Accountancy Forum
Happy Birthday to My Account - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Meet the members (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Happy Birthday to My Account (/showthread.php?tid=1738)

Happy Birthday to My Account - Apocalypse - 02-27-2005

Today my Account is one Year old,

This site is the only driving factor in the changes in my career.

Exactly one year ago, I had to decide what to do next after A-levels,

I had two or three options like CA,ACCA,CIMA or Actuarial Sciences, but here I got very good guidance especially from derivative trader, farazthegreat and sumaan and landed in the field of Actuarial Sciences.

I give all my good hopes and I try to focus my best to make this site an ideal place for career judgement.

Thanks again www.accountancy.com.pk

- farazthegreat - 02-28-2005

Happy Birthday !!!!!
Remeber me when you become a millionaire

---------------------------------------------------------
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

- derivativetrader - 02-28-2005

Fahad - Likewise it's been my pleasure. How's your BSc. going? Has KU got any feedbacks from IOA/SOA/CAS?

Good Luck!

DT

- Apocalypse - 02-28-2005

KU has a BS programme, not a BSc.

As for the feedbacks, our department chairman says that his first priority is to hire a good faculty, and with sucess two Fellows(SOA) are teaaching us.

He has promised to contact SOA/IOA next year

- derivativetrader - 02-28-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Apocalypse</i>
<br />KU has a BS programme, not a BSc.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Is there any difference between BS and BSc.? I think both are Bachelors in Science - don't they? But former is used in US and latter in UK?

And, thanks for updating me on the other question.

DT

- Apocalypse - 03-03-2005

In Karachi University BSc is 3 years and BS is 4 years

- khurram_jamal - 05-09-2005

[0]HAPPY BIRTHDAY[D][^][V][(!][(][B)][p][)][(]

YAR TELL ME A THING WHY ADMIN CHANGES MY PASSWARD EVERDAY

WHATS PROBLEM AS HE HAD ALREADY DO WITH MY ACCOUNT (khurram_shahid)

I IS REALLY AMAZING THAT HOW YOU COMPLETED THIS DURATION SAME AS [D]4 YEARS ARTICLESHIP[D]

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

KHURRAM JAMAL KHAN (MBA)(CA-Module-C)

- Apocalypse - 05-10-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">YAR TELL ME A THING WHY ADMIN CHANGES MY PASSWARD EVERDAY

WHATS PROBLEM AS HE HAD ALREADY DO WITH MY ACCOUNT (khurram_shahid)

for this i have no hint.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I IS REALLY AMAZING THAT HOW YOU COMPLETED THIS DURATION SAME AS 4 YEARS ARTICLESHIP<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Please Explain this statement in simpler words

- khurram_jamal - 05-11-2005

Its Simply yar that How difficult is Your 4-Years Articleship during which you also have to qualify CA-Inter. This is really a difficult period. Same i told them that the ADMIN[Wink] changed passward of my ID and i cannot retereived it.

So its really amazing thing that he had completed 0ne year[p]

- Apocalypse - 05-16-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khurram_jamal</i>
<br />Its Simply yar that How difficult is Your 4-Years Articleship during which you also have to qualify CA-Inter. This is really a difficult period. Same i told them that the ADMIN[Wink] changed passward of my ID and i cannot retereived it.

So its really amazing thing that he had completed 0ne year[p]

If you read my posts more sensibly, then you might understand that I am NOT related to CA or Articles, I just mentioned about BS in Actuarial Science.[)][)]

- Pracs - 05-18-2005

Dont worry appo .. he does it to evey body... kind of hilarious isn't it ??

- khurram_afzal - 05-24-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Dont worry appo .. he does it to evey body... kind of hilarious isn't it ??<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

PRAC TO IS MEEN AP KO TAKLEEF DANAY WALI KIA CHEEZE HAY MARAY BHAI[p]

- Desert Sleet - 05-25-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khurram_afzal</i>

I've found most of the problem posts come from new members. Members tend to adapt to environment (or, they find it uncomfortable and leave). People do adapt their manner of expression to their environs. In the same way one might express oneself differently, say, in a sports bar at the halftime of Monday Night Football vs. intermission at the ballet, one usually adapts to the tone of written conversation. In a thread composed of articulate posts, a member with any social skills at all is unlikely to reply with "u r gr8".

Mr Khurram why dont you follow the posting guidelines. I hope you can very well become a good and a objective poster in this community.

- Pracs - 05-25-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khurram_afzal</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Dont worry appo .. he does it to evey body... kind of hilarious isn't it ??<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes Khurram doesn't make much of a difference to me, I can live with you going around the forum and posting at time unmeaningful posts after half reading/not reading other people's posts. The whole point is that I'd like not to see you ridiculed by me or any body one for that matter.

These forums exist for the purpose of reading , opining and perhaps learning something out of all this.

Or perhaps there are other grander scheme of things which I fail to understand, care to let us in your secret?

Save us all the trouble