Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Please tell me abt CA of England & Wales....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
For ICAA

You also need to be a 4 year graduate or equivalent (equivalent to Australian tertiary qualification) and this graduation too, should not have been taken by any exemptions, like the Oxford Brookes one. This rule is pretty unfair when you are a qualified member of a professional instutute. The same rule is also there in Canada but CICA(provincial bodies) waive this requirement in certain cases.
And by the way ICAA only has 4 papers and a case study -).

When globally you compare Chartered Accountancy qualifications of ICAEW, ICAA (Australia), CICA (Canada) , ICAS (scotland) and ICAI (Ireland) I find ICAA's structure of qualifaction the most easiest. Only 4 straight forward papers and exam fees are also not very high. One for Financial Accounting/Reporting one for management accounting one for Tax and the last one for Audit.

While worst feedback for CICA from my side, after visiting their website and spend hours reading YOU WILL Never be able to understand how to become a CA Canada. The most horrible and confused chartered accountancy body I have ever seen.

In Ireland they have 3 stages with 4 papers each in CA Proficiency 1 and CAP 2 and one exam in the Final admission exam FAE I think. School leavers there need to do a 5.5 years training while minimum training for graduates is 3.5 years.

ICAS also requires graduation as a minimum entry requirement. They also have 3 levels 5 papers each in Test of competence level and test of professional skills level and a case study in the final level.

In Canada CA Training is called CA Co-Op Program. In Australia its called CA Cadetship. In Ireland its called CA Practice Trainiship and In UK its called CA Training Contract

Uzair
Salam,

thanks man that was preety enlightning!!

i indeed appreciate ur comment..

regards....... [D]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by UzairCh</i>
<br />For ICAA

You also need to be a 4 year graduate or equivalent (equivalent to Australian tertiary qualification) and this graduation too, should not have been taken by any exemptions, like the Oxford Brookes one. This rule is pretty unfair when you are a qualified member of a professional instutute. The same rule is also there in Canada but CICA(provincial bodies) waive this requirement in certain cases.
And by the way ICAA only has 4 papers and a case study -).

Uzair
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

ACCA falls in the partially recognized over seas bodies list. members
of these bodies satisfy the educational requirements for entry to the ICAA's CA program.
http//www.charteredaccountants.com.au/A117411454

ACCA is equivalent to an undergraduate degree for the purpose of enrollment in ICAA . however additional courses in Ausi tax and law have to be taken before joining the ICAA program. actually these can be taken online even before landing in Oz.

the OBU degree comes handy for immigration purposes. i am not 100% sure but ACCA affiliate together with a degree from Oxford Brookes University, UK is accepted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and NIA to get a positive skills assessment.

Those students who belong to partially recognised institutes and donot have an Australian graduation or equivalent have to enrol in Approved australian universities to first complete the graduation conversion courses of Bridging subjects in Audit, Company Law and Tax Law. These programs are usually called Masters in Accounting, Masters in Professional Accounting degrees provided by specified universities given in the following link.

http//www.charteredaccountants.com.au/files/documents/2009%20Bridging%20Subjects%20co%20tax%20aud_Jul09.pdf

Once these programs are completed then the students enrol in ICAA program and can claim exemptions from 1 or 2 modules out of 4 I think.
the Ausi tax and law course from Deakens Uni can be done via distance learning . ACCA has an agreement of some sort with this uni. not sure whether it will be accepted by ICAA though.
after looking at all this hassle, i ll stick to ICAEW )
Salam,

ya even i believe that if u r talking in international sense then ICAEW is indeed the best. [D]

if u have a different opinion pls let me know..

regards..
unless your bound to move to AUS or other country, go for ICAEW after ACCA....that is IF NEED BE.

I realize alot of people have been saying ACCAs are earning bad reputation in market and not getting jobs in Pakistan. Thats the most ridiculous thing i ve ever heard.

PSO, Mobilink, Telenor, Ufone, Schlum. etc, wherever you see finance openings, you see ACCAs haev a chance, everywhere. Even SECP.

look at the openings yourself, here and other countries like UK. There , most good finance openings i have seen, they ask ACCA, CIMA or ACA.

Audit firms are flooded with ACCAs.

Internet is a wonderful tool, make the best use of it and dont form an opinion about anything based on what some DUDE said on the board.

best of luck!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Osama Rules</i>
<br />Salam,

ya even i believe that if u r talking in international sense then ICAEW is indeed the best. [D]

if u have a different opinion pls let me know..

regards..
only CA bodies which are members of the GAA (global accounting alliance) are truly international. their members have advantages where ever they are.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACCAite</i>
<br />unless your bound to move to AUS or other country, go for ICAEW after ACCA....that is IF NEED BE.

I realize alot of people have been saying ACCAs are earning bad reputation in market and not getting jobs in Pakistan. Thats the most ridiculous thing i ve ever heard.

PSO, Mobilink, Telenor, Ufone, Schlum. etc, wherever you see finance openings, you see ACCAs haev a chance, everywhere. Even SECP.

look at the openings yourself, here and other countries like UK. There , most good finance openings i have seen, they ask ACCA, CIMA or ACA.

Internet is a wonderful tool, make the best use of it and dont form an opinion about anything based on what some DUDE said on the board.

best of luck!

Dear ACCAite,

No body says that ACCAs don't get jobs. Can you find me out a single post saying this? The issue is of comparability in the market which I know is hardly understood unless someone personally faces the market.

If you will check Pakistani market after completing your ACCA, you will get clarified. I hope there is a short amount of time left.

Hoping a best career for you.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Salam,

ICAEW is a member of GAA so no tension what so ever!!!!!!

[D] [8D]

anyways may i ask from u that why did u went for the ACCA despite having the option of CFAB-ACCA & do u regret ur decision now??

thanks & regards..
i assume you are asking me!

my friends (females) are ACCA members holding top positions in BIG 4's here. they earn extremely well , have excellent careers . this is one factor which really made me join ACCA. anyways its a big market for ACCAs.

for ICAEW you need a training contract and frankly its not easy to get one on basis of A levles. if an employee working in an ICAEW ATO wishes to gain a training contract , it will be given to him first and then outsiders. there are ACCA's who are on ICAEW training contracts in firms here, i personally know 3 such ACCAs. the main problem with ICAEW is getting the training contract.

the one biggest advantage/benefit you get with ACCA is the UK accredited degree. helps a lot for immigration purposes .in case if one needs to go for MBA , its very useful.
a degree is a degree, without it the CV is empty. this is my viewpoint. cant call your self a graduate without a degree right!.
why will ever regret my decision?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACCAite</i>
<br />unless your bound to move to AUS or other country, go for ICAEW after ACCA....that is IF NEED BE.

best of luck!

Dear ACCAite,

No body says that ACCAs don't get jobs. Can you find me out a single post saying this? The issue is of comparability in the market which I know is hardly understood unless someone personally faces the market.

If you will check Pakistani market after completing your ACCA, you will get clarified. I hope there is a short amount of time left.

Hoping a best career for you.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

Mr. Kamran

My post surely was not directed towards you atall.I thought we had cleared up on this issue. I am well aware of how ACCAs are doing and what should they expect....nothing compared to qualified C.As....period!

I saw some ridiculous posts earlier but didnt had time to tell them to stop posting stuff that would mis guide others. If i remember correctly i read posts like

ACCA is earning bad repute, some companies have banned ACCAs.....job market for ACCAs is terrible etc. This post was directed towards them.

What you say, i understood....because i have good friends in this field and been working for years. I have yet to hear about an ICAP member personally whos NOT doing REALLY well.

On the other hand, ACCA members are not having problems in getting jobs. They just arent earning as much as C.As or arent sitting at such designations as them. Thats understood.

I hope to enter the market Inshallah very soon. I will Inshallah be going straight to industry as financial constraints dont allow me to to work in practice here in pak land.

have a good one.
for ICAEW you need a training contract and frankly its not easy to get one on basis of A levles. if an employee working in an ICAEW ATO wishes to gain a training contract , it will be given to him first and then outsiders. there are ACCA's who are on ICAEW training contracts in firms here, i personally know 3 such ACCAs. the main problem with ICAEW is getting the training contract.

the one biggest advantage/benefit you get with ACCA is the UK accredited degree. helps a lot for immigration purposes .in case if one needs to go for MBA , its very useful.
a degree is a degree, without it the CV is empty. this is my viewpoint. cant call your self a graduate without a degree right!.
why will ever regret my decision?

[/quote]
Salam,

well i fully agree with u that finding a training contract is indeed a difficult task especially just based on ur A levels but that wont be the case with me as i will complete my CFAB first which will take almost 1 year & then start my hunting!! [8D]

Trying to be a member of ICAEW afer ACCA will take too long..

ACCA is not a degree it is a diploma so one should keep this fact in mind.[V]

lastly i agree with all other points of yours..

thanks & regards.
ACCA /ACA/CIMA etc etc are CERTIFICATIONS, professional qualifications. they are neither degrees nor diplomas. its strange that you don't know that yet!
however on completion of ACCA's F level, you have an option of going for the OBU degree.

ICAEW after ACCA doesn't take too long, one has to sit and pass 3 more papers.
when will you be moving to UAE?
Good Luck!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14