Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Something New Is Coming In CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />If all of the proposed changes are enacted, i think there will be many students trying to go for the ICAP's C.A
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The annual report 2010 of ICAP gives following data about Registered Examinees during 8 years

Year = Registered Examinies

2003 = 24,196

2004 = 27,069

2005 = 29,796

2006 = 32,804

2007 = 36,668

2008 = 41,019

2009 = 45,186

2010 = 48,888

The increase every year has varied but the entrants to ICAP are growing and this growth will witness significant increase in coming years after the current changes.

Regards,

Kamran sb do u think that pakistan economy is capable to absorb such high number of CA students (including those who don't qualify)??

Nowadays i personally know many Big4 finalist students who can not find job for at least 6-8 months.
What will happen when all these students enter the market?

Noman

Your question is about the assumption of going-concern as a nation and is not merely focused on CA profession solely.

When we talk about the economy, we don't have capacity to absorb the increasing population on every front be it whatever profession or field. You name it, medical, engineering, law, accountancy, agriculture, industry....whatever.

Further, the global genies wish to and are substantially successful in dividing us, destroying our systems and strengths, eliminating our unity, stopping our growth on all fronts and destructing our whole social setup by using our own hands against us. I repeat, they are quite substantially successful in breaking our back-bone. They are using same tactics which at some point of time we used considering ourselves the most intelligent creature. We just forgot that our enemies had the capacity to absorb such jerks but we did not.

So, this is entirely another issue to be discussed and taken care of by the planners where we have historically remained failed to merely realize the situation; or the planners knowingly never tried to concentrate on it.

The question of growth and capacity building can only be raised after the question of basic survival has been satisfactorily answered. Here we cannot answer the question of even below the poverty line survival of our citizens. We, as their custodians and emperors, cannot provide any assurance as to their lives and belongings as the citizen of this so-called Islamic Democratic Welfare State. At the top of all, our citizens are also from the same breed and logically deserve same treatment as well. When people cross the limits, nature also gives them the due lesson; but unfortunately, historians have never quoted instances where such lessons might have been learnt by the people. So, no wonders if we are doing the same thing as well.

We are on the lip of the black-hole of destruction as a nation; we have half fallen and the remaining half is about to fall in such a pit of deep disrespect, dirt, failure and wrath. The question that which profession will perform in what manner has become gravely insignificant at the moment.

Notwithstanding the above, the going-concern assumption is still there, at least as per our perception; and using such perception when we discuss a given qualification, we have to see what it takes and what it produces. I would have not agreed on the bottleneck reported by you because of a belief on such going-concern assumption, had I not been feeling messed up by the continuing disasters being faced by the nation and economy and due to the recent incidents which have almost eradicated all the hopes of a corrective revival.

You are right; the day of our entire destruction is not far sighted. The correction can only be made when we all will correct ourselves at our individual levels. I always say correction starts from me and from you. Unfortunately, we never realize and practice this formula.

So, don't merely ask about what will be the future of CAs in such circumstances; rather raise this question on the going concern assumption of this nation, its survival, this socio-economic setup, this brother-hood, this so-called untrue islamic thought, and this country as a whole.

I guarantee you that if such assumption on other fronts would be appropriate, CA profession will also remain intact and prosperous.

Regards,

Namia Beera

In my personal opinion, attending the classes from RAET will remain recommended. It will not be made mandatory because in future ICAP wants to open offices in small cities where there is no or only one RAET.
I think ICAP will exercise strict supervision of RAET.

I think you don’t like branch and partnership accounts and you like only IFRSs. Branch accounts can be excluded but knowledge of partnership accounts is essential for CA students. Nowadays ICAP is also working on Limited Liability Partnership Act. So partnership accounts are of huge significance.

Syllabi of different subjects are going to lengthen not shorten. Even BFD is going to split into two, according to my knowledge.

We all should keep one thing in mind

CA was tough
CA is tough
CA will remain tough.

Only education and training policy is going to change, not ICAP’s system or way of doing things.

Even abolishment of Bad Failure cannot change toughness of CA.

Even if ICAP provides high quality study material, it will definitely attract students all around Pakistan and it will certainly help students but toughness will remain there in sense that those books will be just “one more to the total of recommended books” and students will have to go through all those recommended books.

There is only a hope that development of high quality study material compatible with new syllabus would be achieved within the tenure of this council.

ACCAite

CA is always worth doing. It always has been rewarding profession.

ICAP is following ICAEW. It looks good. But the fact is ICAP is following international education standards and best practices followed by world renowned institutes.

Example is industrial training which is also known as training outside practice.
This form of training is followed by many institutes. But it will not be same as we find in other places. My personal view is that ICAP will not waive the requirement of training in CA firms. Students will have to go through both industrial training as well as training in CA firms.

Industrial training will be introduced for the purpose of creating training opportunities.

Noman

Economic growth, industrial development, attracting the foreign investment and managing the various crises are not under the control of ICAP.

ICAP website is currently showing two important phrases

1. growing together
2. creating opportunities globally

This is what ICAP can do for students and members in current economic conditions.

Regards
Hi

This debate is really dangerous from one angle about ACCA exemption . Please tell me that is it true that after implementation on MODULE G or new development in ICAP , ACCA exemption will be reduced ?

Please reply me soon

Thanks
The Level of examining in the papers will remain same but if ICAP publishes its own books, it will definitely help the students in the exams more than before.
I am also of the view that there will be a mix of firm training and industry training, and only top Multinational companies will be chosen, if any.
Scorpion

People who have long association with the CA profession are predicting some reduction of exemptions to ACCA. ICAP has not made any official statement regarding this.

ICAP withdrawal of exemptions to ACCA does not pose any danger to CA students. I think new policy will not apply to those ACCA affiliates who have already obtained exemptions.

I don’t know what “dangerous aspect” you are talking about.

I believe that whatever ICAP is doing is good for the CA profession.
Dear VITAL

I completely agree with you but u r talking about the CA profession & thinking from the angle of CA profession .

Its understood that those ACCA affiliate who obtained four module exemption will not be affected by the new development or reduction in EXEMPTION .

But think about the angle of those person who will be affiliated from ACCA this year or next , then if there is reduction in exemption for ACCA then ACCA would not be worthy in market because people doing ACCA only to get the FOUR module exemption in order to get the module E registration & save their valuable time as ACCA normal period is 2.5 year where as module A to D is normally takes more than 3 years.

thats why i am worried about reduction in exemption for ACCA as ACCA papers are really tough & international acceptable qualification .

Hope you will understand what i am trying to tell you

Regards

Naveed Muhammad Umer
Naveed

1. ACCA students, affiliates and members deposit their respective fees to ACCA, not to ICAP. ACCA is responsible for creating job and training opportunities for ACCA members and students, not ICAP. ICAP is responsible for its service to its own students and members, not to others.

2. Exemptions are given as a matter of policy, not on the basis of fairness or to support other qualification. ICAP does what is best for the CA profession.

3. I know that ACCA is a good and globally accepted qualification.
I downloaded some papers from ACCA website and I am impressed by their quality.

4. My prediction is that ICAP reduction of exemption will be limited to just D-module Company Law and C-module Taxation. May be IT and BCBS also.

5. My personal advice to ACCA students is that they should either go for CFA or CA (ICAEW) if they want more education and they think that doing CA (ICAP) is a long venture.

6. Those students who want join CA in future should join it right from start.

7. For ACCA affiliates who want to enter a CA firm, CA-inter is not required so they should not be worried.

I hope it clears everything.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wicky</i>
<br />if u see th e sylbs of the both sbjcts its sufficient .

it will only be a new burden 2 stdts.

thx
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">this is a craabbb
oh yes C.A surely has been totally worth doing no doubt about that.Wish i was one. If i had started earlier and had the $$$ to afford through the training years, surely would ve done ACCA. what i meant was the horrendous books!! and now hopefully students will be able to find out why they failed .. p

July Newsletter of ICAP (issued by ICAP today) indicates that there are two council meetings in the month of July.

First Council meeting was held on July 20 and second meeting on July 29.

Both meetings did not give approval to new education and training policy.

Annual report 2010 (dated July 20) states that education and training committee initiated the process of revisiting the education and training scheme and has recently formalised its recommendations for the consideration and approval of the Council.

New policy only requires the approval of Council and I do not know exactly when the new Council meeting will be held.
I also don’t know why new developments are still under consideration.

The AGM is going to be held at 600 pm on August 10, 2010 at ICAP House, Karachi.
If I were member of ICAP, I would definitely attend that meeting and raise the issue.

AOA,
What i have come to know is that
There will be third subject in Mod A ie IFA.Some course of IFA Mod B will be included in Mod A.
I also heard from my teachers (Fellow) that soon ICAP may shed the long running cloak over our marks... First step will be disclosure of grades which will subsequently give way to fromer...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11