Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CPA in Pakistan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I just want to explain that CPA exams are conducted ONLY in USA. So a candidate MUST have to go to USA to appear in the exam that may be an obstacle to many of Pakistani candidates if they do not have a valid VISA.

A person can become CPA through (1) passing ALL 4 exams, OR (2) by Reciprocity.

AICPA does not give exemption on the basis of Pakistani CA, ACMA, ACCA or CIMA. Though these qualifications ONLY satisfy EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS to sit in the exams, depending upon the requirement of the State Board of Accounting from which the candidate is appearing. AICPA has mutual recognition for reciprocity exam ONLY for UK CA, Australian accounting body, and Canadian CA and may be couple of other, but NOT for sure with ACCA or any other Pakistani designation.

Please follow the following links for more info

<http//www.cpanet.com/>

<http//www.nasba.org/nasbaweb/NASBAWeb.nsf/WPHP?OpenForm>

<http//www.aicpa.org/yellow/ypsboa.htm>

<http//www.beckercpa.com/index.cfm>

<http//www.facsusa.com/>

It was really good info. I have one question too!

Currently I am completing my 150 credit hrs and soon I will be sitting for CPA exams thru Texas Board of Accountancy. After I get my CPA done and have 3 years of US experience, will I be able to work in Pakistan without going under 3 years training and what would be the starting pay ? any idea?

thanks!
Hi nabeelsiddiqi
Though I have posted it on another thread, but I am repeating it here again.

I have doing some search about the professionals in Pakistan that proves foreign qualified and experianced accountants are accepted in Pakistani and Gulf markets. They can work in industry or even in CA firms in consulting except signing financial statements. CPA with US experiance is globally accepted including Pakistan.
A number of guys have given u some sound information. I just want to add something here CPA is state specific, majority of the US states have imposed to 150 credit hour requirement. You should check out the requirements for the state you wish get your CPA license from . In my case its the state of NY , which does not have the 150 credit hour requirement in place yet.
Hi

I just want to add a point to Hamim, though I am not sure about NY State Certificate/License requirement exactly, but I am pretty sure it is more difficult to get certificate/license from NY State as compared to other States as the requirements are more difficult to satisfy. Even I think NY does not offer certificate after passing. So the License is far away thing. After passing all CPA exams, a candidate would certainly need at least a certificate if he/she does not satisfy the requirements of License. But I do not think NY offer a certificate as it is not a two tier State. So, while deciding about 120hrs or 150hrs, a candidate MUST also think about certificate or License the State would give after he/she passes. If a State does not give even a certificate after passing the exam, then what is the purpose of passing the exam (unless you satisfy experiance and other requirements). Further, transfering scores from one State to another State after passing (to get a certificate/License) might not be a solution in most of the cases. Please refer to www.cpanet.com for further discussion on certificate and licensing requirements in addition to relevant Board of Accounting websites that I have linked in my previous reply.

A candidate must see whether the State gives certificate or License or not after passing all exams. What are further requirements like experiance etc.

Thanks

try do your cpa in delaware, or colorado, i heard they ask for the least requirements, then transfer to the state of your choice, just my two cents ;-)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tahir.rauf</i>
<br />hello friend! i,ll recommend u not to do CPA after completing ur ACCA u can easily get intership in UK CA firms and i,ll strongly recommend u to join CA programme of institute of chartered accountants of england and wales.after doing CA from ICAEW u,ll hav to take only 3 professioa papers here in pakistan to get pakistani CA digree then the whole world is open for u.best of luck.

i am doing CA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
[quote]<i>Originally posted by irfan2003</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by tahir.rauf</i>
<br />hello friend! i,ll recommend u not to do CPA after completing ur ACCA u can easily get intership in UK CA firms and i,ll strongly recommend u to join CA programme of institute of chartered accountants of england and wales.after doing CA from ICAEW u,ll hav to take only 3 professioa papers here in pakistan to get pakistani CA digree then the whole world is open for u.best of luck.

i am doing CA

KIA YEH SUCH HAY I MEAN FOR STUDENT DOING ACCA IN PAK CAN EASILY GET INTERNSHIP IN UK
well .. i finally registered with california accounting board because it didnt require 150 credit hours. I just passed my first exam! if any one is interested they should consider doing preparation through becker cpa reviews ... best out there for CPA EXAMS!
well i think no one is aware of CPA in pakistan go to www.icpap.com.pk
bhai logo ...
I have finally found a forum where i think i can get some quality answers to the questions i have. I am a licensed CPA, and live and work in a publicly traded company in Los Angeles.
I want to come back to Pakistan and live there. Can someone tell me if i can use my CPA license to find a quality job in Islamabad/Lahore etc. What would the pay look like?
I have 4 years of experience working in US companies.
Any insight would be GREAT ...
Thanks,
Usman.
Dear Usman,

Accounting qualifications have so much common in the curriculums / practice and foreign qualified and experienced people like you have been getting good jobs, as per my observation.

Although CPA is supposed to have little bit of different concepts due mainly to the differences of USA's financial reporting framework and what we have in Pakistan which is primarily IFRS influenced. Still, this difference may have gone very short due to latest convergence programme. What I believe is when you are qualified and experienced, you should not take much amount of time to get familiar with the altered scenarios. So, you will easily get hold of what we have here in Pakistan.

I advise you to first of all contact the big CA firms (big 4 or may be top ten in pakistan) and meet personally with their country heads/managing partners. You may get a good break through as the profession always has a demand. If you don't find it helpful you can focus on banking or multinational companies. The banks like Standard Chartered, Royal Bank of Scotland, Citibank Barclays or MCB may have some suitable opening for you although Citibank has laid off some people due to crises. Last but not the least, you can also go for big mutual funds like MCB or UBL mutual funds or their AMCs etc. However, I feel you will be welcomed by CA firms.

There could be hundreds of options. Don't take stress if you really want to come back.

Best of luck buddy.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Hi Dear,

In pakistan the professional institute of Public accountants is PIPFA (Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants). Exemptions are also available for ACCA.

For Details

www.pipfa.com.pk

Awais Aftab
Dear awaisaftab

people like Kamran says ICPAP is just non-prifit making organisation and nothing, in fact he is saying ICAP is profit making organisation.

If you answer a little kid, A-Level girl who is bussy in saying sorry to every single person she meets, then Kamran says you have something in mind for her, actually he is himself bussy in impressing her. Obviouly people like him who never seen world could have narrow mind.Do not worry OLD MAN Kamran, at long last you will impress her as she has already started saying sorry to you and many others.

Kamran is always source of fun, just treat him like joker. Just enjoy his lies and do not take him serious, obviously he worked 5 yrs for 2000 Rs and took 10 yrs to become ACA(if he really qualified which i doubt rom day one), he has to defend is qualification.

Khalid,

Welcome back buddy!!!

So, you did not stand on your words. You are upto it.

I know you cannot understand what it means when we say an association not for profit registered under section 42 of Companies Ordinance, 1984. Pracs has pointed out that you open your mouth for the things which don't even come into your brain as you don't know them.

People at large know who is a joke and who is a source of amusement. Keep on doing your work with this sick mind.

KAMRAN.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8