Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Something New Is Coming In CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
SOON ---> So On
Let's hope for the best
vital u dont answer me

Will new changes apply to us?
Why they are taking so long to say anything officially?
I think Vital is being perceived as ICAP's information director
My opinion and prediction have no value. Anyone interested in new reforms can contact omair.jamal@icap.org.pk

And then share with us.
In response to my industrial training query they simply say No.
So sad for CA students
So they have given up the idea of industrial training? very bad
Mudassar and Faran

"Training in Industry" cannot be called Training that a prospective chartered accountant of Pakistan should receive. So not to introduce it is a good decision. By the way I got it confirmed via e-mail dated August 16 and I shared that e-mail in this thread.

Yes ICAP did consider to introduce Training in Industry. There was a special task force that gathered inputs from members from Practice and Industry. The concerns raised by members are valid and very much outside the purview of students and you can read those concerns (By Kamran Bhai) in this thread. So whatever ICAP decided is purely and surely for the well-being of profession.

Chapter Closed.

ICAP wins the game after all
Well our teacher told us that from this attempt BCBS will be included with FEN and ECo is again going to be a part of Mod A )
Dear Friends,

My name is Syed Imran Hasnain Jaffery.

My qualifications are

M.Com,MBA,DCMA,ACPA,ACFA,ACIS,AIFA

I am working in knowledge and human development authority(KHDA)government of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

I am a qulified CPA from Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan (ICPAP)- www.icpap.com.pk

I am also the regional coordinator and examiner of ICPAP program in Dubai - United Arab Emirates.

I want to add something in the discussion.

Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) is a very small professional accountancy body in the world. It can create monoply only in Pakistan. At the global level ACCA,CIMA,ICEAW are more reconized and prominent accountancy bodies.

Furthermore, in UAE even a CA from Nepal is equal to the CA from Pakistan.Beacuse in the global market the people and empoyers are not concerned about from where you did the professional qualification, they are concerned about the recognition aroung the world.

Internationally CA from UK is more powerful than CA from Pakistan even though the later has more papers as compared to former.

I want to add something here in UAE more than 1000 Indian Chartered Accountants are working as compared to Pakistan Chartered Accountants who are in hundreds.

Due to the wrong policies of ICAP most of the ICAP candidates who have some papers remaining and ICAP is not passing them they are moving to ICPAP. It is a good sign that a second professional institute of pakistan in gaining popularity and recognition.

ICAP is a local institute only as compared to ICAEW,ACCA,CIMA who are gobal.

Regards,

Imran Hasnain
M.Com,MBA,DCMA
ACPA,ACFA,ACIS,AIFA
Regional Coordinator
and Examiner - ICPAP
Dubai - UAE
00971-50-2213250

looks like peoples of all qualification having problems with CAs.I don't care ,i feel proud on my decision to do CA.

Best wishes to hatters!
I hope ICAP would reduce the number of exams from 21 to something lower and dissolve unwanted papers. About time they get inline with the world bodies. Good to see syllabus revision in ICAP.

Hopefully the new syllabus would discourage ratta and will focus on learning and application.

Good luck ICAP students and members!

P.S why is ICAP so much in love with ICAEW? I mean adopting its syllabus as it is? Will it not raise questions on their competancy as a professional body? I will be an ICAEW member in 2 years based on my ACCA memership. What benefits should i expect from this love affair?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) is a very small professional accountancy body in the world. It can create monoply only in Pakistan. At the global level ACCA,CIMA,ICEAW are more reconized and prominent accountancy bodies.

Furthermore, in UAE even a CA from Nepal is equal to the CA from Pakistan.Beacuse in the global market the people and empoyers are not concerned about from where you did the professional qualification, they are concerned about the recognition aroung the world.

Internationally CA from UK is more powerful than CA from Pakistan even though the later has more papers as compared to former.

I want to add something here in UAE more than 1000 Indian Chartered Accountants are working as compared to Pakistan Chartered Accountants who are in hundreds.

ICAP is a local institute only as compared to ICAEW,ACCA,CIMA who are gobal.

Regards,

Imran Hasnain
M.Com,MBA,DCMA
ACPA,ACFA,ACIS,AIFA
Regional Coordinator
and Examiner - ICPAP
Dubai - UAE
00971-50-2213250

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

A UK, CA is not better than Pak CA. It is only the skin color that gives them a benefit in gulf. Overall, i beleive that US, CPA is one qualification after which you need not to worry about anything on the education front. During my job hunting in the past 2 months i have seen CPA with every audit/accounts job everywhere on earth.

I second everything else you just mentioned. I am a victim of ICAPs monopoly as i could not get an articleship based on my ACCA back in time. Big4s asked me to register with ICAP if i want to get in which i refused. Nervertheless, my live moved on and i am working on a good designation now. As you mentioned the monopoly ends at the borders.

However, i do accept ICAP's policy of monoply in Pakistan as they are simply the local body who will first secure their own interests.

I can feel a sense of restlessness in the high commands of this local body. ACCA exemptions have been reduced and their affair with ICAEW is growing every passing day. They are trying hard to gain some international recognition and a global footing.

<b>ICAPS has a policy of keeping its number of passes and member to as low as possible, which according to their policy helps maintain its prestige. At the same time they are giving access to ICAEW to their membership.In the coming years candicates will storm their membership through ICAEW route and this honeymoon will be over. </b>

In global markets, everyone is an accountant with a qualification and experience that underscores their professionalism. Who gets the job is a question of merit and who is a better accountant. Unlike in Pakistan where al it matters is to get a CA and you will get a guaranteed high level job regarldess of your professional traits. I am personally against this approach.

Thank you that you mentioned your contact, otherwise Kamran would have blasted you. I got a feeling that he will still do it. )

I need not to blast anyone; but everyone may like to have a blast at his own ) since they say, "it's fun to be young". Kidding!

Forum is a place where ideas are shared in a typical sequence of query-answer-query-answer; and if someone has a right to put the query, others are leveraged with a right of answering. I hope one can understand that so far both remain within the limits of decency, nothing can be tagged as a "blast" in a sense it has been used.

Having said that, I also wish to reiterate my pleasure to see the people crying for not being associated with ICAP, though indirectly. I can imagine how sad it is. However, a kind advice is that, please market yourself at your own and do not use ICAP’s name for winning any sympathies or a market share.

We have been seeing this trend from the outset and we know this has to continue. Still, this is nothing to feel odd for; rest assured.

Regards,
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11