Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Something New Is Coming In CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I think it will act as a bridge between young CAs and Middle Eastern employers. I think young CAs will find it useful because it will expedite their job finding process and because Middle Eastern employers like to employ Pakistani CAs.

I think it will not find any success within Pakistan. I mean Pakistani employers do not need it.

An extract from the Annual Report 2010

“Job Placement Portal
Members seeking better placements would be able to register their details on this portal using their login ID and password. Employers will be requested to send their requirements for placement on the portal. These requirements would be matched with the details of members who have registered themselves for a job. The confidentiality of members' information shall not be compromised and no resume would be forwarded to any employer without the prior consent of the concerned individual. This portal is expected to be available to members in the last quarter of 2010.”

Information about Job bank can also be found in June Newsletter.

One more thing about Job Placement Portal

No one can say that jobs are fake.
lol i hope they dont start disclosing marks.

Vital

I wish you to know that in Middle East you cannot find a job while you are located at Pakistan. There may be some rare instances but I am speaking of majority of cases. However, the Big 4 recruitments, where they hire qualified persons from their Pakistani offices, are excluded from this presumption.

The professionals are available in abundance at ME region from all over the world and specially from Pakistan and India. Further, job opportunities at ME have reduced considerably which may not make the employers to go beyond borders for recruitment process. (Job curtailments lately has made us to witness qualified CFAs working on as low as 7k to 10k AEDs.) Plenty of CVs and applications are always available with each and every company, either from direct source or through web-bases recruitment consultants.

I believe in ME there is no thirst to see cross border human resource availability as far as Finance and Accounts profession is concerned. If, this has to be done, the international recruitment agencies are already capturing the market with full intensity and will play their role first of all.

Regards,
Kamran Bhai
From your post it looks like new breed of CAs will find it difficult to get a job even in ME.

Mr. Noman said that he personally knew many Big4 finalist students who could not find job for at least 6-8 months.

In these situations what ICAP (which claims that it is creating opportunities globally) can do

1. Career counseling sessions for young CAs
2. Job placement portal (JPP)

As you say CVs are always available. So CVs are also available from ICAP (a credible source)

Of course submission of CV to ICAP is not the “whole job done”. ICAP is not going to FIX a deal between an employee in Pakistan and employer in ME. A young CA has to mobilize all his resources and JPP will be one of them. JPP will be facilitator in tough situations not “alladin ka chirag”.

This is what I perceived
Latest Newsletter, That is, August Newsletter, again confirms that the approval of new reforms in education and examination system by Council.

But I don’t know when this “soon” will end
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />
Latest Newsletter, That is, August Newsletter, again confirms that the approval of new reforms in education and examination system by Council.

But I don’t know when this “soon” ends.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Our principal said changes in syllabus will apply from new batches after march 2011 -)
The recent changes in examination policy are effective from 1st June, 2010.
But the approval and announcement were made well before it.

So same would be the case here.
I think new reforms also require some amendments in Bye-Laws, publishing in official Gazette and some approval of Federal Government types of things. After then the change will be truly implemented.

So implementation will take its own time.
But announcement will be made <b>SOON</b>
What....Changes in Syllabus.....

I do not think that changes in syllabus are called education reforms. I do not think changes in syllabus require such deliberations as undertaken by ICAP during last 10 months. Changes in syllabus do not require approval of the Council.

Industry mein articles approve hony ke koi chanches exist karty hain ? ICAP jo new changes introduce kar raha hai kia ye bhi is ka part hai.
Not Now and Not Ever

ZERO Chances for Industrial Training
G MOD haha.... so,now E and F are semi final and G is final MOD.
Those forum members who recently switched to this thread are requested to read all the previous posts.

ICAP has no plans of introducing another module and industrial training.
“Corporate Governance and Business Ethics” can be a new subject. (Annual report 2008)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11