Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA myths and misconceptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />ACCAite

Brother, no one is proving him "bara (big)" here; rather the thread has taken the direction where some explanation was necessary due to the nature and style of your query. The way you made a “big point” was requiring the “answer” that you read. Iss main bara honay waali koi baat nahi. I have already told that it would be better if controversies are avoided.

You were quite worried about non-recognition of "your" ACCA books while these were "unjustifiably" used by others; To calm you down I simply acknowledged the worth that you were interested in.

Since the thing in focus is ACCA's local market capacity (and not of its books etc), so you were also told that no correlation exists of what you want to pin-point. Now, if you were already knowing the answer then it is amazing to see your objection out-rightly. Yet, you are a worthy member and have all the rights of posting whatever you like.

It's really good to know your achievements; and again your question about corporate reporting is such that requires similar answer but I know you will again feel it personalized. So, leave it. Dard has given you some answer with which you have fullest right to dissent.

I "wish" not to post further on this thread provided no need arises; I also know people normally like listening what sounds good to ears, so, I place on record that "ACCA is one of the premier qualifications and has all the future in Pakistan's economy, and is nearly to equate or outweigh all of its competitors. It has best curriculum, best books, best training opportunities and eventually every one who is an ACCA is the best professional and ends up in the premier jobs and key positions all over the country. It is most flexible and is also equal to or better than all other international designations. It is not a gateway or shortcut to other designations (as some people feel), rather, at its own is a core designation. It provides brighter future to its people without switching over for making any improvement.

I guess it may work and people may be feeling calmed down with a bit of satisfaction (although I know it is difficult). Let's see the future and hope for the best.

Dard,

Best of luck for your probable "practice" at U.K. but please make out a feasibility and investment appraisal before you put in the funds and efforts. You can also plan to establish such practice in many countries of the world where ACCA is recognized e.g. --------- chalo leave this controvercy.

By the way U.K. is normally taken to be a place (along with UAE) where ACCA does work.

I wish every one a bright, happier and contended future career.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Just two things

1) I was never worried about the recognition of our books, thats the least of the concerns....i have no idea how your coming up with such things.

2) Kinda enjoyed your post... i can tell you digged my sarcasm and decided to jump on the bangwagon and hence...your last post. All in good fun, no bad feelings.

There s many more things i wanted to say but you ve been good too at times so for that...i bury it here.

tc

ACCAite

Not to be focused on what is going on; what do you mean by saying "but you have been good too at times" in your following line

.............."There s many more things i wanted to say but you ve been good too at times so for that...i bury it here."............

I am just enjoying the stress on "have been good too".

Dear, you (and your likes) all are my brothers and I have no enemity with any of you or with his objectives or choices. We come here to share our views and as a process "like" is replied by the "like" how-ever we tend to keep the words sweetned. This we can say being done by all members at all threads, so I may also be incorrect at times due to human error factor. I also believe you or any body else may not be an exception as well.

I at very first post on this thread (directed to you) said "To avoid controvercies, let me simply sign off from this topic"; however, it again took a few posts to end up. Why I wish to sign off, is because no one learns unless he/she has faced or experienced and there is probably no use of telling the general body about what is what.

I know every one is rewarded by the nature in accordance with the inputs he/she makes; and I believe there is a time when people eventually find the turth. The ones who never get to know the truth may also be called the lucky people since they don't even realize the impact.

I hope you will enjoy this post as well that (like earlier ones) is also not meant to hurt sentiments that are already affected by some internal cynicism. I hope you will be a fine person at the job you will be entrusted; so keep a high drive and spirit.

I would repeat, all world is yours!

Regards,

KAMRAN.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />
ACCAite

Not to be focused on what is going on; what do you mean by saying "but you have been good too at times" in your following line

.............."There s many more things i wanted to say but you ve been good too at times so for that...i bury it here."............

I am just enjoying the stress on "have been good too".

Dear, you (and your likes) all are my brothers and I have no enemity with any of you or with his objectives or choices. We come here to share our views and as a process "like" is replied by the "like" how-ever we tend to keep the words sweetned. This we can say being done by all members at all threads, so I may also be incorrect at times due to human error factor. I also believe you or any body else may not be an exception as well.

I at very first post on this thread (directed to you) said "To avoid controvercies, let me simply sign off from this topic"; however, it again took a few posts to end up. Why I wish to sign off, is because no one learns unless he/she has faced or experienced and there is probably no use of telling the general body about what is what.

I know every one is rewarded by the nature in accordance with the inputs he/she makes; and I believe there is a time when people eventually find the turth. The ones who never get to know the truth may also be called the lucky people since they don't even realize the impact.

I hope you will enjoy this post as well that (like earlier ones) is also not meant to hurt sentiments that are already affected by some internal cynicism. I hope you will be a fine person at the job you will be entrusted; so keep a high drive and spirit.

I would repeat, all world is yours!

Regards,

KAMRAN.

Kamran Saahab,

from that i meant you gave me good advice when i asked and didnt discourage me when i asked you things in email.

So fom earlier, i didnt just mean posts on forums but the emails too.
There have been posts from you Sir that kinda ticked me off and i pointed them out earlier but otherwise its all good. We are all different with different views and abilities. At the end of the day, it will all work out for everyone by the blessing of ALLAH SWT, for some in this world for the rest hereafter or both.

I know this is going to sound rather childish but ACCA is not my child, if in the future i think i need to do something else, depending on how things shape up in the future, i will do something, i am not fanatical about it. Though, i am sure everyone would agree you develop this bond, a strong one with the studies or career your pursuing.

All the best to you, Sir!

ACCAite

To my best knwoledge and belief I as a habit don't express a view affected by any personal biase, even if it exists somewhere or people feel it exists.

In case where some one asks for an advice I also take due care. However, neither I tend to be biased on the forum nor do I transform as such on e-mails.

I told you that whatever we do or endeavor cannot make the people understand since people like learning from their own experience and after having faced severity of life. Poors like me feel that they are doing something for common well being byletting the masses know what obstacles and impediments they may be facing in coming days due to incorrect decision or misconception or due to some affected thought developed by giving much ear to irrelavant and incorrect dreamy stuff.

I accept it is only a poor effort since no one learns unless his tounge burns with the decieving gliter of hot red coal.

That's why I said let this topic remain un-explored; and that's why I call attention that decision is in the hands of future and this very future is not far sited. Every one will be given the result in his right hand by the destiny. I hope we are here and if God will desire, will be here to find what comes out.

I really appreciate the people like you who are forward looking and are flexible enough to accept adoptability, if needed by life. Certainly, this is required and helps as a mitigating factor and bridges the gap when required. I like to read that attitude and flexibility.

May God bless you with a best career and what you dream for.

Regards,

Kamran.
<br />

Dard,

Best of luck for your probable "practice" at U.K. but please make out a feasibility and investment appraisal before you put in the funds and efforts. You can also plan to establish such practice in many countries of the world where ACCA is recognized e.g. --------- chalo leave this controvercy.

By the way U.K. is normally taken to be a place (along with UAE) where ACCA does work.

I wish every one a bright, happier and contended future career.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

I guess you are not known of the recognition of ACCA in the European Union. Kindly visit the link provided in my last post. It will also answer your once-upon-a-time statement "ACCA is just an association"
I will be happy to gain more information. The thing which my ears and eyes don't like is biased, unjustified, and uneven comparisons, one sided and so-called facts provided AGAINST ACCA by many PpL here. I would even support or criticise ICAP when it comes to being fair and impartial. I am in no way against ICAP, it's also OUR qualification
)

I wish you to establish a practice in European Union in coming days, if you find it workable. And yes, ACCA is "just" an association; and in Pakistan it is a company registered under section 42 of CO 84.

Hoping best of luck for you.

Regards,
<br />)

I wish you to establish a practice in European Union in coming days, if you find it workable. And yes, ACCA is "just" an association; and in Pakistan it is a company registered under section 42 of CO 84.

Hoping best of luck for you.

Regards,

What exactly do you mean by JUST an association?
For Practising one does not has to start a firm from scratch . You can be promoted in firms and can reach that stage- of practising- in your life
I don't know what are the implications of ACCA being registered as a company under CA in Pakistan. Are other accountancy bodies registered under CA too?
Dard

You should be knowing what this "just" is meant for. As you tend to plan, I also wish you to have a "training placement" at any firm in EU.

It's CO84 not CA; (meant The Companies Ordinance, 1984). Yes, some accountancy bodies that people rarely know of. Now, it is simply an answer to your query; dont please mix it up.

Regards,
My bad. If company ordinance has accountancy qualifications that PpL RARELY KNOW OF, then i believe ACCA is in the wrong ordinance
And please elaborate what that "just" was meant for
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />My bad. If company ordinance has accountancy qualifications that PpL RARELY KNOW OF, then i believe ACCA is in the wrong ordinance

NGOs and some others do open schools and so-called educational institutes by registering companies under section 42 of CO84. This way they get funds from donors and enjoy "peaceful" lives. You may find it hilarious but is a fact.

This is again answer to your query; I am not dragging ACCA specifically.

BTW Pakistani institute of CPA has also same structure and they may be earning good money for this effort.

Regards
LoL!!! I once again say, i believe ACCA is in the totally wrong section then
When we say that something is present in some country, we never use the word "at". Like I'd say I'm in Pakistan, not "at" Pakistan. Try not to put a comma after 'regards' or a full-stop after your name. God does not 'desire' or the word 'desire' is not commonly used after God or Allah Almighty. As this word shows wishes that may or may not be fulfilled. 'Will' is the right word, I reckon.

Also, we must not 'try' to use difficult words. Though, if we already know a word that perfectly fits in a situation, it would be awesome! doesn't matter how difficult it would be. The art of writing, I believe, is not how difficult one writes but how easily one expresses one's ideas.

Please don't take it personally. Everyone makes mistakes. I know, I myself would have done many mistakes during this single post. We actually learn from our mistakes, don't we!

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4