Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CPA in Pakistan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
yep..pracs is right. Back in Pakistan, I used to hear horror stories about how tough CA is and the dismal pass rate. CPA is relatively easier.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lion_king</i>
<br />meerza ...there is no restriction on taking the papers of ACCA in numerical order....the one restriction is that u have to clear the papers of level 1 before attemptingpapers of level 3.........
secondly its better to take papers in order.......yes u can attemp paper 1.1and 2.3
best of luck

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

WRONG.

ACCA examinations have to be attempted in order.
how many papers are exempted for a qualified icmap member in cpa and would any body tell me about the fee structure
None, the only exemptions come from American styled qualifications. CIA gets an exemption of one paper in CPA.
thanx pracs would you please tell me which option is better CIMA or CPA
scorpion , will u plz tell me ur qualification background

shahzad
How many papers are there in CPA?

Regards
Nauman-ul-Haq
one of our frind asked for the acca papers order
well u can take part 1 papers in n e order but in part 2 u have to go a bit systematically like u cant sit for 2.4 if u had not attempted 2.1 2.2 2.3..nd then agin in part 3 u can take the papers in n e order

zahir afridi
CPA has four exams.

Comparing CPA with CIMA is like comparing oranges with apples.
first of all , i would like to tell all ppl from karachi , who didnt find any information regarding ACCA in karachi.... you can join www.thekarachi.com and goto ACCA Forum

And Accountancy.com.pk is doing a great job really, u know ppl from all over pakistan are getting advantage here. Thanks
For CPA There are 54 state boards of accountancy that regulate the practice of accounting in USA. Each jusridictions has a different eligibility criteria.

You have to have total of 150 Credits (not all jurisdictions require this but most do) in order to sit for the exam. The exam is a Computer Adaptive Test and it has the following sections

• Auditing & Attestation - covers knowledge of auditing procedures, auditing standards generally accepted in the United States (GAAS) and other standards related to attest engagements and the skills needed to apply that knowledge. [Info taken from http//www.cpaexam.com]

• Financial Accounting & Reporting - covers knowledge of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (GAAP) for business enterprises, not-for-profit organizations and governmental entities, and the skills needed to apply that knowledge.

• Regulation - covers knowledge of federal taxation, ethics, professional and legal responsibilities, and business law, and the skills needed to apply that knowledge.

• Business Environment & Concepts - covers knowledge of general business environment and business concepts that candidates need to know in order to understand the underlying business reasons for and accounting implications of business transactions, and the skills needed to apply that knowledge in performing financial statement audit and attestation engagements and other functions normally performed by CPAs that affect the public interest.

CPA exam can only be taken in the USA.

Time Breakdowns for CPA Exam
Section Hours
Exam (total) 14
Auditing & Attestation 4.5
Financial Accounting & Reporting 4
Regulation 3
Business Environment & Concepts 2.5

Please also visit http//www.cpaexam.com/content/examinfo.asp#01
and http//www.nasba.org/nasbaweb.nsf/nasbahome

All the above information is taken from two above websites. It was pasted here on the forum for quick reference.... [D]
Salam All,
let me introduce first. My name is Ahmed and i work for KPMG LLP and CPA candidate. Its very interesting to read posts here on this website that range from topics like Interest to SOX 404. Glad to know homeees are competing hard. Whoever need any information regarding CPA can write me at shaaar00@aol.com.
Now CPA is not really comparing apples and oranges. Yes, it is not the same either. Point is they lead you to same goal. Tbe able to sign off on 10k's , Q's and Tax. but anyways, i am not really aware of CA and requirements so i don't really want to comment on. i read in the post some where about 150 credit hours issue. its not implemented yet in many states. in my states its going to July1st, 2006. So you can still take it with 120 credit hours. Also, if you attempt one exam (any, and you dont have to to take them together anymore) and pass it you have another 18months window to pass the rest. that way just to clarify previous posts. anyways, if anyone have any questions please let me know . Glad to help.
salam
hello friend! i,ll recommend u not to do CPA after completing ur ACCA u can easily get intership in UK CA firms and i,ll strongly recommend u to join CA programme of institute of chartered accountants of england and wales.after doing CA from ICAEW u,ll hav to take only 3 professioa papers here in pakistan to get pakistani CA digree then the whole world is open for u.best of luck.

i am doing CA
thank you Tahir,
Problem is i live in US ....

Let me also contribute to already available information about CPA. There is something that some of you might find infomrative to know about. There are two things in CPA CPA certification and CPA license. In some states, the certificate is awarded as soon as someone passes the exams, but to get the license one needs to provide evidence of at least one year experience working under a CPA. Whereas in other states, the CPA certificate and license are awarded at the same time, means that one must fulful all the requirements in order to even get the certificate. So for those who don't want to work in public accounting rather intend to work in the industry in some other country other than USA, it would be better for them to take the exam in that state where certificate and license are given seperately. That way they just be needing to pay small annual fees to keep their certificate updated. Whereas in order to keep license updated, the requirements are tougher. One needs to continue taking several hours of education each year and pay a higher fees and then only license is updated.

There is one think I would like to know and appreciate if someone could help me that what is the scope of CPA in Pakistan if someone wants to work in the industry?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8