personal bank account , so here are my confusions

1. How to get NTN number ?
2. How to register a software company name in pakistan?
3. Would registering with PSEB also covers the company registration part or is it a separate part ?

4. If i apply for visa would the Tax exemption help coz my only purpose is to get the tax exemption evidence for the visa application ,

Many Thanks
09-02-2010, 03:54 PM,
Hello Arsalan,

I believe we are on same boat. Perhaps we can do something useful by sharing information (regarding UK Visa, as I am also going for it).
I am also a contractor.
If you want to exchange knowledge, then please reply with your contact information.

09-02-2010, 05:06 PM,
For NTN, download NTN form from fill this form and attach supporting documents and submit it to the TAX Office. You can also apply online for NTN.

I have no idea about business name registration of individual.

Registration with PSEB is comletely separate thing. When you have your NTN and Registered name of business then you can apply for Registration with PSEB.

If you mean that tax emption will help you in getting the visa then it is not right. tax exemption will not help in getting visa.
09-02-2010, 06:40 PM,
@Dlight , My contact information is 03224525010 , feel free to call

@Mir fawad , thanks for giving me a direction , as far as the tax thingy is concerned visa application requires us to show evidence that i am a tax payer , there are two ways i can go about

1. pay tax to this GOVT P which i dont want to when there is an exemption option for IT
2. get registered with PSEB and show tax exemption proof coz i am already thinking to outsource
work from UK to PK .

In either case i qualify easily for Tier 1 visa , my earning is getting enough points for me. I just dont want to pay the tax coz of obvious reasons.

Many thanks
09-02-2010, 07:15 PM,
Then you need to do nothing. As after fulfilling all the procedure which i mentioned you would not get any exemption certificate from govt. As exemption is mentioned in income tax ordinance. the puropse of the earlier mentioned requirements is that to make your end safe i.e if in case, tax authorities ask you to prove that you are exporting IT related services then this will help you.
09-02-2010, 09:25 PM,
MIr Bhai,,,,

Business name kahin registerd nahi karwana parta hay,,, business name NTN pay likha hota hay agar ap business individual hayn to,,,

Jab ap NTN ki application file karty han to us application may hi aap ko apna business name batana parta hay jo k aap k NTN may likha jata hay.
09-03-2010, 04:16 PM,
sir i think if you does not register your name then the same can be used by any one. When you do not register your name and only evidence of your business name is NTN then same can be used by any one else so that your name is not protected. i think to avoid this problem, you should register your name.

I understand it is not compulsion and it is optional.

Kindly let me know if business name of an individual is not registered then "TRADEMARK" is something different.
10-04-2010, 12:39 AM,

I have not registered myself as a Business Person for the past 2 years and I have been accepting money for IT services from foreign clients. Now I want to declare all that income for the past 2 years and claim tax exemption, so that all of my past income is considered legal. Please advise if this is possible.

IT Professional
10-05-2010, 08:54 PM,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by itprofessional</i>
<br />Hello,

I have not registered myself as a Business Person for the past 2 years and I have been accepting money for IT services from foreign clients. Now I want to declare all that income for the past 2 years and claim tax exemption, so that all of my past income is considered legal. Please advise if this is possible.

IT Professiona

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

@ IT Professional

For this purpose you are required to fulfill the following reuirements-

1- Your receipt of money should be from proper Banking Channel.
2- You are required to revise the Income Tax Returns for the past two years.
3- From now onwards get yourself registered as business individual and obtain registration of PSEB and then open Bank account with your business name.

I hope that the above will be sufficient to satisfy your good self.

Thanks & Regards


10-06-2010, 04:26 PM,

Dear itprofessional,

Although, mirfawad has replied correctly and nicely.

Besides the same, please visit the following thread, which might help you,(Further, You may initiate any query, if there arises such necessity);

Furthermore, Registration at PSEB is obligatory and not mandatory, and PSEB registers every person, be it an individual or a company, however the requirement for registration purpose is slenderly different.

Best Regards,

12-22-2010, 03:47 PM,
i need to know some basic information about NTN
i just got my NTN no. and it is in individual category
i made it because i receive some rent from a house owned by me.
i need to know that what is E-enrollment in fbr website?
my name spelling is wrong with a letter, can i change it?
i am using some postpaid connections (Mobile) can i redeem advance income tax which is 10% .as some 1 told me that you can retain it after 1 year.

guys please provide me this information


Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Accountancy | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication