Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Something New Is Coming In CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
i think the credit of above goes to Sir Khalilullah sheikh currently elected in south COmmitee he had 5 gold medals to him name Mashallah in MOdule F he did his articles from A F Ferguson Section -C karachi!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by imdad1</i>
<br />i think the credit of above goes to Sir Khalilullah sheikh currently elected in south COmmitee he had 5 gold medals to him name Mashallah in MOdule F he did his articles from A F Ferguson Section -C karachi!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Is he member of ICAP council?

Do you know him personally?
If so you can share valuable knowledge

Vital

I am also an observer like you so cannot with certainty say about when this all would be achieved. Still, I hope this would be done within the tenure of this Council.

Khalil is a genius; but currently he is in Southern Committee. The scope of Committees do not include working on these strategic areas. These are the matters of Council.

Regards,

The 49th Annual General meeting of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan will be held on Tuesday 10 August, 2010 at 600 p.m. at ICAP House, Karachi.
Video conferencing arrangements have also been made at our ICAP Lahore and Islamabad offices for the convenience of the members to attend the meeting.
(Source ICAP website)

Annual Report 2010 has already been placed at the ICAP website.

An extract from the Council’s report (integral part of annual report) is as follows

“The Education and Training Committee initiated the process of revisiting the education and training scheme of the Institute. The following areas were specifically considered by the Committee

Curriculum and syllabus.
Entry requirements.
Standard of PPT.
Role of RAETs.
Exemptions and equivalencies.
Industrial training.
Duration of training period.

In addition to seeking input from the members of the Committee who have diverse experience in education, practice, industry, business and the public sectors, the Committee also sought input from other stakeholders of the Institute who have been through the system and can appreciate its strengths and weaknesses. Such input was obtained through

web based online survey of members; and
focused group sessions with students, RAETs and MRTs.

The Committee has recently formalised its recommendations for the consideration and approval of the Council.”

I think Council meeting will be after AGM.

The credit of all above goes to Mr. Abdul Rahim Suriya, President ICAP as well as to distinguished members of Council who initiated all the developments. They are really showing commitment in serving the students and members and it is just their first year with three years more to come.
The role of managerial staff and ICAP members in providing support and inputs is also appreciable.

It is not good to say that the credit of all above goes to just one person who is just a member of a regional committee.
I recently came across the news that ACCA affiliates will get exemption till CA Foundation instead of CA Inter...

And as for Module G News (OMG P), I think it was coming after the recent easing up of policies by a usually prim ICAP and its should definitely energize the qualification...
gud info

Instead of retelling the news, I think it is time to discuss different aspects of upcoming education and training policy.

Different aspects are as follows

Curriculum and syllabus
Entry requirements
Standard of PPT
Role of RAETs
Industrial training
Duration of training period
Development of high quality study material

Secondly, I created this thread with the intention to discuss “something new” affecting CA students, not “something new” affecting ACCA students and I already declared my intention.
If someone is interested in ICAP policy of exemptions, he should make his own thread.
I do not allow anyone to discuss that policy here because it is a sensitive issue and only results in CA vs ACCA debate.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wicky</i>
<br />gud info
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well, I did not read it and hence my post...
Further, the news indirectly aids the ICAP qualification...

Having said that, I appreciate what you wrote and will read those posts...
And as for PPT.... Along with its curriculum revision, i guess it should be made mandatory to introduce a healthier filtration process...

CA is a qualification which only bright and hardworking students can pursue. So, only bright students are allowed to join CA qualification. In order to judge their brightness and determination a high standard entry exam is essential.
My personal opinion is that instead of having English in A module it should be in PPT. Some QM techniques should also be tested in PPT. Every RAET should offer special classes for the preparation of PPT.

Its standard should be raised further. Exemptions should be tightened further.

But I don’t think PPT will be made mandatory. Some exemptions will always be there.

Let see what future unfolds.

Integration of degree programmes of LUMS and IBA with chartered accountancy is also a part of ICAP future action plan.
This will enable CA-inter students to obtain their degrees and also enable graduates of LUMS and IBA to join CA because they will get decent exemptions.

An extract from Council report 2010

“At national level, the Institute has approached the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), the University of Lahore and other universities with a good ranking from the Higher Education Commission (HEC) to permit credits in their graduate programmes to the CA Intermediate students, to enable them to obtain a graduation degree. The University of Lahore has launched a special degree programme for CA Intermediate students.We are also exploring the possibility of integration of degree programmes of LUMS and IBA with chartered accountancy. This integration can possibly be done by offering equivalencies to various papers of their degree programme vis-à-vis the papers of CA Intermediate.”
If all of the proposed changes are enacted, i think there will be many students trying to go for the ICAP's C.A
@ Vital
yes u are right...
our teachers have also told us about changes that are gonna to occur in coming sessions...
most imp of them are
RAET system will again be implemented.
IT course will be excluded from Module D
Obbc, Economics and Law wll be shortened
Partnership and branch will be xcluded from financ accounting 1
some IFRS and other IASs will be included in Financ accounting 2's course.
following the route of ICAEW? amazing! Now finally ICAP CA will be worth doing!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11