Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Proud to be a Pakistani !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Proud to be a Pakistani, it is us who make the nation, just because of a few scum bags, who give our great nation a bad name, can we not allow it to be take hostage and have her name bantered all over.

I am actually sick of hearing people bad mouthing their own country, its time we wake up and actually understand and feel responsible for what we say about our country. Just look across the borders all four sides,. have any one heard an Iranian bad mouth Iran, they eat your head of singing praises to their Zooristarian past and great Persia ! Arabs I don't need to tell any one how proud they are of being an Arab, Chinese... well they are Chinese, the Indians, they have a zillion castes, have monkeys, buffalos, dogs even pigs littering their streets, poverty, a zillion people living below the poverty line, ........ but never heard one bad mouthing India.. to them its mother earth. and us Pakistanis ! if we don't respect us, no one repects us.

[D] insan bhoot na shukrah ha , so wht eva Allah provied us with we will be still looking at wht be dont hv rather than wht we hv.

<b>
Y is the WorLd so full of ..............FOOLs ?????? n y am I one of them ( .</b>
[Wink]
I have mixed feelings about this ashamed and proud thing. One one hand, how can one not be ashamed with the downright miserable state of our country? On the other hand, wherever we are right now is because of Pakistan. It is because of Pakistan, most of us are able to enjoy freedom of religion and not be in a minority status.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />... have any one heard an Iranian bad mouth Iran, they eat your head of singing praises to their Zooristarian past and great Persia !<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Yes I've heared irnanians saying all sort of strange things about thier country.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Arabs I don't need to tell any one how proud they are of being an Arab,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Give the poor people of my nation what the Arabs have you'd see how people will change sides. I around you how many would not like to have access to booz, boobs and bed. Just becuase they are proud of the filth they are into doesnt mean that we should admire them. And to be honest with you Arabs are in a miserable state and some of the people who realise this do raise voice. I've read article here and there about their dissatisfaction.

<br />Chinese... well they are Chinese,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Had my nation be a thread to supperpower I'd have certianly enjoyed being who I was. You see the point is they have and even still are givin sacrifices to bring thier country as a supperpower. I give you and example Chinese eat alot of rice and the rice that is grown in China is of inferior quality. They siad if we import wheat or if we import better quality rice we would lose alot of foreign reserve. So they decided to stick with the rice that is grown in their country. Regardless of the quality it provides them energy to keep working.
Example two after september 11 China exported 20 million US Flags to America. Why? they saw the oppertunity to make money and they did. Have you heared the praises which our textile industry gets? But I'm sure you cant quote a single expample of Pakistan exploring/exploiting the opportunities.

<br />the Indians, they have a zillion castes, have monkeys, buffalos, dogs even pigs littering their streets, poverty, a zillion people living below the poverty line, ........ but never heard one bad mouthing India.. to them its mother earth.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Their leaders use the indian made pathetic cars to travel. Becuase they think that is the best buy using the taxpayers' money. Where as our dear leader would not move unless they have a S class merc. Did you know that Junajo an ex-prime minster wanted to pass a bill according to which not Pakistani leader or an arm forces personal would be able to have an imported car. Just a simple bill which might have done some good to the poor public. Look what they did to him.
Secondly, incase you are out of touch India is suppose to achieve higher GDP growth than any other country by 2015.
If you have done your undergraduate from and indian university you'd be able to get admission in a Masters programm in UK and US universities. But if you have done the same from Pakistan you'd find it difficult to enroll in a master's programm. Even if you get enrolled you'll have to take some additional 'foundation' courses.
Currently, indians on average score higher than other nation in GRE and GMAT.
Their education system is such that the poor and rich get the same quality education.
For some reason idians are ranked amoung one the highest scholarship winners in the US and European countries
They have reached the boom in outsourcing and Pakistan is just starting.
Not once they had the Martial Law
Though they have a lot of shortcommings but chances to eradicate them seem to be more bright in India than in Pakistan.
They get the smuggled rocks from Pakistan polish them process them and sell then in international market as 'gems'. With more than 300-500% value addition.
Its a country with a Hindu religion. So, for them, it might not be a difference if the kill the Muslims in Gujrat or not becuase it might not be against thier religion. Besides the religion that they follow has nothing to do with the way of living and normal life chores.
Where as we have the most perfect way of living our lives told to us by Allah (swt) still we are behind india if you read the stats of KPIs.

<br />and us Pakistanis ! if we don't respect us, no one repects us.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Dont you think we need reason to respect ourselfs. I mean if non Muslims are rapping our Muslim sisters in gujrat/kashmir and other places around the world. Dont you think same is dont by our "Muslim" influencial people in various places around the country. Did you know that a 6 year old girl was rapped in a small village of Pakistan. She was going to her school and some animal picked him up from the way and god knows did what to her. When she went home in the cloths which were soaked in blook. Imagine the agnoy his family must have gone through.
Did you know that a shop keeper was told by the 'fortune teller' that if you want to hit a 10 million bond you'd have to bring the blood of a child. The shop keeper killed on the the child in the neighbourhood to acually win 10 million.
Did you knwo that almost half of the young gneration drinks and has sex before their mirrage. Yet they claim to be Muslims
Did you know that many 'broad minded' rich peoples' children cant even read the Quran properly, let alone understanding and implementing.
Did you know that in Pakistan there are two standards of education/law/health facilities and huge list follows. One for poor and one for the rich.
Did you knwo that the disparity, is increasing day by day.
Did you know that our country has one of the highest birth mortalities and one of the lowes HDI.

If I was given a chance to change my nationality/status or if I was ever asked to work abroad I'd never do it. I think if stay with this nation I'd have much more valuable reasons to live than to anywhere else in the world.

But if we criticise our country it is not beucase we admire others and dislike our nation. At least I do it becuase I understand that we ahve smart brians all the resources and a perfect religion to follow. I feel bad that we lag behind. I criticise beucase I feel and see that changes would bring miricals but our nation has slumbered, intoxicated by the western life style.

Why then stop me from not changing the state of nation?
Ehson,

Agree with you on Iran and Arabs,.

Chinese, yes they are going to be the next super power and perhaps fight the rest of the western world for oil in the Gulf,. that must give them a right to be proud,.. but they were proud of themselves when the 1949 revolution came in,. this is just adding to your piece.

Indians.. hmm well, my dear they do have some nice figures coming up.. and I see the way you see them. just proves the point how effective their propoganda is,.. that is exactly my point they stand behind each other rank and file and no matter will never be as pathetic as we become of our country. India is not just about Hindus,, Hindus ..the non shceduled type are just around 40% of the total population, the balance are scheduled castes, the untouchables, muslims, christians and sikhs. Those who are most disadvantaged are the scheduled castes and Muslims (don't mention Sharukh Khan or Amir khan, that does not count in any manner). You talk about Elite Pakistani children not knowing or being able to read the Quran,.. do you know that a majority of Muslims in India do not know how to read the Arabic script,. simply because post independence all schools systematically took urdu or Islamic studies off. The only MUSLIMS who can actually read are the one's in UP and Bihar,, simply because they get URDU as a subject.
They are bound to hold the most scholarships in the West due to the following reasons

-They have the potential of churning out the largest number of Graduates who can read English,
-The have never been banned by any western country, say in nuclear physics, space science, etc.
-GMAT, GRE whatever, I bet if we were close to a billion people , we had higher scores number wise.
-its easier to get into a Masters programme because their Bachelors program is 4 years compared to our 2 years.. so make nothing special on that.

You my friend are too impressed on the Indian education system, an Indain Chartered Accountant from a smaller city can barely speak English, would start on a salary of IRs 5,000 compared to an Indian CA from a Big 4 in one of the 4 metropols at a IRS. 40,000. How does that compare to CA's back home in Pakistan.

As a matter of fact its not just India, students from South Asia score higher on GMAT, GRE and USMLE etc.

Yeah they had the good fortune of not having to have gone through any military rules, and the lame and dumb democracy they do have does stagger on, not forgetting the Kashmirs, Gujrats, Nagalands, Asams, Khalistans, and so forth.

With almost a population equal to that of China, and the highest number of graduates in the world, and industrial base that is 300 years old, they are barely doing half as well when compared to China.

The first Passenger Bus rolled out of the Leyland factories in Gujrat 150 years ago, and the 2005 Ashok Leyland is just not your Bedford... get my point, they must have done this well 25 years ago,.. they missed the bus by 25 years. I am not impressed. I'll be impressed with India when her teeming millions do not work on a pathetic dog's pay in Dubai, Saudi, Oman or wherever.

You are impressed by the genious of Indians, let me tell you, we are better than them in every field. Indians are the lowest paid workers in every country they go to ! Don't even get me started on that !

All those things you put forward about Pakistan are true, unfortunately that is also happening every where else,. In India, in the UK, in US. Pick up a paper here in the UK and that is all you will read. That does not make it some thing not to be worried about. We should in all our effort stand up to it and call spade a spade, we need to be critical, we need to question, we need to change mind sets, we need to have more freedom, we need to educate people, we need to have justice, we need access to clean water, we need a lot of things.

That in itself does not give us the right to blacken our own face and ride the proverbial donkey, that will just draw village kids pelting you with stones and rotten eggs.

When two brothers fight in a house they don't go out in the street and spit on their own home !, they don't say they are ashamed to be a resident of that place. They put things together among themselves, they clean out the dirt ! not bring it in more.

We need to be Proud to be Pakistanis, that is what we need to do !
[8]

---------------------------------------------------------------<font face="Courier New"><font size="1"><b>
Y is the WorLd so full of ..........FOOLs ?????? n y am I one of them (
[Wink]</font id="size1"></b></font id="Courier New">
Your home may not be as good as your neiboughrs but it is YOUR home. You may not like some of your family members but it is YOUR family.

It is not at all abnormal to get angry over the issues you cant control in your house. You may shout, you may scream, you may move to a different place for sometime but it will not change anything.

With the passage of time you would realise that the new place has got its own problems, it is not exactly what you thought. You will feel isolated and unwelcomed then you will realise that it is you who could sort out the problems at home. Before it is too late go HOME, as it is and will always be yours.

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
Pakistani Government; it's not flawed, we are.
In today's parlance, "Don't hate the playa, hate the game"

Government is Not flawed, nor are the people serving in the House, the Senate .

Look out on the street, to your friends, your neighbors, the guy driving his car, the mother in her minivan. Therein you will find the fault with Pakistani Government.

We the People means something that most have forgotten, too caught up in thier daily lives, people vote what they are told if they vote at all, many take the anger they have for the problems they see and direct it at the "leaders" in Govenment, forgetting THEY are the leaders.

I don't blame the players, I blame those in control of the game, who gave power to people that don't respect it, and I despise the miserable lot that is called "the public"

In this day and age of information, perhaps the truth will come back to the masses, and they will realise the power to fix things is in thier hands. A quiet revolution of ideal will replace the career politicans with those who listen to the people instead of the special interest, who have been there working 9 to 5, week in and week out.

When that day comes, Islamabad will once again be a place that holds a meaning other then dismay. Until you all realize this, nothing will change, and your anger will be forever wasted in well intended but misguided attempt to actualize the Truth.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>The Only True Wisdom Is In Knowing You Know Nothing </b> <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Anusha</i>
<br />It has been written ,that once our Prophet Hazrat Muhammad(p.b.u.h)said,"I feel a very pleasant air coming from that direction".(pointing in the, direction where our country is present)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thankyou for adding to my information. But even suppose the narration you quoted above is true then there is a peice of land known as Afghanistan, Muhammad (s) might be pointing towards that. And when you quote Muhammad (s) think very carefully and please give the refference. As I know of hadith which says
Narrated Ali<b><font size="2"><font size="1">[ Volume1 Book 3(Knowledge) Number 106]</font id="size1"></font id="size2"></b>
The Prophet said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me then he will surely enter the hell-fire."
As a Muslim I'd recomend you to find out about the authenticity of the hadith you have quoted above and incase you fail to do so, kindly remove the hadith. May Allah(swt) has mercy on you.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Anusha</i>
<br />So why we r now ashamed of ourselves.
Only few ppl r being ashamed of themselves.And it is their fault.Pakistan and also the ppl of this country r great.But if few r ashamed of themselves,we cannt say that everyone is ashamed .
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Did you know about the professor PhD from MIT, who came back to serve his nation, he once wrote an article stating the name of an Army person who has a fake PhD. You know what the govt. did to that person? For what? speaking the truth may be.
<br />Chinese, yes they are going to be the next super power and perhaps fight the rest of the western world for oil in the Gulf,. that must give them a right to be proud,.. but they were proud of themselves when the 1949 revolution came in,. this is just adding to your piece.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">And are you sure that 1949s revolution made everyone proud. I'd a english teacher (may Allah (swt) give her good life in this world and a good life hereafter). At the time of the revolution she was in China. She has met those people and she might be lying to us by she has told that most of the people were unhappy. So coming back to your point they didnt use to talk bad about their country/rulers becuase they feared that they would be killed not because they didnt want to. If you want to stop the people in that manner it sure would help. After all you want to hear is the praises.

<br />Indians.. hmm well, my dear they do have some nice figures coming up.. and I see the way you see them. just proves the point how effective their propoganda is,.. that is exactly my point they stand behind each other rank and file and no matter will never be as pathetic as we become of our country. India is not just about Hindus,, Hindus ..the non shceduled type are just around 40% of the total population, the balance are scheduled castes, the untouchables, muslims, christians and sikhs.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">About 80% of the population is Hindu, and 14% is Muslim. Other significant religions include Christians, Sikhs, and Buddhists. There is no state religion. But at the time of partition of the subcontinent what was the basis making two peices of land. If I'm not wrong it was somewhat similar to division on the basis or religion. Majority decides what state would it become.

<br />Those who are most disadvantaged are the scheduled castes and Muslims (don't mention Sharukh Khan or Amir khan, that does not count in any manner). You talk about Elite Pakistani children not knowing or being able to read the Quran,.. do you know that a majority of Muslims in India do not know how to read the Arabic script,. simply because post independence all schools systematically took urdu or Islamic studies off. The only MUSLIMS who can actually read are the one's in UP and Bihar,, simply because they get URDU as a subject.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Honestly speaking I see the Indian Muslim scholars having more impact world wide than the Pakistani Muslim scholars. Zakir Naik would be one name. His foundation would certainly have nothing parrallel to it in Pakistan. Secondly if the Muslims in India cant read the Arabic script I'm not amazed it is becuase of various reasons, to take your reason for the sake of the argument, they didnt have the Urdu and Islamic studies as a subject.
The things which hurts me is that in Pakistan we have all the facilities (if you count urdu and Islamiat as one of them we have that as well) still we have no significance inclination towards Islam. After all it was not India which as Majority of the Muslims it was 'Islamic Repulic of Pakistan'

<br /> They are bound to hold the most scholarships in the West due to the following reasons
-They have the potential of churning out the largest number of Graduates who can read English,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Why isnt your country doing the same?

<br />-The have never been banned by any western country, say in nuclear physics, space science, etc.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I can still tell you student from GIK who left last year to do majors in nuclear physics. And dont forget this is not the only decipline which get scholarships.

<br />-GMAT, GRE whatever, I bet if we were close to a billion people , we had higher scores number wise.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Brother please give some sensible reasons. Singapore has fewer people that the population of Pakistan. Yet on average they are ranked above us in the GMAT/GRE scores. Now dont write in your next post that if we had as fewer candidates as Singapore has we might have been able to achieve the same results.

<br />-its easier to get into a Masters programme because their Bachelors program is 4 years compared to our 2 years.. so make nothing special on that.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I have tought by some of the professor who were part of admission body in various universities of US. Trust me it has nothing to do with 2 years and 4 years. And to be honest I'm taken aback by this reason of yours. I never expected and educated man like yours bring s'thing as lame as this.
Did you know that if you opt for a fast track program in the uni in India or for that matter in LUMS (Pakistan) you can finsih your degree in less than four years. And there are people who have done that and yet able to secure an admission in good universities abroad.
You see brother the cirteria is not the number of years you spend. Its the number of subject you take and the quality of the material tought and the way it is tought. Keep that in mind in futre.

<br />You my friend are too impressed on the Indian education system, an Indain Chartered Accountant from a smaller city can barely speak English, would start on a salary of IRs 5,000 compared to an Indian CA from a Big 4 in one of the 4 metropols at a IRS. 40,000. How does that compare to CA's back home in Pakistan.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Money is not a good measurement tool. Atleast I dont take it as a measurement tool. I used to be a member of the community known as Yellow World. Majority of the members on this website were Asians. You might find it interesting that I met an American on this community who want to do his masters from some university in Ahmadabad. According to him they produced better graduates in Maths that the Harvard did. What is more interesting is the fact that he was admitted to MIT but couldnt secure and admission in that university in Ahmadabad. Atleast I was moved to read this in his thread.

<br />As a matter of fact its not just India, students from South Asia score higher on GMAT, GRE and USMLE etc.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">As a matter of fact Pakistan does not enjoy the status of the high scorers. That is my concern, It doesnt acually matter which country scores how much as far as people of my nation are not able to leave a mark.

<br />Yeah they had the good fortune of not having to have gone through any military rules, and the lame and dumb democracy they do have does stagger on, not forgetting the Kashmirs, Gujrats, Nagalands, Asams, Khalistans, and so forth.

With almost a population equal to that of China, and the highest number of graduates in the world, and industrial base that is 300 years old, they are barely doing half as well when compared to China.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I think you got the wrong Idea from my post. You seem to tell me all the wrongs of India. And honestly speaking it doesnt matter to me. You just raised the point that they dont talk ill of their land and I gave you many reason how they are better than us. If they are not better than lets say China or US or UK, I'm least bothered as it is not my concern. Had I been an Indian it would have been a differnt matter. A
But if you compare the India, Singapore, China, Korea with Pakistan you'd have to admitt that they were not far ahead of us in 47. It is also a fact that we have alot of resources and itellect. But we have not been able to utilize it properly and we lag behind from the countries mentioned above. Why? This is my concern. I seriously dont care if the how the Indians talk about India? How the Korean would talk about Korea? or for that matter and other person of any other nation. I'm simply concernt with the my own home. And my point is if there is s'thing wrong in my home and I close my eyes and start praising it just becuase it is happening in my home it wont do me any good. simple. You didnt need to tell me all those things about India. And I didnt want to get in that dispute.

<br />The first Passenger Bus rolled out of the Leyland factories in Gujrat 150 years ago, and the 2005 Ashok Leyland is just not your Bedford... get my point, they must have done this well 25 years ago,.. they missed the bus by 25 years.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Brother again I'm happy to miss that bus because the Auto Industry in my own country has made a mafia and they are charging more than 200% mark-up. And this Industry has been over protected just becuase some people can get benifited and for thier own benifits they are hurting majority of the people and govt. has her hand in that. I think Pakistan has one of the worst policiies of the Auto Indiusty and yet they are protecting it. That is what matters to me. I'm not concerned iwth the Bus that I was not able to catch in Gujrat.

<br />I am not impressed. I'll be impressed with India when her teeming millions do not work on a pathetic dog's pay in Dubai, Saudi, Oman or wherever.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">They dont need to impress you, neither do I need to defent them. And as said earlier Montery tolls are not a good measurement. Your people do earn more than them but you must be aware of the fact that your people do not enjoy the status which they do.

<br />You are impressed by the genious of Indians, let me tell you, we are better than them in every field. Indians are the lowest paid workers in every country they go to ! Don't even get me started on that !<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">One -and for the third time- how much you earn is not a good way of measuring things. Two I'm not impressed with their with genious. Three my emphasis is that the genious of my country (who I belive are not less than anyone) should be groomed in a proper way. The education system should be such that they become inventor and leader not the followers. And read this interesting article as well http//www.dawn.com/weekly/cowas/20041226.htm
We could have done much better. But we didnt. that is the point and the only difference.

<br />All those things you put forward about Pakistan are true, unfortunately that is also happening every where else,. In India, in the UK, in US. Pick up a paper here in the UK and that is all you will read.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> I remember a very intersting case study of Ritz. When in 70s they brought in the TQM Model of thier own. Their CEO said we are not the market leaders in quality becuase we are good its just becuase rest of the peopole in the industry are not worse than us. And he was the one who changed the concept of TQM.
So as earlier, I'm not concernt about what others do and how they do it. I'm concerned about what we should do.

<br />That does not make it some thing not to be worried about.We should in all our effort stand up to it and call spade a spade, we need to be critical, we need to question, we need to change mind sets, we need to have more freedom, we need to educate people, we need to have justice, we need access to clean water, we need a lot of things.

That in itself does not give us the right to blacken our own face and ride the proverbial donkey, that will just draw village kids pelting you with stones and rotten eggs.

When two brothers fight in a house they don't go out in the street and spit on their own home !, they don't say they are ashamed to be a resident of that place. They put things together among themselves, they clean out the dirt ! not bring it in more.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I asume that country and home are not similar in the sense that whatever happens in your country is like an open book. The media has access to it. But what happens in your house is not an open book even your neighbour doesnt have access to it.
How can we clean our house if we are proud of the state in which it is, brother? My marrian webster gives me 7 meanings of the word pround. I'm sorry to say brother I cant fit a single meaning in here
<b> 1.</b> Feeling pleasurable satisfaction over an act, possession, quality, or relationship by which one measures one's stature or self-worth proud of one's child; proud to serve one's country.
<b>2. </b>Occasioning or being a reason for pride “On January 1, 1900, Americans and Europeans greeted the twentieth century in the proud and certain belief that the next hundred years would make all things possible” (W. Bruce Lincoln).
<b>3.</b> Feeling or showing justifiable self-respect.
<b>4.</b> Filled with or showing excessive self-esteem.
<b>5.</b> Of great dignity; honored a proud name.
<b>6.</b> Majestic; magnificent proud alpine peaks.
<b>7.</b> Spirited. Used of an animal proud steeds.

<br />We need to be Proud to be Pakistanis, that is what we need to do !
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I'm extreemly sorry brother but as I said earlier I cant be satisfied/proud of my country unless I fear that s'thing might happen to my sister or a bullet might ends my brother's life or the fact that a bomb may result in not seeing my parents again. Just becuase they happen to be at a perticular place at a perticular time and thier innocency lead to their death.
You may feel proud of that, but I've my own standards of being proud, once I achieve them I'd be.
After Reading some pages of the topic " Ashamed to be a Pakistani" I, myself, dissapointed to the approach & thinking of some Person. Yaar, In Spite of picking up the Criticism & KHAAMIA, why we are not find ourself some KHOOBIA to get the Country's image. This kind of topic(i.e. Ashamed to be a Paki) may result to defame our Country.

We all are much aware that there is just one Muslim Country, who are much able to move his head all over the world without political hesitation, We can proud ourself that Our country has Atomic Power & thats the reason that Asian countries specially INDIA as wel as European & Eastern countries see PAKISTAN with respectable eyes. What happened in IRAN , IRAQ, Afghanistan ! they are still under pressure but in contrast, Pakistan has so much popular amongst other countries in terms of his Political Perspective, Contractual Relationships, Investment Opportunities, Atomic energy, Stronger Friendships, Policy Matters, etc. etc.

We should always show Patriotism instead of fighting against each other on the issues of pakistan. Pakistan has given a lot, now the time has come to give ourself.

PROUD TO BE A PAKISTANI.

ASIF ALI
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Desert Sleet</i>
<br />We the People means something that most have forgotten, too caught up in thier daily lives, people vote what they are told if they vote at all, many take the anger they have for the problems they see and direct it at the "leaders" in Govenment, forgetting THEY are the leaders.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I agree with you on the point that majority of the people do not use thier rights/power to at least raise a voice for a change. But this again leads us the a major question If we are satisfied of what we are, would we really care to act as 'leaders' and try to bring the change.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Desert Sleet</i>
<br />I don't blame the players, I blame those in control of the game, who gave power to people that don't respect it, and I despise the miserable lot that is called "the public"<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">You see brother, the point is majority of "the public" is uneducated and poor. I mean if a family finally decides put a price tag on a young female in thier family you can very well imagine the selling a vote for Rs. 400-500 would not be a bad idea.
And then there are those in mass who are suppressed by the feudals. I've actually being hosted by feudals and witnessed things myself and I've also heared some stories. You'd not believe the state in which live those who work for feudals. Read My Feudel Lord, if they treat thier wives like this let alone their servants.

<br />In this day and age of information, perhaps the truth will come back to the masses, and they will realise the power to fix things is in thier hands. A quiet revolution of ideal will replace the career politicans with those who listen to the people instead of the special interest, who have been there working 9 to 5, week in and week out.

When that day comes, Islamabad will once again be a place that holds a meaning other then dismay. Until you all realize this, nothing will change, and your anger will be forever wasted in well intended but misguided attempt to actualize the Truth.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">We've gone through this and I believe you agree that lets work to achieve the Caliphate. After that cant be achieved without the masses being involved.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mr. Whappaaaa</i>
<br />After Reading some pages of the topic " Ashamed to be a Pakistani" I, myself, dissapointed to the approach & thinking of some Person. Yaar, In Spite of picking up the Criticism & KHAAMIA, why we are not find ourself some KHOOBIA to get the Country's image. This kind of topic(i.e. Ashamed to be a Paki) may result to defame our Country.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">When weaknesses are more we should try to highlight them and erase them. If instead we highlight the few strengths we have under the cloth we would become socially destructing while while triumphing about our few strenghts.
Secondly if being defamed is so bad then why not remove our weaknesses and not be defamed, rather than enjoying a few strengths that we have.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mr. Whappaaaa</i>
<br />We all are much aware that there is just one Muslim Country, who are much able to move his head all over the world without political hesitation,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">If my Muslim country you mean the Islamic state then I asure you this country can not be classified as an Islamic state. And trust me there alot of "political hesitation" that this country has to survive through.

<br />We can proud ourself that Our country has Atomic Power & thats the reason that Asian countries specially INDIA as wel as European & Eastern countries see PAKISTAN with respectable eyes. What happened in IRAN , IRAQ, Afghanistan ! they are still under pressure but in contrast, Pakistan has so much popular amongst other countries in terms of his Political Perspective, Contractual Relationships, Investment Opportunities, Atomic energy, Stronger Friendships, Policy Matters, etc. etc.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Lets go back to history in the time of Gen. Ayub and Gen Zia Pakistan was "so much popular amongst other countries in terms of 'his' Political Prespective, Contractual Relationships, Investment Opportunities, Atomic Energy (in zia's era), Stronger Friendship, Plicy Matters, etc. etc." Where did it all go in the 90s? Which is considered as a lost decade for Pakistan. You know the pitty is we are being used as pawns and we fell "proud" of that. Pawn is to serve the King, and he has many. When one pawn becoms useless it does not enjoy the status as it used to becuase the King require that pawn no more.

<br />We should always show Patriotism instead of fighting against each other on the issues of pakistan. Pakistan has given a lot, now the time has come to give ourself.
PROUD TO BE A PAKISTANI.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">What about those who have lost their dignity, honor and everything in this county which they used to consider as home. May Allah(swt) not show us that day. But have we been involved in those events the a big question would have been how much "PROUD TO BE A PAKISTANI."
Well ,Mr.Ehson
The sentence i had quoted,is not a Hadith.This is a sentence while our Prophet was having a conversation with His fellows.
And this sentence had been told by my teacher.She had a very good knowledge abt Islam.I dont know the name of book.But i will try to make u know abt this.
Secondly,i know that ppl who tell wrong sayings of our Prophet or verses from HolyQuran willbe thrown in hell.
Thanks for giving me this information.Well,this is atleast the basic and first information given to the children,of class 5th or 6th.U remember now.I am a muslim also and i know this.

Anusha Rafique
<br />Well ,Mr.Ehson
The sentence i had quoted,is not a Hadith.This is a sentence while our Prophet was having a conversation with His fellows.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Well, Dear Miss Anusha, I'm pretty confused to hear the defination which you've given above. I might know slightly more than you on this topic, so if you dont feel disrespected I would like to tell you something. The literal meaning of the word Hadith is "Truth". Muhammad (s) never lied. So everything he said was "Hadith". So there is not anything like "sentence while our Prophet was having a conversation". Incase you didnt know there are alot of occasion where Muhammad(s) was conversating with his companions and described the matters of faith. So they all come under Hadith.

<br />And this sentence had been told by my teacher.She had a very good knowledge abt Islam.I dont know the name of book.But i will try to make u know abt this.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
One reason for religious destruction in Muslims is we believe 'everything' which some one with 'very good knowledge Islam' tells. YOu see, you have to be carefull about passing such things. After all if you die, I dont belive that angles would accept this as an excuse that since you heared it from s'one with 'good islamic knowledge' therefore you told to the people and acted upon it. YOu are responsible for what you do. With all due respect to your teacher supposer she was incorrect, so are you and if you tell it to lets say 10 people and each of them tell to 10 people imagine the number of people who would know about s'thing which Muhammad (s) never said.

<br />Secondly,i know that ppl who tell wrong sayings of our Prophet or verses from HolyQuran willbe thrown in hell.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Still you talk with no fear and pass forward what you have 'heared' from s'one. I'm amazed to see that.

<br />Thanks for giving me this information.Well,this is atleast the basic and first information given to the children,of class 5th or 6th.U remember now.I am a muslim also and i know this.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">For some reason you feel disrespected from my posts. I really appologise if I've hurt you in any manner. I would just say that if are able to find what you have assosiated with Muhammad (s), it would be different matter and if you would not (which I'm sure you wont be able to), then you must be very careful about what has been tought to you in 5th and 6th grade. Afterall, you are a Muslim and Muslim must not assosiate false statement to Muhammad (s)

Anusha Rafique
[/quote]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10