Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ACCA vs CA
12-22-2005, 11:15 PM,
 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by radil</i>
<br />Hi Muqtader, Zaidi & Sumaan,Well, its always funny to find my fellow Pakistanis trying to judge how <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I'd like to share this, if you may. "Moving into the night, alert to each crinkle that might ruin the serenity, wide awake and alert to startled motion, I can see a light in the end of this omni-tunnel. Warm, Passionate and cosy, this light is eternal and protecting, I shall bath in this light and forever be sacred and safe". What do you guys think?





[url="http//prepaidatm-online-casinos-major.vnax.com"]online casinos signup bonus[/url] - [url="http//www.party-poker-bonus-codes.v-747.com"]paypal partypoker
[/url]
Reply
01-02-2006, 02:39 PM,
 
Your know how of your work counts much more than a paper of degree only as most of doctors have in our country.

<b>ACCA Students Website</b> ==> www.accaforums.com
<b>CPA Students Website</b> ==> www.cpaforums.com
<b>Helping Websites</b> ==> www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3134
Reply
01-17-2006, 08:28 AM,
 
Bhai the fact is that... CA ka checking criteria hai woo PANGA hai.... FRESH CA k paas COpy check honay jaati hai.. Jino nay 5 saal pehlay woo subject parha hota hai.. And its a fact... CA waalay Paas nahi kertay Buss..... Jabhi Value hai aur koi baat he nahi hai warna.....Ca ki studies Koi HARD nahi hai.. ACCA ki studies bahut Advance hain... Even Pakistan ka Law he wohi 50+ yrs waala hai Change he nahi hua hai... Aap AACA aur CA ka comparision nahi karoo..Bachoon Waali batain koi naa karay FACTS ki baat karoo...kia yaar...
Reply
01-20-2006, 04:06 PM,
 
Asalamoalaikum to all of you.My name is haris...i am from mardan and my age is 18....i read all the debate on whether opting for ca or acca...and up to now ca seem to win...Well....like all the young ppl of pakistan i am also confused abt what to do ....abt a month ago i was abt to take admission in ca but than i heard abt acca and before reading this debate i was certain to join acca....but now when i read the posts in this topic....i am actually very confused....Can
Can somebody answer me what should i do Ca or ACCA?????.....Let me know...Somebody says acca is just a branch of ca...May be its right....and some say ACCA got no future in pakistan and i will be left jobless....which i dont want coz we study to have a good job...this is a reality....?????/Can somebody gimme a simple answer which could help me in deciding what shiould i choose....do know that before reading all this debate i was sure to join ACCA!!should i continue thinking like that or change it.....With best wishes....kepp smiling all of you....And looking for ur nice replies

haris
Reply
01-21-2006, 01:54 AM,
 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by harris_ca_or_acca</i>
<br />Asalamoalaikum to all of you.My name is haris...i am from mardan and my age is 18....i read all the debate on whether opting for ca or acca...and up to now ca seem to win...Well....like all the young ppl of pakistan i am also confused abt what to do ....abt a month ago i was abt to take admission in ca but than i heard abt acca and before reading this debate i was certain to join acca....but now when i read the posts in this topic....i am actually very confused....Can
Can somebody answer me what should i do Ca or ACCA?????.....Let me know...Somebody says acca is just a branch of ca...May be its right....and some say ACCA got no future in pakistan and i will be left jobless....which i dont want coz we study to have a good job...this is a reality....?????/Can somebody gimme a simple answer which could help me in deciding what shiould i choose....do know that before reading all this debate i was sure to join ACCA!!should i continue thinking like that or change it.....With best wishes....kepp smiling all of you....And looking for ur nice replies

haris
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">


Walaikum Assalaam Harris

Did you really read 285 posts?
Please read posts from Pracs, Goodman, Desert Sleet, Sam, Derivative Trader as they make sense when they write something. Their arguments are mostly based on sound rationale.

Regards

Azeem



"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
Reply
01-23-2006, 01:22 AM,
 
AoA to all.
I'm a new member here. I'm CAT graduate and doing ACCA Part 3 Optional.
I'd certainly like to have some discussion with 'Nascar'. I agree that getting personal is against ethics and professionals should avoid that. I don't know who got personal and who didn't. I'm just endorsing 'Nascar's' argument.
Well Mr. Nascar!
Its a very easy thing to think that org do prefer those qualifications which can give them best out whats possible. An ACA (PK) and ACCA (UK) are different on the grounds that ACA knows the local laws and tax regulations whereas ACCA's have studied UK's laws and tax regulations. Secondly ACA holds Chartered Accountant designation where as ACCA doesn't. I must say its more than pathetic to compare two qualification and i don't find any good reason that why an ACA working in Big 4 wasting time on such comparisons and writing LONG text to prove ACA at upper level in Pakistani Market. In my opinion market comparisons are out of question. There's nothing to be proud of while comparing with ACCA in terms of market.
By the way onething i'd like to say. If ICAP is so much high class as compared to ACCA in terms of education then why do we see CICA treating ACA (PK) and ACCA (UK) at same level. I don't even see the name of ACA(PK) on the website of ICAA when it comes to assessment of overseas bodies. ACCA is there.
If you talk of ICAP then it exempts ACCA's STUDENTS who have just passed exams from 1yr training and Mod A-D. ACCA also requires ACA (PK) to start from Paper 2.5.
If you talk of ICAEW then kindly go thru the exemptions and credits available to ACCA and compare it with available to ACA (PK). This is the real comparison.
Job in corner shops and beauty saloons? Kindly pick up the magazine of ACCA and find jobs on last page. It'd answer your all queries and ambiguities.
So this is what is happening worldwide.
As far as ICAP qualification is concerned its all based on "RATTA" where as ACCA's exams are based on concepts. I feel sorry coz you guyz even have to do RATTA for complete Tax Law. oh. Our beloved ACCA prints that all on front pages as it is only concerned with the concept of sutdent.
Please try to be a professional. I'm very much disappointed upon seeing such a childish way to prove oneself superior. In Pakistan ACA would definitly be getting good job and salary. No doubt about that. Same is for ACCA but it'd take some time to establish. Kindly also go through the accreditations given to organistaions here.
I hope not to see such arguments in future.
Best Regards,
Wakar Ahmad.
Reply
01-23-2006, 01:33 AM,
 
Well i'm sorry. As i'm a new member here i was not well aware of the layout of this site. I was reading page 7 and reply of Nascar which was posted on 8 Aug 04. LOL. I'm sorry for that. I beg pardon.
@muqtader
Well i guess CA's would keep dominating untill ICAP digs holes for itself. ACCA has just gained some popularity in Pakistan. Look at the number of orgs that are accredited by ACCA. Ofcourse this number would increase with the passage of time.
Our market demands CAs coz they are well equipped with the local regulations and tax culture. Now ACCA has intorduced 2.2 and 2.3 with PKN variant. If they introduce 3.2 with PKN variant (which they'd INSHALLAH) then ACCA would be competing more with CAs in local market.
It's also a big factor that ACA holds Chartered Accountant designation whereas ACCA doesn't hold.
ACCA might take some more years to get more established in Paksitan. Lets give it its time.
Best Regards,
Wakar Ahmad.
Reply
01-23-2006, 08:08 AM,
 
That's all right Wakar, NASCAR's long gone, infact he just rattled on and on from his limited exposure of the world around him and as the heat built on he took of. I guess any one reading this thread does get to understand what are meare ramblings and what is logical reasoning.

Don't get bogged down about what people say, because you know people will say what they want to say. Important thing is hard work pays off, that's the only turth. The rest is all just rambling ! Welcome to the Forum

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah
Reply
01-23-2006, 11:58 PM,
 
Pracs!
Thank you for your response and welcoming me here at this forum.
You're right. I've never bogged down. There are a lot of ppl around me who keep on yelling about ACCA. The only answer i've for 'em is "Get lost from Register of ACCA if you're not staisfied". One must be faithful to what he selects from himself. If anyone's not satisfied then its better to leave.
INSHALLA i'd stay intouch and try to contribute as much as i can.
Best Regards,
Wakar Ahmad.
Reply
01-27-2006, 10:22 PM,
 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wik_a</i>
<br />Pracs!
Thank you for your response and welcoming me here at this forum.
You're right. I've never bogged down. There are a lot of ppl around me who keep on yelling about ACCA. The only answer i've for 'em is "Get lost from Register of ACCA if you're not staisfied". One must be faithful to what he selects from himself. If anyone's not satisfied then its better to leave.
INSHALLA i'd stay intouch and try to contribute as much as i can.
Best Regards,
Wakar Ahmad.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Welcome to the forum Wik.

Yes it isnt good to see students yelling over ACCA, this shows their conviction which eventually results in their failure.

Regards

azeem

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
Reply
01-28-2006, 09:57 PM,
 
Hi Azeem, how are you doing ?

Well the thing is most of the critiques of ACCA are just students still 'wet behind' the ears. Any Professional worth his salt will pretty much know that a qualification is just a degree it is just one of the requisites. What is of prime importance is the kind of skills you acquire and the experience you have. The firm I work for actually the sector I work in Banking and capital markets has staff from around 38 countries !!so we have accountants from around the world!. We have ACCA's with relevant experience who work at a higher level compared to say an australian CA (who's perhaps had some experience working for a small tax firm. Or a Pakistani CA who is had Big4 experience in more than two countries and is better of than a UK experienced ACCA. Or better even a CIA who because of his expertise in IFRS iS quite at par with an ICAEW CA

There may always be bias in any market but that is never 'skin deep' as they say. Market forces are at their best 'intelligent' in their approach towards hiring and retaining professionals and a qualification is one of the many things that they see when hiring.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah
Reply
01-29-2006, 03:56 AM,
 
BY the way what one have to do after acca for getting addmission in icaew. may one get articles easily in UK. and what about the icaew - registered firms in pakistan. as i have seen some of the pak.-firms name in icaew firms directory
AS far as this debate(acca vs ca) is concerned, my opinion is that it is useless to talk over this topic. one should give full attention to his studies,and then trust on god( for the job and etc)
Job,Salary, or post is not a permanent thing and these are the facts which depends on your luck. believe me or not.
one of my relative passed ca and get the experience from A.f.furgsons,and after becoming aca, he had an accident and lost his one eye now just think what happened if he lost the both.....
so one should adopt according to his/her taste and satisfaction, and must be perfect in it NO MATTER ACCA OR CA
Reply
01-30-2006, 12:28 AM,
 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Hi Azeem, how are you doing ?

Well the thing is most of the critiques of ACCA are just students still 'wet behind' the ears. Any Professional worth his salt will pretty much know that a qualification is just a degree it is just one of the requisites. What is of prime importance is the kind of skills you acquire and the experience you have. The firm I work for actually the sector I work in Banking and capital markets has staff from around 38 countries !!so we have accountants from around the world!. We have ACCA's with relevant experience who work at a higher level compared to say an australian CA (who's perhaps had some experience working for a small tax firm. Or a Pakistani CA who is had Big4 experience in more than two countries and is better of than a UK experienced ACCA. Or better even a CIA who because of his expertise in IFRS iS quite at par with an ICAEW CA

There may always be bias in any market but that is never 'skin deep' as they say. Market forces are at their best 'intelligent' in their approach towards hiring and retaining professionals and a qualification is one of the many things that they see when hiring.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I am good bro, how r u? just trying to become regular on this forum, for one reason or the other lose the initiative, same goes with our meeting. I have lost count how many times we have planned it and still we havent met. Are you in contact with DT and Goodman. Havent seen any post from them recently, hope they are all fine too.

Regards


"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
Reply
01-30-2006, 04:36 AM,
 
Yeah it is a forte to get every body agreed on a single venue and time. I did get to meet DT around a month ago. But do look forward to meet the rest of you at some time in the near future )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah
Reply
02-07-2006, 02:42 PM,
 
Situation is getting better for acca in pakistan more and more companies mentioning ACCA in job requirment now it is up to ACCA's to proove thier worth in job market-
BTW i am ACCA affiliate working in karachi, and visist this forum every year atleast )

Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Accountancy | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication