Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Advise Needed on Qualifications after BCom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
ok i will definitely chk that!
Well, komal

if u want to start your professional carreer in accountancy field, then i would suggest u definitely go for ACCA instead of CA. I am doing CA and in final stage. But CA demands a lot of time and firm commitment..... On the other hand, ACCA is a globally recongnised qualification with a lot of multifarious exposure and oppertunities..

One plus benefit of choosing ACCA rather CA is that it requires far less time and dedication as compared to CA. u can easily qualify ACCA within 3-4 years, if u are a hardworking and motivated individual that u are infact seeing the comments on your post......

Furhter, it doesn't require to do articles as mandatory as is the case with CA. In CA, after qualifying CA-Intermediate u must have to complete 1.5 years of articles prior appearing in the mod-e exam. In ACCA, u hv the option of 1st completing your qaulification then u either go for registered articles from a chartered accountant firm or to opt for gaining job based experience of three years.

Hope, it will help you upto some extent.

Need any further quries, u r most welcome

Regards,

Furqan Naveed
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by komaliqbal</i>
<br />Can you ppl plz tell me wht is the difference b/w CA and ACCA??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
The basic difference is that C.A is a National Pakistani accountancy qualification, whereas ACCA is an international Uk accountancy qualification. You can find out more about both these qualifications on www.icap.org.pk and www.accaglobal.com. Both these qualifications follow and test International Financial Reporting Standards and International auditing standards, with C.A having additional national Generally Accepted Accounting Practices(GAAP). Knowledge wise both are equal
ACCA will cost you more than C.A
C.A has made mandatory for its students to train in approved audit firms for a minimum of 3years to become an ACA. ACCA is flexible in this regard and does not bound its student to have training in audit firms only You can gain the relevant work experience in any industry, provided you fulfill the required 14 Performance objectives
ACCA is easier than C.A in a way that ACCA always has a clear, published marking Scheme after each Exam session, and the marking is transparent. Many believe that ICAP passes students according to Market demand
Worth of C.A is more than ACCA only in Pakistan, but that does not mean ACCA is not recognised in Pakistan. It's worth is growing in Pakistan and you do get good jobs in the private sector as well as public sector
You have great books and practice questions and their solutions for ACCA. I don't know about C.A
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by furqan_ca</i>
<br />Well, komal

if u want to start your professional carreer in accountancy field, then i would suggest u definitely go for ACCA instead of CA. I am doing CA and in final stage. But CA demands a lot of time and firm commitment..... On the other hand, ACCA is a globally recongnised qualification with a lot of multifarious exposure and oppertunities..

One plus benefit of choosing ACCA rather CA is that it requires far less time and dedication as compared to CA. u can easily qualify ACCA within 3-4 years, if u are a hardworking and motivated individual that u are infact seeing the comments on your post......

Furhter, it doesn't require to do articles as mandatory as is the case with CA. In CA, after qualifying CA-Intermediate u must have to complete 1.5 years of articles prior appearing in the mod-e exam. In ACCA, u hv the option of 1st completing your qaulification then u either go for registered articles from a chartered accountant firm or to opt for gaining job based experience of three years.

Hope, it will help you upto some extent.

Need any further quries, u r most welcome

Regards,

Furqan Naveed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"><font face="Times New Roman"></font id="Times New Roman"><font size="3"></font id="size3"><font color="black"></font id="black">

Furqan,
Thanks alot...yes, I have made my mind to do ACCA..Your reply my question also cleared some questions in my mind..

Thanks & Regards,
Komal Iqbal
Ok i need to ask 1 more question from u ppl... My cousin is doing CA..He told me to attempt only 2 papers at the beginning stage wht do you ppl say???
Miss Komal,
Irrespective of advices provided to you by others, I would suggest you not to do ACCA unless you plan to move abroad, ACCA is nothing except a consumption of time and money, it would fetch no real value in your career, many of the qualified ACCAs are jobless in pakistan, and many others are compelled to do job at as low as Rs. 8,000 a month.

I would suggest you to do CA-ICAP or CMA-ICMAP, the subtitutes of whom are not available in pakistan, however these qualifications require much devotions to study as compare to other studies, but these qualification would certainly fetch real value in your life.

However, if you are a "risk averse" decision maker, and would like to avoid a failure in life, then do MBA from a good university or do MCom,
But Remember, You can not be succeed in your life unless you taste failure, however if exceptionally, you get succeed, then you would be far away from the real essence of life, which is only seen after failure.

Best Wishes for your whole career.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by komaliqbal</i>
<br />Ok i need to ask 1 more question from u ppl... My cousin is doing CA..He told me to attempt only 2 papers at the beginning stage wht do you ppl say???

An ACCA qualified(member) can't earn 8,000rs/month in Pakistan. I have not seen any ACCA jobless so far, and that won't happen for sometime. That would just be a rumour and a shame to the profession. Saying a professional qualification does not add value to one's career would be a great joke. We all know every professional qualification has its own worth and value. So komal don't worry if you hear these types of sayings anywhere

He is saying to Attempt two papers of ACCA in the first sitting or two papers of C.A?
Salam,

I would agree with Ajnabi.

In pakistan ACCA is always the second or indeed third choice for employers & speaking in international context then too ACCA is inferior to ACA & yes that's a fact!!

Others are free to disagree but they would be in darkness!![8D]

Regards.
assalamoalaikum to every one,
i m mobeen ahmed. i m the student of CA. i passed the MODULE A of CA in 1st attempt. after that i took the papers of MODULE B which includes )1 Economics 2)Business law
3)Financial Accounting but i did not clear the papers and was failed.now i m doing ACCA and not only me but my 15 more friends are doing now ACCA with me.
Komal i want to give u some important information.
in CA,if u give three papers or whatever,u must have to pass all at same time,if u passed two papers and failed in one paper so u will have to pass the again these three papers, not the one paper. i passed the 2 papers (B.law and F.A) but failed in eco so my teachers advised me to leave CA and join ACCA.
while in ACCA, u have to give again the that paper in which u have failed,not the passed one.
so i would like to advice u to do ACCA,not CA. the scope and value of ACCA is much high in pakistan and much than pakistan in U.K and Europe.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Osama Rules</i>
<br />Salam,

I would agree with Ajnabi.

In pakistan ACCA is always the second or indeed third choice for employers & speaking in international context then too ACCA is inferior to ACA & yes that's a fact!!

Others are free to disagree but they would be in darkness!![8D]

Regards.
Yeah, ACCA is regarded inferior to C.A in Pakistan, because of C.A being the local accountancy qualification and it's monopoly. ACCA is growing in Pakistan too. Visit the thread C.A vs ACCA and read ALL the comments.
ACCA is not considered inferior to ACA abroad. I would take Uk and UAE as an example. In the Uk every relevant job mentions in the criteriaICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, ICAI or equivalent. The accountancy qualifications are rated equal there. In Pakistan itself, i saw various jobs for ACCAs. In the private sector ACCA has alot of scope. ACCA even has many approved Employers, including telenor, audit firms and banks(just to name a few). In the UAE employers prefer western qualifications. Again visit the related threads to know more about job markets in the UAE
As far as C.A's toughness is concerned, ICAP has made it tough itself. ACCA publishes lots of technical articles in its website and magazine to help students. There are lots of resources for students of ACCA to pass exams Exam answers, Exam analysis, exam approach etc etc. So all this makes easy for a candidate to pass if he/she puts effort. In ACCA you don't have to give a whole module again if you fail just one or two papers, unlike C.A
Dear Ajnabi
ICMAP website clearly states that passing percentage required for each paper is 50% similar to ACCA but only 10 guys passed the final exams whereas many Pakistanis pass ACCA and CIMA easily.Maybe the least talented Pakistanis chose Cma(icmap) otherwise passing ratio would have been better.And if ICMAP also use market demand policy then it should clearly declare it.I agree that local qualifications should be the preferred ones but "humain apne munh mian mitho nahin banna chaye".I know one icmap student whose son has now started doing CAT but dad yet struggling to complete Icmap.I wish Icap,Icmap,Pipfa etc to be the best and respected all over the world.
@komal agar u have good money then go for ACCA/CIMA and if u have good(lots of) time then go for CA/ACMA(pk) because shahid ap ka future aap ki mehnat say ziada ICAP/ICMAP k market demand analysis peh ho!
Regards.
As far as Rs 8000/pm is to rozi ALLAH ki marzi per depend kerti hai na k qualification per.Bill Gates hasn't have completed his graduation but he has earned a bit in his life ,hasn't he?Khuda jis ko chaye nawaz day.
@komal
If u r a risk averse and can afford to CIMA ker lo so that u can get ICMAP(U can get 18 exemptions out of 21 ICMAP papers).I bet it would be a shorter(but expensive) route towards ICMAP.
<font size="1"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br />As far as Rs 8000/pm is to rozi ALLAH ki marzi per depend kerti hai na k qualification per.Bill Gates hasn't have completed his graduation but he has earned a bit in his life ,hasn't he?Khuda jis ko chaye nawaz day.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="size1">

A living Example U Have given, Bil gates Admitted in Haward University to get graduated in LAW degree, but After 2 years in University he Discontinue his Graduation Programm, Still Not Graduated, But Richest person on Planet. Jissay Khuda Dena chahay!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6