Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Quote of the Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again."
Og Mandino
My parents taught me how to listen to everybody before I made up my own mind. When you listen, you learn. You absorb like a sponge-and your life becomes so much better than when you are just trying to be listened to all the time.
- Steven Spielberg
Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imi-tate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate.
- William Arthur Ward
One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"I gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which I must stop and look fear in the face. . . I say to myself, I've lived through this and can take the next thing that comes along. . . We must do the things we think we cannot do."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our in-stitutions, great is our sin.
~Charles Darwin
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
~Thomas Paine
A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
~Alexander Pope
We all possess the thunder of pure fury and the calm breeze of tranquility. If it wasn't for tomorrow, how much would we get done today? Whatever your purpose... embrace it completely. Get lost in the clouds every now and then so you never lose sight of God's wonder.
~Paul Vitale
Do not believe that he who seeks to comfort you, lives untroubled among the simple and quiet words that sometimes do you good. His life has much difficulty. Were it otherwise he would never have been able to find those words.
- Rainer Maria Rilke
Almost every man wastes part of his life in at-tempts to display qualities which he does not pos-sess, and to gain applause which he cannot keep.
~Samuel Johnson
"The greater danger for most of us lies not in set-ting our aim too high and falling short; but in set-ting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."
- Michelangelo
If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
One of the best rules in conversation is, never to say a thing which any of the company can reasonably wish had been left unsaid.
- Jonathan Swift
“According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either, but the bumblebee doesn't know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway.”
- Igor Sikorsky