Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Management Accounting
01-01-2011, 06:33 AM,
#76
 
The ignorance that is portrayed is a curse, and it is obvious from foregoing discussion; plus when someone does not try to think at his own and does not apply his mind to probe into a situation on the basis of rationale and facts on ground, it is a disaster which affects the whole professional life. The life that has just taken a first breath.

I wonder if forum rules allow someone to make allegations on renowned persons SIMPLY on the basis of "bala bala said so about a person at bala bala time". If this is a case to be followed then whatever anybody would say about the others should make a basis to put such absurd allegations publicly. Every sane person would agree that this is always untrue and irrational to conclude the things this way.

Allegation should be made if some concrete info is publicly and openly available; and the claimant can prove it solidly and such proof(s) are supported by some verifiable evidence; and without arguing that bala bala said so at bala bala time. Otherwise it is only a yelling and spitting on the sky.

If doing the things that have been done in a couple of posts, i.e. making allegations on Najam Ch. without applying own thought and without making the logical analysis of situation, are called KNOWLEDGE then I should say Alhamdolillah for my IGNORANCE. However, someone should also be warned of the disaster which usually comes the way if such habits and practices are followed in the professional career. It is an advice; earlier the correction is made, the better it is to be.

I have met Najam sb a number of times in professional gatherings but neither I am from AFF nor have any relation with him except of a professional fellow. This allegation was once on-aired by some brainless people but the allegation lost its life sooner being devoid of facts and out-right existence. The analysis of allegation was and is quite easier and anyone who would think on it, after putting the allegation, would face the mirror. It is two plus two equal to four situation. If somebody was powerful enough to even change the policies of a body governed by a huge number of decision makers at the cost of the profession as a whole, why he was not able to get his purpose filled by other means? Was it not quite easier in contrast?

I am still looking forward to be apprised of the so-called powerful positions in the professional or other perspective, so that the genie may come out of the bottle publicly.

I didnot want to mention but may it be necessary to highlight the peculiarity of the fact that a person who was in the circles of profession at the times of Najam Ch. has just qualified his CMA exam in Dec 2010. Is it so? If yes then why? The mindset, vision and approach explain good reasons.

Regards,

Reply
01-05-2011, 05:04 PM,
#77
 
Counting on to be enlightened on so-called Powerful Positions.......

Regards,

Reply
01-05-2011, 05:33 PM,
#78
 

Kamean AcA

Yaar kami bhai aap ki schooling kahaan say hui hay ??? Professional studies tu humain pata hi hain k aap nay kahan say hasil ki. Ibtidai taleem aap nay kahan say hasil ki ) hope so u will share. Darasal mera Beta chaar saal ka hogya hay or main abb usay school main admit karana chatha hun iss liay aaj kal mashwaray kar raha hun.

Regards.
Reply
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM,
#79
 
I worked with Masood Zain when u were still wetting ur pants. the story about najam chaudhry was told by a partner of AFF. i wish i could've disclosed his name. bharhaal u can write ur mantra again and again. i look forward to seeing it again )
as far as reduction in ACCA exemptions that has been done vide directive 1.14 dated 31st December 2010. Let me know ur email, i'll send incase u dont have it)
Reply
01-05-2011, 07:14 PM,
#80
 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nomanchaudhry</i>
<br />I worked with Masood Zain when u were still wetting ur pants. the story about najam chaudhry was told by a partner of AFF. i wish i could've disclosed his name. bharhaal u can write ur mantra again and again. i look forward to seeing it again )
as far as reduction in ACCA exemptions that has been done vide directive 1.14 dated 31st December 2010. Let me know ur email, i'll send incase u dont have it)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">


You are again showing the state that is called “misdirected”. This misdirection has raised a situation where you were in profession 15-20 years back (or even more) but you qualified in December 2010. This is the picture of a person who comments on quality professionals of a country. Allah reham karey aisee haalat par. So, it would be better to analyze what you have missed in your life instead of dirtying the picture of a renowned professional.

I also wonder if you grew without wetting a pant or whatever. May you be among the ones who don’t even need it; as we know there are a number of species surrounded by such circumstances.

Here we are discussing the Powerful Positions which your experience has brought in your knowledge. And this is what we are counting on. So, come to the point now, and don’t find refuge from your own prophecy.

I understand that there may be a case of envisioning the things wrongly. Perhaps the experience of crossing a river is different for a squirrel from the other bigger species and this may be a case that something is being seen by you as Powerful which in fact is not.

Exemptions are a different topic and have already been pondered upon in depth at various threads. These are always subject to reviews and revisions. In essence, a qualification has to survive at its own instead of looking at the exemptions and this is the basic rule before going for MRAs and MOUs which are the next stage.

Regards,

Reply
01-18-2011, 06:49 PM,
#81
 

I am visiting this forum after long break and found some very interesting comments. The battle between reasoning and perception is always interesting.

Just wanted to share some statistics;

36% students were able to pass CIMA gateway exam! what a shame considering the fact that CPGA is attempted by qualified members of ICMAP & ICWAI.

A group of 20 qualified Karachi based members attempted CIMA strategic level exam after studying for 3 months from very famous local institute. The result is only one member was able to pass Performance Strategy rest failed in all three papers.

Is CIMA really selling its qualification?


CIMA is not ACCA so better take it seriously


Regards

MRS


<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nomanchaudhry</i>
<br />Yes bulk sale is in full swing. U can c the hoarding on main shahrea faisal, near FTC, if u live in Karachi )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Reply
01-19-2011, 04:13 PM,
#82
 
Yes I totally agree with MRS.CImA is much tougher than Icmap as I have also done Icmap stage 2 before joining CImA so I have little Experience about it.There was a paper of stage 3 of Icmap which my friends called very tough but when I compared it with my Paper of same course (as the course of Icmap was copy paste of CImA) it was very easy from CImA's Paper.In Icmap Papers aren't tough at all ,its passing policy that makes it tough (some call it quota or its not on merit or whatever).

The moral of the story is that CImA is not easy at all.

Regards
Reply
01-19-2011, 05:45 PM,
#83
 
It is usually said that CIMA is easier than ICMA. Many students of ICMA leave ICMA and take admission in CIMA Mr. Shamsi is the example of this group of students. At the forum of Pakistani students at website of CIMA Global I read the remarks of a CIMA student that in Pakistan only some people know about CIMA the said student narrated that at Pakistan State Oil no one knows about CIMA.
Now five exemptions are offered by CIMA to B.Com pass students of Punjab and Karachi Universities this step is being criticized by various accounting bodies and professionals. Some people say that its not a way to capture emerging education market of the country. If it is the matter why 11 exemptions are also offered to M.B.A's of the above universities and the students of other universities are also allowed to an opportunity to get 11 exemptions by simply sitting in an exam.
CIMA offering 11 exemption to qualified students of ICMAP and offering same number of exemptions to M.B.A its a big contradiction.

After the steps of CIMA to capture huge market share by offering LOOT SALE of exemptions, I think ICMAP should review the MOU with CIMA.
Reply
01-19-2011, 06:40 PM,
#84
 
Dear Awais
For your kind information I didn't joined CImA because its easy rather I knew at the time of joining CImA that its difficult than ICMAP and joined it mainly because ICMAP has no value Abroad & ICMAP has very little value in market here as compared to time it takes to clear.

By the way CImA is not offering 11 exemptions to MBA or ICMAP directly to get these exemptions one have to clear Professional Gateway paper and that's Hell of a job, If CImA wanted to give loot of exemptions it would have cleared all the members of ICMAP that have attempted that exam last November (As mentioned by above poster MRS) so, more and more ICMAP members come and join CImA.

Well Awais you ask ICMAP to review MOU with CImA, I think you are joking when MOU b/w ICMAP & CImA was signed members of ICMAP administration were giving congratulations to everyone that we have achieved what we desired so badly for a long time.



Reply
01-19-2011, 07:10 PM,
#85
 

Well there is always a situation of conflict between perception and facts. Speak in numbers my dear. Please come up with pass percentage of Pakistani students attempting CIMA v/s Pakistani students attempting ICMAP and you will get the answer.

CIMA is not granting loot sale exemptions as mentioned on this forum they have arranged a gateway examination and whether it is MBA, ACMA or ACCA they have to pass this gateway to qualify for exemptions. I have already told you that only 36% students passed this gateway exam so one can safely conclude that CIMA is looking for quality students and offering them generous exemptions they have a filtering mechanism at each level. The strategic level students got the feel about the CIMA exams, I had studied with a group in coaching centre but was not able to sit for exams due to personal reasons, even if I had appeared then the result wouldn’t have been different from others.

Rest assured CIMA qualified will be a quality product.

On the different note I will agree with Mr. Awais that there is a negative side of this MOU and in long run the market of ICMAP will be restricted to those students which are not able to pay large fees to foreign institutes. But that’s the way it is…


<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />It is usually said that CIMA is easier than ICMA. Many students of ICMA leave ICMA and take admission in CIMA Mr. Shamsi is the example of this group of students. At the forum of Pakistani students at website of CIMA Global I read the remarks of a CIMA student that in Pakistan only some people know about CIMA the said student narrated that at Pakistan State Oil no one knows about CIMA.
Now five exemptions are offered by CIMA to B.Com pass students of Punjab and Karachi Universities this step is being criticized by various accounting bodies and professionals. Some people say that its not a way to capture emerging education market of the country. If it is the matter why 11 exemptions are also offered to M.B.A's of the above universities and the students of other universities are also allowed to an opportunity to get 11 exemptions by simply sitting in an exam.
CIMA offering 11 exemption to qualified students of ICMAP and offering same number of exemptions to M.B.A its a big contradiction.

After the steps of CIMA to capture huge market share by offering LOOT SALE of exemptions, I think ICMAP should review the MOU with CIMA.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Reply
01-20-2011, 04:12 AM,
#86
 

I have met some CIMAs in my professional life and found them well versed, professional and practical. Here, from CIMA I mean CIMA qualified members.

.....{This is necessary to be explained because we observe a habit that the person who takes admission in any such professional qualification starts tagging the qualification with his name. This is so unfortunate; we still need time to learn how to behave}.....

As far as lesser rate of CIMA qualification by ACMAs is concerned; I personally believe that this situation is "usually" caused by a failure of developing priority and interest for a task which our fellows wish to achieve. This MAY not be on account of quality issues. People wish and tend to get additional qualification and jump into it without developing due interest level. The results are simply disasterous. Yet, the results may not affect the affectees as they are already qualified and settled.

Here I see lack of focus, planning, interest instead of lack of quality.

My one or two cents )


Regards,

Reply
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM,
#87
 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
<br />
Well there is always a situation of conflict between perception and facts. Speak in numbers my dear. Please come up with pass percentage of Pakistani students attempting CIMA v/s Pakistani students attempting ICMAP and you will get the answer.

CIMA is not granting loot sale exemptions as mentioned on this forum they have arranged a gateway examination and whether it is MBA, ACMA or ACCA they have to pass this gateway to qualify for exemptions. I have already told you that only 36% students passed this gateway exam so one can safely conclude that CIMA is looking for quality students and offering them generous exemptions they have a filtering mechanism at each level. The strategic level students got the feel about the CIMA exams, I had studied with a group in coaching centre but was not able to sit for exams due to personal reasons, even if I had appeared then the result wouldn’t have been different from others.

Rest assured CIMA qualified will be a quality product.

On the different note I will agree with Mr. Awais that there is a negative side of this MOU and in long run the market of ICMAP will be restricted to those students which are not able to pay large fees to foreign institutes. But that’s the way it is…


<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />It is usually said that CIMA is easier than ICMA. Many students of ICMA leave ICMA and take admission in CIMA Mr. Shamsi is the example of this group of students. At the forum of Pakistani students at website of CIMA Global I read the remarks of a CIMA student that in Pakistan only some people know about CIMA the said student narrated that at Pakistan State Oil no one knows about CIMA.
Now five exemptions are offered by CIMA to B.Com pass students of Punjab and Karachi Universities this step is being criticized by various accounting bodies and professionals. Some people say that its not a way to capture emerging education market of the country. If it is the matter why 11 exemptions are also offered to M.B.A's of the above universities and the students of other universities are also allowed to an opportunity to get 11 exemptions by simply sitting in an exam.
CIMA offering 11 exemption to qualified students of ICMAP and offering same number of exemptions to M.B.A its a big contradiction.

After the steps of CIMA to capture huge market share by offering LOOT SALE of exemptions, I think ICMAP should review the MOU with CIMA.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Rizwan

It is plesant for me to see you after a long time.
You have mentioned that the result of CIMA Gateway exam was 36%. I think its not so bad result from the point of view of bodies of professional accountants, rather I will say that it is good result.

B.A/B.Sc result of Punjab University remains below 30%.

Reply
08-02-2011, 09:24 PM,
#88
 
Finding the best Accountants throughout Leeds may also be a participating yet nearly all rewarding task exactly like looking for almost any other competent personnel for virtually any organization.

http//yorkshireaccountancy.co.uk/
Reply
08-08-2011, 01:39 AM,
#89
 
Salam!

Can any one explain that how can Working Capital inflated being the time in respect to long term investment decision???

Regards

Umar
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Accountancy | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication