Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CPA in Pakistan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aamersikandar</i>
<br />Hi,
Its wrong that CMA does not give expemtions. It gives exemptions to members of ICMAP. You may check it from their site.
Similarly ACCA members can appear from most of the states even if they do not hold bachelors degree. You may check it from Colorado state (at east I know about it).
Thanks

Aamer Sikandar
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You can do CPA from the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan (ICPAP). It is located in Pakistan. The website address if www.icpap.org.pk
WHAT IS THE WORTH OF CPA

FROM INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF PAKISTAN.
I am looking at CPA from US. I have done BCom and MBA(Finance). I would like to know which state will give certificate without work exprience in US. As I will not be able to go to USA for working under CPA.

Thanks
Check Montana Board of Accounting rules.
Montana Board needs 2000 hours work expeirence. Since I do not have work visa, how do I get experience. Hence looking at states with no experience requirement.

Please suggest.
Some States are two tier states, means they give Certificates after passing but for Licence to practice requirements are more restrictive like 2000 hrs requirement. I think Montana in among them which also give certificate only. Check details at following websites or ask questions from candidates at cpanet, their information would be more updated. CPANet would be answer of all your questions if you go for CPA. Search CPANet for MBA or Montana rules or list of two tier states and their requirements. Links are;

http//www.cpanet.com/cpa_forum/default.asp

http//www.aicpa.org/yellow/ypsboa.htm

Regards
hey to all, cpa is like acca. one is lion and another is tiger. as for doing cpa u have to do it from australia, or usa or ireland or even in the pakistan islamabad, but cpa is good if u want to live in the usa. because it got no scope in the euorop and pakistan cuz they uses GAAP instead of ias,
which is best CPA or CFA in US.
There is an institute named

Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan

CPA can be done from that institute also.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by imran Hasnain</i>
<br />There is an institute named

Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan

CPA can be done from that institute also.

Before recommending, please do look at it first

<b>The CPA Program offered by ICPAP is different in design, structure, scope, content and examinations from the CPA Program offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), USA and others countries of the world. The ICPAP and AICPA are independent of each other, and there are no reciprocal arrangements. All reference to the CPA Program in this document pertains to the CPA Program offered by ICPAP only.
</b>
Source http//www.icpap.com.pk/CPAHistory.html
The CPA of USA is the among the most sought-after accountancy certification... Icap exempts Module A to F to CPAs... only articleship is due
I am new to this forum can anyone explain about CPA?
Thanks...

http//www.texashealthinsurancenow.com/
AICPA has mutual recognition for reciprocity exam ONLY for UK CA, Australian accounting body, and Canadian CA and may be couple of other, but NOT for sure with ACCA or any other Pakistani designation.

It was said above while ICAEW, ICAS are not allowed to sit IQEX. Incorrect information.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">[i]

It was said above while ICAEW, ICAS are not allowed to sit IQEX. Incorrect information.

Absolutely incorrect information. Only Canadian CA, Australian CA and CPA, New Zealand CA, ICAI (Ireland), and Mexican can write IQEX or USCPA reciprocity exam. See at the following link. NASBA is the organization which conducts CPA exams for all Boards of Accounting in USA.

http//www.nasba.org/nasbaweb/NASBAWeb.nsf/wpeip?openform

4 CPA exams are far distant thing, ICAEW or ICAS papers even DO NOT satisfy 150 or 120 credit hour education requirement to be eligible to write 4 CPA exams because AICPA does not have MRA with these so does not accept ICAEW or ICAS exams even toward 150/120 requirement.

However, AICPA accepts courses taken from accredited colleges/ universities. So, the holder of ICAEW or ICAS would have to even satisfy 150/120 credit hour requirement, UNLESS such a person also holds acceptable/ accredited college/ university degree, AND if courses of that degree are acceptable to AICPA.

Till recently, ACCA papers were acceptable to Colorado Board for both educational (i.e. 120 cr. hr.) requirement and licensing requirement, but they have changed it.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8