Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Please tell me abt CA of England & Wales....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
<center><font face="Times New Roman">Hello,
Please tell me about CA of England & Wales. What is it actually?

And PLease guys tell me the basics of CAs and ACCAs, like
* What are articleship?
* Do we have to do CAT for CA?
* After doing the Inter do we directly take admissions for CAT & ACCAs & CAs...?</font id="Times New Roman"></center>

I'll be very thankful to you....
ICAEW is one of the most prestigious accountancy body in the world. The papers of Professional level of ICAEW are however, not conducted in Pakistan. There are however pathways and exemptions available for ACCA Affiliates, ACCA members and ICAP members to claim exemptions from ICAEW and thus become ICAEW members.

Articleship is the necessary practical training required by CA inters as well as ACCA affiliates. Articleship consists of 3 years of training.

CAT is not required for CA from ICAP. You can get registered as an ICAP student right after completing your Intermediate.
odyssee, if we do ACCA from Pakistan How can we apply for ICAEW in England? What about Internship there?
pls visit the following link
http//www.icaew.com/index.cfm/route/157505/icaew_ga/en/Qualifications/Train_for_the_ACA/ACA_international/ACA_training_in_Pakistan

I must mention that at the moment, it is next to impossible for ACCA Affiliates to get an ICAEW training contract from any audit firm in Pakistan.
what about studying CA-ICAEW in England and doing internship in England?
i guess that foreign students of ICAEW would face the same difficulty in getting a training contract in UK, as faced by the foreign students of ACCA in UK.
i have just completed my FSc. i want to do ACCA then CA-ICAEW.. what shuld i do now? any suggestions? i have to take admission in CAT then ACCA...what would be route next to ACCA?
Dear bilal,
there is no need to do ACCA befor CA- ICAEW. You should go for CFAB and then CA- ICAEW. you can complete CFAB in maximum one year & then 6 papers will be exempted from CA-ICAEW.
IF u are interested plz register with in one week.
feel free to contact for further quries.
house#9 street#49 sector f-6/4 islamabad
ph#2822911-2
@ PIBF
are the papers of the Application Level of the Professional stage of ACA held in Pakistan?
what i have heard is that only the papers of the Advanced Stage of ACA are held in Pakistan. so if a person who claims exemption of 6 papers of ACA through CFAB will have to attempt the remaining 6 papers of the Professional stage in UK. Is my info correct?
to PIBF,
I havnt heard abt this course before! send me some details about it! @ bilalayub919@yahoo.com

Odyssee you can also attemp those professuinal stage papers papers in UAE , no need of going to the UK.
i have heard that now you only get 4 attempts at each ICAEW paper? am i right? or do we get 4 attempts overall?
what does this post mean?
anyone explain!
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=7462

Plz what about scope of ACCA in Dubai?
<font face="Times New Roman">plEase GuiDe me tht
1. Is the course of <b>CFAB & CA-ICAEW</b> TouFer tHan ACCA ...? em Askin b'cOz maNy ppl have frightened mE Tht Doing CA iz too haRD....

2. dOeS the CA of ENgland & Wales HAs mOre Worth (in monetary terms) thAn the CA qualified fRm Pakistan...?

3. Do we get the training of articleship while doing the ACCA or CA <b>or</b> it takes another <b>3</b> yrs...?

<center>Please help me out
I'll be very thankful to you...</center>
</font id="Times New Roman">
that post is in english, so there shouldnt be much difficulty in understanding it. anyways in simple , ICAP members no longer need to undergo the 2 yr training requrement to become ICAEW members.

tons of ACCA's are flowing to the uae, so u can make out its scope now and what it will be like in near future.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14